Thread: ICC 10 setup

ICC 10 setup

Well, trying to get a good setup, that will work in ICC 10, and our guild is a bit unsure.. We were thinking like :

Tanks:

Blood DK
    Prot warrior

Healers-

Resto druid
    Holydin
    Holy priest

DPS-

Arcane Mage (IRL Friend of GM)
    Shadow priest (GM)
    boomkin (IRL Friend of GM)
    Fury warrior (me)
    enhancement shaman

Any good adjustments we can do here? Please respond
    Last edited by mywowdaily; 2010-08-12 at 10:19 PM. Reason: Ok, now that i've edited that, try to the problem :P

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    That setup should work fine, I only problem I might see is trash pulls, not bosses. Since both of your tanks lack in AoE threat like other tanks do, but it should work fine anyway.

You've got two AoE heals and a tank healer, so your heals are covered. If anything, swap the Holydin out for a Disc priest and swap the HPriest out for a Resto Shaman or another druid. Disc provide a damage reduction buff kinda like a Pallytank's Sanc blessing.

You could do without having an SPriest -and- a Boomer. They both bring a debuff on mobs that increases the party chance to hit, I believe. And it doesn't stack. Druids bring GotW, and you have another priest for the Priest buffs.

And you have your Hero on the shaman, for when you're cutting it close.

You can really run with any setup, as long as people know what they're doing and can handle the situational changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would switch out shadow priest, boomkin, and Enhancement for something else.

Add in elemental shaman, retribution paladin and hunter.

and the blood tank should then be frost tank for icy talon, since the hunter already got 10% ap buff

It is not a bad setup but a rogue/hunter for MD's when needed would be nice. Also, is this for regular? If so you could probably drop one of the healers.

As for healers, that's ok but I'd go with a discipline priest instead of holy.

this is my setup for heroic 10 icc

tanks:
    warrior
    paladin

healers:
    disc priest
    holy pally
    resto shaman

dps:
    frost/uh dk
    rogue
    warlock
    mage
    boomkin

Ok, thx for the tips and such :P Take a little look at what i've edited, and try to see the problem :P (To the two first repliers)

Have the priest go disc, Disc is godly in ICC and it makes infest on LK lol.

EDIT:

Throw in my raid comp for 10ICC HM:

Tanks:
    Blood Dk
    Prot pally

Healers:
    Holy Pally (me)
    Resto shaman
    Disc priest

DPS:
    Arcane Mage
    MM Hunter
    Kitty
    Boomkin
    Rogue
    Last edited by Zamiel; 2010-08-12 at 10:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Silver
    "Now, you listen to me, James Hawkins. You got the makings of greatness in you, but you got to take the helm and chart your own course. Stick to it, no matter the squalls! And when the time comes you get the chance to really test the cut of your sails, and show what you're made of! Well, I hope I'm there, catching some of the light coming off you that day."

10+ Year Old Account
    so basically we can't switch around the dps, only the shaman, well, thats boring

pretty good setup.

resto drood seems to be standard. your gonna need a disc priest though, a lot of boss fights will be oh sooo much easier with bubbles galore. third doesn't matter that much. sham's are nice raid heals and great support if your druid can't handle healing the raid alone or your healers oom easily or don't have that extra kick to their heals. but if they can handle themselves, grab a holydin/holy priest.

dps is no surprise either. Mage for burst and high dps, Spriest are nice as well, can be helpful with shields if need be or a nice steady dps. boomkin or ele sham for support/crit&haste buff. doesn't matter really. but i would recommend a rogue or huntard. your gonna need a high dps in case the mage dies or is failing. lock wouldn't hurt either.

but if EVERYONE is a decent player and can do their job well in boss fights, you shouldn't have a problem. but no ones perfect >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally would make the Hpriest go Disc and the Enh Shaman go Ele. The Totem of Wrath would be more beneficial to the raid due to having a lot of casters. Disc priest are ridiculously amazing in ICC, there bubbles are nice for fights like Saurfang, BQL, LK... well their bubbles are amazing for every fight. Thats my 2cents.
    Naus' Armoury - Armoury

Our setup for ICC 10man hc is:

Tanks:
    Feral druid
    Prot warrior

Healers:
    Holy paladin
    Discipline priest

DPS:
    Unholy DK
    Fury warr
    Enhancement shaman
    Fire mage
    Shadow priest
    Marksman hunter

Thx for all of the answers, and im pretty sure it'll go fine, if i just make some changes like the disc priest, which seems to be awesome, so thx for that :P And the ele shaman. Since it's normal, i could pretty much drop the third healer, and put in a huntard. Well, im gonna talk to the GM, and see what he thinks ^^

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    That setup should work fine, I only problem I might see is trash pulls, not bosses. Since both of your tanks lack in AoE threat like other tanks do, but it should work fine anyway.
    This a joke? Neither prot warriors nor blood DKs lack in any sort of reasonably fashion in regards to AOE threat. Stop playing with bads.

To answer the OP, looks fine but I'd recommend replacing the enhance shaman with a ret paladin, replacing the holy priest with a resto shaman. Enhance shaman is just about the worst melee you could bring to a raid.

---------- Post added 2010-08-12 at 11:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Morin View Post
    pretty good setup.

resto drood seems to be standard. your gonna need a disc priest though, a lot of boss fights will be oh sooo much easier with bubbles galore. third doesn't matter that much. sham's are nice raid heals and great support if your druid can't handle healing the raid alone or your healers oom easily or don't have that extra kick to their heals. but if they can handle themselves, grab a holydin/holy priest.

dps is no surprise either. Mage for burst and high dps, Spriest are nice as well, can be helpful with shields if need be or a nice steady dps. boomkin or ele sham for support/crit&haste buff. doesn't matter really. but i would recommend a rogue or huntard. your gonna need a high dps in case the mage dies or is failing. lock wouldn't hurt either.

but if EVERYONE is a decent player and can do their job well in boss fights, you shouldn't have a problem. but no ones perfect >.>
    Actually holy paladin is the standard healer for ICC 10. I don't run ICC 10 without a holy paladin, period. They are too good.

Definitely don't need a disc priest. Holy paladin is waaaaaaaay more important.

---------- Post added 2010-08-12 at 11:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by martinkaca View Post
    It is not a bad setup but a rogue/hunter for MD's when needed would be nice. Also, is this for regular? If so you could probably drop one of the healers.
    I have done every HM and Glory of the Icecrown Raider without a rogue / hunter. MD / tricks aren't even remotely needed.

With the buff, that setup should be golden. The only nice, although unnecessary, thing is a disc priest for LK's Infest.

Player quality is much more important. Good luck.
    "L'enfer, c'est les autres."

To be honest you can do icc 10 with almost any composition... My hard mode group... Which we have our drakes with is as fallows..

Tanks :

2x warriors

Dps:
    Fury war
    Ele sham
    Shadow priest
    Ret palli
    And the last spot varies if we are selling achievements or what not so it
    can be anything but we did acheivements the first time with a hunter

Our heals:
    Either 2x Druid and 1 palli
    Or 2x palli and 1 Druid
    Our Druid goes boomkin for many of the fights that only require 2 healers and one warrior goes dps for princes while the ret palli goes prot for kelseth, but all other fights are done with 2 warriors