Post Why cant Murloc be a playable race? well i got good proof they can!

Hello, i'm very bored and I would like to take this to explain why I feel that murloc's can be amazing playable race! This topic has been talked about for the longest, so you guys that disagree about this idea please take a few moments to read this topic because I'm gonna try to show you "haters" why murloc's can work out!

Murloc's have been one of the oldest races in the history, even known as pre-dated trolls of wow lore and also one of the most famous, and they have so much history with pretty much every race known in a good way or a bad way, eaither way murloc's have connections within wow history.

Murloc's are considerd humanoids...this may be one of the main reasons players hate the idea of murloc's being able to be a playable race because people think they don't look like humanoids. Murloc's live in tribes and villages usualy near the shore and also scout out and spy on other enemy tribes and reef around them, even tho murloc's are skeptic around mortals they do stay loyal and dependent around there own kind.

What I also want to add is that even tho murloc's are very popular they do have A LOT of mystery within there history, so this can allow murloc's to have a type of history to make them fit the type of race to be playable.

And since murloc's don't "sound" or "look" like humanoids I'm pretty sure blizzard can tweak a few things around like how there doing now to worgens for cataclysm.

Now before I post my ideas on the classes murloc's could be I want to add that blizzard were taking this idea into concideration several times, also if they were playable I think they should be the first neutral race in wow so you can choose if you want your murloc's to be alliance or horde because of the type of given history of murloc's.

Murloc's Racial's:

Call Family: the murloc summons several other murloc to fight on your side for 20 seconds, the damage is based of your spell power or attack power. (if your a physical spec/class the summon murloc's go melee range and if your a caster spec/class the summon murloc's stay at range).

Splash: +5 fire resist

Fisherman: +15 fishing

Slippery: reduce root duration by 10%

Murloc's classes:

Death Knight
    Hunter
    Mage
    Priest
    Rogue
    Shaman
    Warrior

Now before you post I would like you to read what I typed so you can get the whole picture, and to the murloc "haters" I hope I changed your view on the idea of murloc's being a playable race.

Thank you for your time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are murlocs smart enough to be wanted by the Alliance or Horde? And Splash doesn't seem very effective(1 point if you get this).

10+ Year Old Account
    Well in northern we got too see a very smart race of morlocs so I don't see why not.
    socials
    TikTok flanleet | YouTube/Twitter/Instagram flan1337

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lewo_darkfluffy View Post
    Well in northern we got too see a very smart race of morlocs so I don't see why not.
    The ones that offered "shinies" to their gods and were outsmarted by Wolvar? You guys can have them we don't want them... I'm sure it will help you guys greatly in beating us.

Quote Originally Posted by MortalWombat View Post
    Are murlocs smart enough to be wanted by the Alliance or Horde? And Splash doesn't seem very effective(1 point if you get this).
    well close to every race has a lil type of resist thing going on so y not fire resist sense there water humanoids? idk thought id be cool

Yeah, Magikarp sucks.

OT: Murlocs look funny, but I wouldn't mind being one of the newer murloc skins coming up in Cataclysm

MAGIKARP!!!!

Hey.. they can use tackle too...

---------- Post added 2010-08-14 at 01:15 AM ----------

And everyone wants to play murlocs but theres something...different about them... something..evil...

Deleted
    And Splash doesn't seem very effective(1 point if you get this).

10+ Year Old Account
    They would have to come up with some new Lore to explain why these particular Murlocs became smart enough to join whichever Faction... At the moment I don't think they have the brain capacity to join either Faction.
    Unofficial Playable Sethrak Thread: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...2796109?page=1

i think its the thing that either alliance or horde wouldn't want a murloc tribe allied to them. goblins and worgen you can understand but there arent any "friendly murloc" short of the oracles and they don't really count

but if they did become playable i'd so make my mage one

OffT: Murloc used Splash ... nothing happened (+1 point)
    Last edited by Saethwyr; 2010-08-14 at 01:23 AM. Reason: clarity
    medicus quercum, venit.
    One's soldiers should not yell abuse at the enemy. "Arouse a bee and it will come at you with the ferocity of a dragon." - Takeda Nobushige

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vent View Post
    The "Do not alter or remove any text on this scan." part makes it complete

10+ Year Old Account
    Shouldn't one of their racials have something to do with breathing under water or swimming speed?
    Unofficial Playable Sethrak Thread: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...2796109?page=1

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mortalwombat View Post
    are murlocs smart enough to be wanted by the alliance or horde? And splash doesn't seem very effective(1 point if you get this).
    and nothing happened!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vail View Post
    They would have to come up with some new Lore to explain why these particular Murlocs became smart enough to join whichever Faction... At the moment I don't think they have the brain capacity to join either Faction.
    ty...if u read my post i explain taht murlocs have mystery to them in lore, taht can allow new ideas

---------- Post added 2010-08-14 at 01:25 AM ----------

i want to add taht worgens and undead arent that smart eaither...but yet there in game content as playable races : /

Deleted
    Also, Ima pokemon rage.

THERE ARE ACTUALLY 3 POKEMON WHO USE SPLASH. Not just Magikarp! Also Feebas and Lotad. Feebas is stuck with it till it levels to Militoc at full beauty and Lotad is stuck with it till level 12. SO NOT JUST MAGIKARP.

And at least Magikarp has tackle. That's more than Feebas has

You fail to understand that murlocs are so popular there is no other race as loved by the general wow population that could compete as the race for the other faction. So if horde gets them, many alliance go horde and vice versa. Balancing issues will be a problem if they gave murlocs the option to choose their faction at the end of the starting zone, pvp would be the main cause for this. So it will never, ever happen.