Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Theory on the new Bolvar loading screen

After you and Tirion establish the new Lich King, and "hide" your secret Bolvar is left to himself.

Now with this picture, could it be a foreshadowing of a future event?

Bolvar in this picture looks pretty distressed. Not in a bad way though. Why would he be looking at his hands if he were struggling in a losing battle?

It looks like Bolvar just pooped his pants a lil. He's been playing a Paladin since Vanilla and is amazed at how much power he has. He's probably going to overcome some leftover remnants of Frostmourne or Arthas, but he's gonna win and help us someday. Either that or he can become the next Earth Aspect (through a ritual of course). Either him or King Magni, because he's pure stone (or maybe when Bolvar gets back he's gonna be like "oh I know someone who can help lol").

Personally I'd like to see Bolvar and Alexstrasza free Magni, and then someone goes:

"All this destruction...someone MUST repair it."
    Alexstrasza: In a world where we can find able-bodied warriors from all sorts of life, can we not find just one to replace them? Wait. What if-
    Bolvar: What if what you need was not life, but death?
    Alexstrasza: Paladi-Young one. I assume you understand?
    Bolvar: "Yes. I wish to rid myself of this curse. I have...seen atrocious things being done by my new...relatives and their heartless leader. I wish no more part in it."
    Alexstrasza: "You may lose your grip on these creatures but they will still need guidance."
    Bolvar: "If it must be done. I will do it for the sake of guiding all those lost souls to a new dawn, forged by fire and rock."

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyJango42 View Post
    Why would he be looking at his hands if he were struggling in a losing battle?
    you ever been high?

and no bolvar wont become the next aspect of earth

The loading screen is for Wrath of the Lich King content.

Bolvar is the new Lich King, that's it. There's nothing more to it.

Also wouldn't you be distressed if you had to become the Lich King?

On a side note, I think the screen is amazing.
    Doesn't play WoW but continues to lurk MMO-Champion.

that loading screen is a huge spoiler for those new to the game
    Dear developers,

please nerf Rock, it's too overpowered. Paper is fine, however.
    Signed, Scissors.

15+ Year Old Account
    I will admit this loading screen threw me as well, for the simple fact that he wasn't encased in ice. Seems fishy.

I've no doubt we'll be seeing Bolvar again, for whatever reason... but it won't be fore the cataclysm.

He's on the Frozen Toilet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malleus
    Arcane Barrage is a Blood Elf racial. He's making reference to the trope that 99% of Belfadins are n00bs who don't know anything about their class ... a stereotype that remains true even two years after TBC came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Horrify View Post
    The loading screen is for Wrath of the Lich King content.

Bolvar is the new Lich King, that's it. There's nothing more to it.

Also wouldn't you be distressed if you had to become the Lich King?

On a side note, I think the screen is amazing.
    Well, i think we're all too bored with current wotlk loading screen. that is it
    "Paragon of the Light, lead our armies against the coming darkness."
    Эн / Калифпорния

Its a loading screen... a fucking loading screen.

HURR Varian and Sylvanas and all the other faction leaders from EK are standing together on the loading screen, this must mean they're having a party!

Someone shop him with a Vuvuzela, and have him go

"FUCK Arthas! Check this shit out; NO HANDS! Can YOUR Lich King do THAT?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kalx View Post
    Ppl new to the game wont know what Arthas as the LK does or doesnt look like and the first you see Bolvar when he looks like he does there is when he is hanging over the LK throne, by the time you get to that point im sure you would have clicked on the fountain in the middle of Dalaran and watched the video.

Looks to me like he's saying "GOD DAMN IT, TIRION!!!"

He's making a move for the most powerful of all facepalms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalx View Post
    agreed, they should just make it a vague picture of the "Lich King" frozen in the ice, as bolvar is or as Arthas is in the Wotlk trailer.

Chances are those joining the game around, or post cataclysm aren't going to be downing the lich king at the applicable level anyway.
    So a spoiler or not, it won't be an issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    He must be forgotten, stop talking about him!

It really doesn't matter if this is a "spoiler" for new players. New players will be joining us in Cataclysm, which occurs after Arthas' death and Bolvar's ascension to the throne.
    Doesn't play WoW but continues to lurk MMO-Champion.

Sooo... Who else would lol if on the exterior of ICC after patch 4.0, there's a huge glowing neon sign that says "Under new management."

Here's my theory:

Blizzard wanted a cool new loading screen for people going to Northrend.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorack View Post
    Sooo... Who else would lol if on the exterior of ICC after patch 4.0, there's a huge glowing neon sign that says "Under new management."
    It'd be cool if Epicus Maximus made a move out there and just flew around the Frozen Throne and that was on the side of the shark.

They should have made the loading screen of Bolvar doing a facepalm. Kinda like, "WTF did I get myself into..."