Thread: New Shaman

10+ Year Old Account

New Shaman

Im currently leveling an enhancement shaman as an alt, around the upper 30's right now, and have a problem with mana. Is there anything i can do so i dont have to drink after every pull or do i have to wait untill gear solves it for me?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, it has been roughly 5 years since I've been level 30+- on my shaman, but I'll do my best;

At every pack, pop only mana spring totem. Most people pop all totems, but that's not worth it on a mob that's dead in <5 sec. And always use totemic recall when you're done for some mana back. (if you can already lol).

Sorry that I can't give you anymore information, as I said it has been roughly 5 year since I've been that lvl.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    mana is for nearly all classes an issue @ low lvl, Vorz gave you good tips, but be sure to carry enough drinks with you
    ∞=0
    0/2 = 0 , ∞/2 = ∞
    2/0 = error , 2/∞ = error
    0*2 = 0 , ∞*2 = ∞

Yeah, around 30 it sucks, i've levelled fairly recently so I feel your pain. Around 40 when you get Stormstrike then the bonuses to stormstrike giving mana back it gets a lot easier (and you actually start to feel like a shammy rather than a weak caster that can autoswing good). Just suck it up for 10/11 levels and it will start getting a lot easier.
    From around 43 onwards I had crazy fun levelling my shammy. Not QUITE 80 yet (77) but it won't take long now
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorz View Post
    Well, it has been roughly 5 years since I've been level 30+- on my shaman, but I'll do my best;

At every pack, pop only mana spring totem. Most people pop all totems, but that's not worth it on a mob that's dead in <5 sec. And always use totemic recall when you're done for some mana back. (if you can already lol).

Sorry that I can't give you anymore information, as I said it has been roughly 5 year since I've been that lvl.
    You can use water shield instead of lightning shield. Also spend talent points on Ancestral Knowledge if you skipped it.

edit:jesus my post got scrambled
    Last edited by ketzil; 2010-08-13 at 06:41 PM.
    If actions speak louder than words
    I'll be the most deafening noise you've heard.
    I'll be that ringing in your ears
    That will stick around for years.

Deleted
    Always use Water Shield, never let it drop off, you've got plenty of free GCDs to keep it active since you have neither SS or LL at that level. Don't bother with totems except for multiple mobs/elites.

Water shield cuts down on the downtime considerably. Be glad they decided to drop the level requirement on that from 62 to 30.
    Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.

enh shamans have pretty terrible mana problems up until you get improved SS, and then shamanistic rage later. so until you get that, it will be a drag. but once you get them, it's basically endless mana from there

Yeah, you probably use lightning shield. Don't. Water shield is incredible powerful for levelling, basically zero mana problems unless you heal yourself much. (or you're in an instance and are not getting hit)
    You should consider taking improved shields and maybe even the glyph that increases the amount of orbs of water shield by one or so -> less refreshing (and don't take static shock until your very last points! you won't need it before 80).

Have fun levelling your shaman, because it's one of the best levelling experiences after this :P
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

10+ Year Old Account
    thanks for all the help just hit 40 and started keeping water shield up, having alot less trouble