Off-tank dying from Necrotic Plague

Hi guys,

Got to LK for the first time tonight in a pug which was better than the majority of the guild runs iv been in. Dps was good, i solo tanked Sindy with 2 healers. Only a couple had killed the LK before (on other chars) so we took some time learning the fight.

I was offtanking, we only had 2 healers so it was tough for them, but everything went fine until the shamblers died during the first transition, and i would be killed in seconds by necrotic plague. Tried pulling as many ghouls as possible so the plague would jump to them instead, but it didn't seem to help.

Am i doing something really obivious thats causing this problem?

Deleted
    The plague lasts 15 seconds - but ticks every 5.
    The damage it does with ONE stack is 50k (off the top of my head).
    That means with only 2 stacks it will 1 shot a tank without a cooldown.

Usually you have a set dispeler who dispels the necrotic plague before 5 seconds so it does not tick (and thus does not deal damage).

When the shambling dies - the offtank gets the plague. It is imperative it is dispelled either onto a ghoul or completely off. If the plague is dispelled when the target is 10 yards away from everyone the plague disapears.

Hope this helps.

EDIT

Just to clarify - There are only a few ways the plague can Jump or disappear.
    1) The plague is dispelled - This will cause the plague to jump
    2) The target dies (Friendly or Enemy) - The plague will jump
    3) The plague runs its full duration (15 seconds) without killing its target - It will jump.

The plague will not jump to anyone if there is no-one within 10 yards (The plague will disappear)
    Last edited by mmoc18646deaeb; 2010-08-13 at 01:04 AM.

The plague has a limited range, if there is no one in range to take it then it disappears if cleansed. In the transition phase you should holding the adds away from the group but within range of the healers.

Well, you arent being dispelled.

I offtank lichking almost every time, and as a paladin, it's very easy. during transition, drag everything away from the group, and when it all dies, dispel myself. simple.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that you are a warrior, or DK tank, and as such, need an external source to dispel it from you once the horror, and any straggling ghouls are down, and dead from plague.

Pulling lots of ghouls is important, but not as important as that dispel once they're dead. 30% buff can't save you from that!

So, in conclusion, nothing you're doing wrong (unless you're way out of healer range), but rather something for a class with disease removal to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by Skilgannar View Post
    Hi guys,

Got to LK for the first time tonight in a pug which was better than the majority of the guild runs iv been in. Dps was good, i solo tanked Sindy with 2 healers. Only a couple had killed the LK before (on other chars) so we took some time learning the fight.

I was offtanking, we only had 2 healers so it was tough for them, but everything went fine until the shamblers died during the first transition, and i would be killed in seconds by necrotic plague. Tried pulling as many ghouls as possible so the plague would jump to them instead, but it didn't seem to help.

Am i doing something really obivious thats causing this problem?
    Are you saying that the FIRST shambler died?
    -If so, you need to pull ghouls continuously, one at a time.

Now if there are TWO shamblers up, there is no need to pull ghouls anymore.
    -However, if the dps is not fast enough on LK and if there is still 1 shambler up - pull ghouls before said shambler dies.
    Bounce it back and forth between you and the ghouls until LK is dead. then kill remaining ghouls away from raid and get a healer or yourself to cleanse yourself.

Hope this helps.

~Gizmo

It's a dispelling issue. Being new to the fight i didn't know if what i was getting was different to what was being dispelled from others. Since no one who knew the fight mentioned that the issue was i wasn't dispelled i thought it couldn't be that simple.

And yes i'm a warrior. My positioning is exactly as the tankspot video says. Our dps was pretty good i think - i think in all 3 attempts i had 2 shamblers alive and on me during the transition, they died quickly, but then i was killed - i beleive the debuff was up to 14 stacks or so. Next time we go in i'll yell at the dispellers a bit more

Thanks for all the responses