Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Time lost proto drake

So guys, im farming the time lost proto drake, its been almost 2 years now ( december 08) and i thought id know all the spawn areas, engine of makers, bors fall, bors breath, but someone just killed vyra at a completely diffrent spawn area near navirs cradle, it spawned at the earthen place and went counter clockwise, i did some research and stuff and its not anywhere, so does anyone know any other spawn areas bar the ones mentioned above?

Tl:dr : give time lost spawn zones you know of =]

Get SilverDragon (scans for rares near your location) and Rare Overlay (shows rare paths on your map)

2 Years and starting to research now? niiiiiiiiice.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackhide View Post
    Get SilverDragon (scans for rares near your location) and Rare Overlay (shows rare paths on your map)
    I use these same add-ons.
    I even saw him flying around 3 times. But every freaking time, a Hunter "Tags" him before I can.
    Grrrrrr....
    Hunters.
    Dawwwwwww

10+ Year Old Account
    no, ive researched alot before, but this is a new spawn area to me, and i thought i knew em all
    theres a hellova story i should tell actually, saw him on my pally, ret auraing him to the floor, a pally 30 yard damage taunts him and he got the kill even though i took damage off him, Gm said there was nothing they could do... god i raged

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bahumut5 View Post
    I use these same add-ons.
    I even saw him flying around 3 times. But every freaking time, a Hunter "Tags" him before I can.
    Grrrrrr....
    Hunters.
    Arrg, damn those hunters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sillistrar View Post
    Also, I love your short-temper. Did you know that people like you are the most fun to mess with? Not that I'm doing it. Yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazoric View Post
    Interception...
    Is that a like a charge within a charge? :P

2 years?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, ive just got terrible drop rates, RNG, etc etc, saw him about 5 times overall

Do you guy's kill me when i say i just 'happened to run into him' while i was delivering a quest? Didn't even had epic flying yet, and just dinged 80.

Anyways, it was above the frozen river.
    Last edited by Condemner; 2010-08-13 at 12:05 PM.

Got mine the 21th of November 2008. Didnt even have epic flying(I recall I was level 77 at that point), too bad its my alt now

Quote Originally Posted by arioc View Post
    Arrg, damn those hunters.
    Both my hunters have it.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    im farming him too while mining ores but yah i havent seen it once...i use npcscan to detect rare mobs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Martyn 470 View Post
    Yeah, ive just got terrible drop rates, RNG, etc etc, saw him about 5 times overall
    Yeah, you got to hate those 100% drop rate! ...

But to be honest, in most cases it's all about being lucky. I saw that big fat ass dragon (not the time lost) spawning as I was doing my JC daily.
    The goblin warrior, Gallywix!
    "And the Heavens shall tremble!"

My name is Kenneth044, and I'm an altoholic!

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn 470 View Post
    ive researched alot before
    WoW, I've never met anyone who has reserched alots before. Have you found out how a single creature like that can have so many different versions of it? I know the basic Alot is big and furry, but the existence of such claimed subspecies as Alot of fire, Alot of water and even alot of rage have seemed mysterious. I really hope to read more of your research soon, at least if it goes beyond this more basic documentary http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.co...verything.html

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by bahumut5 View Post
    Grrrrrr....
    Hunters.
    Hooray. Finally a topic I know a fuckload about.
    I was in the crazy TLPD boat about a year and a half ago, looking for it almost ludicrously. I'd say all in all about 2 and a half weeks of incessant camping in the "tallest" zone in Northrend, and what a TREMENDOUS chore that was.
    First off, you need to tell yourself you're going to find it. Determination wins in the end. Its a prized mount, and at 100% drop chance, you aren't the only one wanting it. Trust me. I think you know that. Right-
    I saw it three times in total during those weeks, all through my extremely long macro that I currently have no access to. I'm not on my WoW computer. But, you -absolutely- require you have an a macro as a crutch. Somebody suggested an addon, that might work, but I'm old school.
    You need to hotkey this macro to something easy so you can spam it without hassle.
    Make the addon have 3 targets.
    /tar Dirk
    /tar Vyra
    /tar Time
    /rw ((Something like-)) WAKE UP OMG OMG KILL IT RARE SPAWN
    These are the three rare mobs that SHARE a spawn time with the Time-Lost Proto Drake. Meannnning, if you see a dead Dirkee/Vyragosa, log off. Its going to be at least 4 - 6 hours before another will possibly spawn.
    The Drake itself flies about 50 feet from the ground. If you can imagine a medium roller coaster's peak, thats about where it flies.
    I drew a shit picture on Paint, (WORK PC) these are the spots I looked for.
    The Thick line is where I'd usually come across it/camp/pat, the medium line is a place I'd check, and the very thin line I went to not very often, but you never know, it has 3 pat circles.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    By no means is this an east farm. Lots of Led Zeppelin/trance and 'legal herbs here in Amsterdam' pulled me through those long weeks.

tl;dr then damn you
    Last edited by ApertureDreams; 2010-08-13 at 12:16 PM.

They named it right cause it makes you lose time. It spawn where ever you are not or right next to a hunter, sorry have to retool hunter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kenneth044 View Post
    Yeah, you got to hate those 100% drop rate! ...

But to be honest, in most cases it's all about being lucky. I saw that big fat ass dragon (not the time lost) spawning as I was doing my JC daily.
    Actually, according to WoWHead, the mount has a 95% or 97% dropchance(forgot which it was).
    "After dealing with about 10 000 patients over the last 15 years, I would say that over 200 different medical conditions respond favorably to cannabis."
    - The late Dr. Tod Mikuriya, MD, interview in The Union: The business behind getting high
    Former national administrator of the U.S. Government's marijuana research programs
    http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/home

Its 100% sir.

Quote Originally Posted by martyn 470 View Post
    yeah, ive just got terrible drop rates, rng, etc etc, saw him about 5 times overall
    hahahaha lier!!!
    Its 100% drop rate you noob

10+ Year Old Account
    i didnt say i killed him 5 times mr troll, i said i saw him 5 times, l2 read

edit: the terrible drop rates, rng was a reference to mounts dropping overall, 300 runs in strat, 150 in Zg and 40 in MGT and no mounts and my bad luck.