Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    A cornfield by a raceway with a tornado flying through (Indiana)

Totem of Tranquil Mind

It must have slipped through the cracks during the announcements (unless I missed it somewhere?), but it seems Shaman are the recipient of the Concentration Aura effect mentioned before, in the form of a new totem. It is a water-based one that reduces channeling/casting time in the same way, lasts 5 min like the others. I didn't think we'd get it personally, but there ya go.

Learned at 74.
    Last edited by Kenai; 2010-08-14 at 07:14 AM. Reason: level

10+ Year Old Account
    Huh always figured it woulda gone to the priests. Though I would think this would have made a better air totem rather than a water one.
    I can stand the sight of worms,
    And look at microscopic germs,
    But Technicolor pachyderms,
    Is really too much for me.

Tragic victim of Altitis

Minor good news.

Quote Originally Posted by Bludstorm View Post
    Huh always figured it woulda gone to the priests. Though I would think this would have made a better air totem rather than a water one.
    Agreed, rather have it as an air totem since having multiple healing stream totems out works.

Nothing to complain about, but nothing to get overly excited about.

Quote Originally Posted by Sterkrazzy View Post
    0%? that's sick
    A lot of percentages are at 0% atm. It is beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    A cornfield by a raceway with a tornado flying through (Indiana)
    Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    source?
    I logged in, leveled to 81 not long after, went to the class trainer for Unleash Weapon and there it was. I was hoping someone would have a picture by now since I don't know much about posting them, but I'm sure any shaman on the beta can verify it.

Erm I'd rather have this incorporated into another totem *cough*wrathofair*cough*.

Reminds me of the totem that shaman used to have, called Totem of Tranquility...

Edit: Maybe it was Totem of Tranquil Air, can't remember too well, was a while ago, but it was an air totem
    Last edited by Xotick; 2010-08-14 at 07:45 PM.

Do the talent trees have any changes? or is it just this new totem?

If I remember correctly, Totem of Tranquil Air was the one that reduced ranged damage wasn't it? Or was that Totem of Windwall or something or other? I forget.
    With a shape like that, and a cape like that, cc better cc me. Cuz them dots just keep on rollin, and you know red equals dead. So let them casters cast, cuz haste makes us too fast. And I ride out in Mimiron's Head.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffwhite View Post
    If I remember correctly, Totem of Tranquil Air was the one that reduced ranged damage wasn't it? Or was that Totem of Windwall or something or other? I forget.
    Tranquility Totem iirc, decreased threat by 30% of all allies within its reach.

I really figured it was going to be priests that got conc that kind of surprises me. Not a bad one for shaman to get at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffwhite View Post
    Totem of Tranquil Air was a 30% threat reduction for everyone in the group.
    Windwall Totem reduced damage taken from ranged attacks, just as Stoneskin used to do for melee attacks.
    Formerly known as Anaeradranax, Elemental Shaman of <The Nameless> US-Argent Dawn
    Formerly known as Fuzzytotems, Resto Shaman of <Bacon> US-Argent Dawn
    Former member of the Rawr Development Team

Glad it's water, since we don't have Cleansing Totem it makes sense. Gotta keep down Searing, Tremor, and Grounding in PvP. Tranquil Mind Totem as water makes the most logical sense, for those many PvPers like me.

So after posting a summary of class buff/debuffs and concluding that Shamans and Paladins bring way too many compared to say Druids or Priests, they decide to give Conc. Aura to Shamans.

I'm pretty sure Druids and Priests will be fine without it, but it really doesn't make any sense.

Will be kinda rubbish for PVP seeing mana is supposed to be a problem again and we have to sacrifice our water totem for it. (edit; for rshamans)

Quote Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
    So after posting a summary of class buff/debuffs and concluding that Shamans and Paladins bring way too many compared to say Druids or Priests, they decide to give Conc. Aura to Shamans.

I'm pretty sure Druids and Priests will be fine without it, but it really doesn't make any sense.
    Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that shaman have little to no reason to lay out totems at this point and it is only going to be worse in Cataclysm. Regardless of how much utility we might be able to bring, it only matters if that random other player doesn't show up with their 100 yard radius aura. It might also matter that we don't offer spiffy raid buffs like Gift and Fortitude.

Or more likely they decided to give it to the other 'stand and fire heals' healer since that makes sense... Regardless, Druids and Priests aren't and won't be hurting for invites anymore than Shaman and Paladins.