Serious email thing

Think its my 1st time posting, so: hello all

I got some email today, my spambox is filled with emails for account haxing, but this one wasnt filtered, kinda scary.
    Copy paste:

Blizzard Entertainment
    to me

show details 3:00 AM (1 hour ago)

Greetings!

Recently, the problem of account invasion is getting worse and worse which cause enormous players’equipments and virtual currency stolen. This severely damages the benefits of mass players, also causes our company lose a lot of customers.

Our company has to adopt some measures to safeguard our common benefits in order to strengthen the safety of mass players'accounts, and firmly resist the account to be stolen again.Through our company's research and investigation to (current em customers, we will make the following decisions: we launch a package of updated code strengthen system and dynamic code protection card which can effectively prevent the accounts invaded. We will send this package of code protection system to players free of charge.

Please open this connection < some link to wow > account (i cant post actual links therefor it looks weird)

If your account passes the check successfully, we will send this package of dynamic code protection card to you in the form of e-mail.

In 3 days after you receiving the e-mail, if you don't submit your information, we have right to freeze your account, every player is obligated to protect the safety of the account. You must work together with us to be determined to crack down all the behaviors of destroying games.

If you had already authenticator your account, please disregard this automatic notification.

Regards,

The World of Warcraft Support Team
    Blizzard Entertainment
    <insert normal blizzard link>

Looks kinda, good spelled, grammar and all :P
    Ofc I didnt click it (yet).

Fake/hax?

Greetingz
    the Xui

if it asks you to enter your account information its fake i also doubt blizzard would lock accounts if you dont get a (code protection card) which honestly sounds like some sort of authenticator but why not just advise you to get an authenticator if they say to disregard if you have one. Also since it says to disregard if you have one most definately fake because they wouldn't be able to hack you with one

If you had already authenticator your account, please disregard this automatic notification.

Nuff said

Quote Originally Posted by xuijing View Post

Greetings!

Recently, the problem of account invasion is getting worse and worse which cause enormous players’equipments and virtual currency stolen. This severely damages the benefits of mass players, also causes our company lose a lot of customers.

Our company has to adopt some measures to safeguard our common benefits in order to strengthen the safety of mass players'accounts, and firmly resist the account to be stolen again.Through our company's research and investigation to (current em customers, we will make the following decisions: we launch a package of updated code strengthen system and dynamic code protection card which can effectively prevent the accounts invaded. We will send this package of code protection system to players free of charge.

Please open this connection < some link to wow > account (i cant post actual links therefor it looks weird)

If your account passes the check successfully, we will send this package of dynamic code protection card to you in the form of e-mail.

In 3 days after you receiving the e-mail, if you don't submit your information, we have right to freeze your account, every player is obligated to protect the safety of the account. You must work together with us to be determined to crack down all the behaviors of destroying games.

Regards,

The World of Warcraft Support Team
    Blizzard Entertainment
    This is so fake i underlined the funny parts
    Last edited by MagicMan313; 2010-08-14 at 02:56 AM.
    They shall be my finest warriors, these men who give of themselves to me. Like clay I shall mold them, and in the furnace of war forge them. They will be of iron will and steely muscle. In great armour shall I clad them and with the mightiest guns will they be armed. They will be untouched by plague or disease, no sickness will blight them. They will have tactics, strategies and machines so that no foe can best them in battle. They are my bulwark against the Terror. They are the Defenders of Humanity. They are my Space Marines and they shall know no fear.

Faaaaaaaaaaaaaakkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Given View Post
    I wasnt healing enough, i know my warlock sucks...
    Quote Originally Posted by underdogba View Post
    I got kicked once during Wrath for not rezzing somebody who died.

The curious part is that I was playing a mage.

It's absolutely a scam. For one, if that's directly copied and pasted from your inbox, the grammar is atrocious. Second, it forces you to give them private information, and threatens you if you don't, something Blizz has stated that it will never do.

The only thing you should be doing to protect your account is buying an authenticator from the official site; I'd delete this right away.

Deleted
    aww jeez

if it were real, you would recognize it earlier
    If your account is compromised, Blizzard just freeze your(their - it's not really yours) account and then they will send an email.

The best way to find out is just to log in into the game or at www.battle.net (type it in your browser for yourself, and then bookmark it - never click any links out from emails) to see what is happening.

1) Don't click links in e-mails. Ever. Anything and everything you need to know about your account can be found via your battle.net account.
    2) Links in e-mails (and elsewhere) can say one thing and go to another www.yahoo.com For example that goes to google, not yahoo.
    3) The From in the e-mail can be faked as well. Just because it says it's from blizzard doesn't mean it is.
    4) Posting about these is against the rules. Probably because we STILL get several of them posted a day, and 1-3 cover anything and everything you need to know.

Treat all e-mails about your wow account as fake. It won't steer you wrong, and if you check your battle.net account you won't miss anything important.

The English is so bad it can't possibly be Blizzard.

and if i'm not incorrect, blizz said that if we get an e-mail we should go to the homepage MANUALLY :P but i can be wrong, just think they've said it sometime

Quote Originally Posted by xsistor View Post
    The English is so bad it can't possibly be Blizzard.
    Blizzard's Engrish is always that badry.
    A voice replied...

"Not by the hair on my Wrynny chin chin."

And then Varian Chintercepted Garrosh's cast, then sliced the orcs head off. 24 hours later he was found riding Deathwing over Orgrimmar, burning the city to the ground, laughing maniacally.