10+ Year Old Account

Worst you have felt about...

I would like to know when everyone has felt the worst about their respective professions. Things like an item you made and grew attached to being replaced, an item backfiring at a crucial time, or whatever else!

Personally, the worst I ever felt while Enchanting was a recent VOA run... We had 0 Death Knights, and one hunter with no need for the gear... At the end of the run, I had to Disenchant the Prot DK t10(sanc!) pants and gloves, prot DK t9 pants and gloves, Hunter t9 pantsx2, Warrior DPS t9 gloves, and Rogue t9 gloves.

And then I got called a ninja for D/Eing stuff that was useless. : /

Engineering, my worst experience was getting the Northrend Wormhole generator, porting immediately to storm peaks, and seeing a dead Time-lost Proto Drake no more then 20 yards away. Yeah.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably when I looted the Jeeves schematic on an engineer and realized I wouldn't be able to make it for a long time. D:<

(Still can't make it...I stopped playing that character before I got engineering past 430.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Shouldn't this be in the profession forum?

Anyway, I held onto my Phantom Blade long after it was useless because it sheathed on my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    You're right. Blizzard shouldn't have temporarily banned you. They should have sent a couple employees to your residence to Jay and Silent Bob you.
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    I saved a man's life today by performing brain surgery and removing a tumor the size of a quarter from his frontal lobes. God damnit I wish I wasn't ignorant though, cause I have no idea what an LSAT is. I don't know the radius of the Moon either.
    I took part in the LSAT/Cataclysm release date thread.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    Probably when I looted the Jeeves schematic on an engineer and realized I wouldn't be able to make it for a long time. D:<

(Still can't make it...I stopped playing that character before I got engineering past 430.)
    Did this as well... :-| (including the part of retiring the character)

One question for the OP though: Can you actually disenchant tier sets? Been quite a while since I raided anything so haven't tried ICC but remember being unable to do it in the past.

And the item that was the hardest to let go of? Might be my Felheart Shoulders or whatever the name of that lightning bolt-shooting staff from Golemagg was, back when I played a lock and TBC came out. :-( I remember the chaos when bidding for those two...
    Last edited by mmocd8e168cd75; 2010-08-14 at 12:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My Nigh Invulnerability belt... We had good times together. Just me and him against the world... And then there was his brother Rocket Boots. He was a cool guy. But then people cried tears that engineers had a *gasp never before heard of!* advantage in PvP.

Getting the schematic for Jeeves on my engineer and realizing I will never have one.

EDIT: Someone beat me to it.
    Doesn't play WoW but continues to lurk MMO-Champion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Horrify View Post
    Getting the schematic for Jeeves on my engineer and realizing I will never have one.

EDIT: Someone beat me to it.
    I though this too untill i actually tried to get all the mats

i ended up spending about 1500g

kinda worth it to save time waiting for someone to HS to bank and come back
    Ex-Ensidia & Clarity-Twisting Nether member.

Never been able to get leather working from 449 to 450 >_<!!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Correlia View Post
    Never been able to get leather working from 449 to 450 >_<!!!!
    Know the feeling. :-D My LW character is still at like 445.

my Lionheart Executioner. Epic looking, epic epic, cost a FORTUNE to make, was still using it on my fury warrior until recently due to stubborness.

10+ Year Old Account
    I collected probably near 100 frozen orb things for my tailoring. I found that I did not need them that much so I sold them for probably 10g each. THEN CAME A PATCH WITH THAT FROZ GUY.

I had the rocket boots engineering put on my boots.

Hopped into AB

Was using them to get away from alliance, when all of a sudden...

BOOM!

I was launched up into the air, parachuted slowly to the ground and to an angry mob of alliance.

15+ Year Old Account
    Topic in wrong place:/
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunmist View Post

Hopped into AB

BOOM!

I was launched up into the air, parachuted slowly to the ground and to an angry mob of alliance.
    You should have ditched the parachute. Die by your own hands rather than give them an HK!

Quote Originally Posted by Gunmist View Post

Hopped into AB

BOOM!

Man how many times has this happend to me in Dal or WG or WSG and then you fall safely into the hands of the horde (I play Ally :P DRAENEI FTW!!!)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Correlia View Post
    Man how many times has this happend to me in Dal or WG or WSG and then you fall safely into the hands of the horde (I play Ally :P DRAENEI FTW!!!)
    So Draeneis don't just crash ship but have malfunctions in engineering too?

Probably more then gnomes or goblins due to our superb track record XD

EDIT: I have to add i've only seen one other person use their boots and fail... yet mine have failed more times then i can count T_T