Deleted

[LF Feedback] GDKPd - a full GDKP suite

I have just finished another project of mine and am now looking for testers that could provide me some feedback.
    The addon in question is GDKPd, an addon used to manage GDKP (Gold DKP) raids.

First off, if you are not aware of what GDKP is or how it works, please read this post on EJ that explains the system pretty well.

Second thing, setting up the addon. If you load WoW up with it installed, you will see a square saying GDKPd - Drag to Move in the center of your screen. This is the Bidding interface anchor, from which bid frames will grow downwards. Once you have finished moving it, simply type "/gdkp" to bring up the options panel and check the "Lock" checkbox to hide the anchor. I'll give you a short list of the other options:
    • Starting bid - the bid at which all items start being auctioned
    • Minimum increment - all bids placed must be at least this+current bid.
    • Minimum quality - the minimum quality that the "Auto-auction loot" button on looting should auction off. Defaults to Rare.
    • Auction timeout - this is the duration of the countdown how long the auction has remaining. The countdown also resets to this value every time a bid is placed.
    • Second/third bidder share - some variations of the GDKP system award a share of the winning bid to the second and/or third bidder that is subtracted before adding the remainder to the pot in order to encourage bidding wars (and higher pot sums). These options control how GDKPd handles such variations.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to all critical feedback, especially of the constructive kind.

PS: This thread's purpose is not discussing and/or expressing your opinion on the GDKP system itself.[/list]
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2010-09-30 at 06:39 PM.

Deleted
    I'll give a quick summary of what changed from the first beta I described above to the first release now out (1.0.0):
    • Localization - Fully localized for German, French, Chinese. Use the wowace web app to contribute.
    • Chat filtering - Don't see all the spam generated by auto-bid wars. (Includes raid warning frame)
    • Item history - See a list of all auctions finished and the winning bid+bidder
    • Saved pots - Save any pots you want for later review
    • Exporting pots - Export pots into an easy-to-read plain text format for posting on forums
    • Simultanous auctions - Auction off all items from a boss at the same time!
    • "Bid minimum increment" button - Bid current bid + minimum increment - greyed out for a split second after a bid is placed to prevent accidents
    • Version checking - Complete with compatibility display and notification whispers
    • Balance window - Shows you how much gold you should pay/receive. Tracks trading.
    • Layered distributing - Only distribute each gold coin once! If you distribute at 200g, then again at 400g, the total distribution value will still only be 400g!
    • Broadcast rules - Send configurable rules to the raid chat. Split automatically by lines.
    • Custom minbid/increment - Set minimum bid/increment on a per-item basis

Obviously still looking for suggestions and feedback.

Yes, this is a shameless bump.

so the winner of the item will be announced in raid or is it hidden? you know to prevent loot drama from master looter
    Last edited by warcrimes; 2010-09-30 at 06:58 PM.

I am the Warrior. Death is my business. Be it yours...or mine.

Deleted
    The winner is announced in raid chat.

EDIT: The entire addon functions over raid chat (no hidden communication involved in the bidding process). This allows users without the addon to bid aswell.

just tossin ideas out
    i was wondering if your familiar with the epgp addon would it be possible to set it up in a window and each button be a set bid so like button 1 is 100g and button 2 is 200g and so on and at the end the winner would be announced
    and have people without the addon type something to the raidl eader for the addon to recognize their bids
    nvm didnt look at the link to curse
    Last edited by warcrimes; 2010-09-30 at 07:03 PM.

I am the Warrior. Death is my business. Be it yours...or mine.

There was an addon, wasn't there?
    Jamshield - Silvermoon EU

Deleted
    There's open bidding in raid chat, and there is already an input box where you can input manual bid values.

EDIT: @omidmash: Huh?

it's a long time i wanted to bring gdkp runs on my server, it will be surely difficult since my server is full of bad players and nobody trusts anyone.

anyway i will talk with one of the most renown pug rl on the server, i have raided much with him. maybe we will start with 10man, then go for 25.

edit: gonna use your addon, then after some try if all goes well, il come with lots of feddback.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    It's full of bugs and has been discontinued (the author stopped playing).

Cool feature request

Most gdkp runs i have attended have had a "buy in", a set fee paid to the host of the raid that was to also be distributed at the end of the raid. The buy in was to ensure everyone contributed something. I have been searching for a gdkp addon that includes this buy in as part of the loot distribution but have yet to find one so am requesting it as an added feature on the best gdkp system i have found thus far

Deleted
    As a work-around for now, you can always manually add (buy-in*25) to the pot.

If you want me to implement this, I would need some information:
    1. Buy-in is only paid by initial raid members (not replacements), correct? If yes, would it be enough to calculate it on pot reset?
    2. Is buy-in money simply added to the rest of the pot?