Thread: Lichbane

Lichbane

anyone else ever wonder if lichbane will ever be made even marginally useful or even remove it? or are they ok with it being a joke?
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Deleted
    I didn't even know what Lichbane was until I checked wowhead. So yeah.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Lichbane is useful, or atleast that's what 90% of all the Death Knights I run into think.... And it makes by brain go "ouch"...

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

We have a lot more runes than we have specs, it's inevitable that some of them won't get used and lichbane happens to be one of them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    We have a lot more runes than we have specs, it's inevitable that some of them won't get used and lichbane happens to be one of them.
    I wouldn't say that. It's just that the 15% strength proc from fallen crusader is SO MUCH better than everything else we have available because it scales insanely well with gear and all our moves. IMHO they should either nerf fallen crusader (boo!) or bring some of the other runeforges up to the level of fallen crusader (yay!) so we have some choice in our runes.

As it is now, fallen crusader for pve 2hand. fallen crusader for pvp 2hand. fallen crusader + razorize for frost dualwield.

It would be nice to have the option to use, say cinderglacier + razorice and NOT be completely gimped.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Deleted
    General purpose, there's still going to be one that's better, regardless of how close it is. The only reason for us to switch runes in the same spec would be that one is situationally better, and I'm not sure we want this. "brb guys, this mob is demon, going to reforge my weapon with demonbane, summon me back"

Deleted
    Maybe they could do something with it to make it more useful for some fights, but ofc as one person has said i don't think people are going to want to have to teleport to dk area and reforge just for one fight..

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    i agree, but i also think that if it's never ever going to be used we might as well take it away
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Quote Originally Posted by Albert the fish View Post
    i agree, but i also think that if it's never ever going to be used we might as well take it away
    I can't disagree with that, it's worth exactly nothing so it doesn't need to exist.

Lichbane is probably more useful than Giantslayer enchant at least

10+ Year Old Account
    They were put in the game to give us a bit more variety throughout levelling, if you don't like it don't use it, it's that simple.

Lichbane is our personal Minor Beastslaying.

It is actually rather useful while leveling up until you can get FC, it's good for the archinduin(sic) instances as well as fighting some of the mobs in hellfire. I will admit it needs a bit more punch to it, but it's not a bad leveling enchant and if DKs started at like 35 and then went right into EPL/WPL it would be a great enchant.