Is it possible to heal random heroics in 232 pvp gear?

Basically as the title says, would it be possible? would it be quite difficult? would you highly recomend 251 pvp gear?

Also, would it be better to gem for holy light or flash of light?

cheers

of course it's possible and the gems don't really matter. Heroics have been healed in blue quest gear

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    The difficulty depends on the tank imo. but it's doable even with both tank & healer in green / blue gear. maybe u just need to put a sheep every now and then or frosttrap kite. but heroics aren't difficult in 232 pvp gear at all

edit: if u have any clue about how to play it's not. if you DON'T know tho it may be hard no matter of the lvl of your gear

10+ Year Old Account
    "Yo Kenneth044, I hear ya' healed heroics with rare quality items back when the game was just released, and the tanks were only having 540 defense and 24k hp! Is that true?"
    "It sure is Bob!"
    "Wow, how is that even possible? I thought you needed a minimum of 5k gearscore to heal heroics? I guess I was wrong..."
    The goblin warrior, Gallywix!
    "And the Heavens shall tremble!"

My name is Kenneth044, and I'm an altoholic!

I've healed 10 ToGC to Anub in furious + other 232 gear back when ToC was top end, just depends if you know what you are doing.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Revolutions

BATTLEMASTER (After 3.3.5 nerf) REVOLUTIONS REPORTING IN.
    Wielder of The Scepter of Shifting Sands, Hand of Ragnaros, and Shadowmourne. Bringer of 66 minute kings.

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth044 View Post
    "Yo Kenneth044, I hear ya' healed heroics with rare quality items back when the game was just released, and the tanks were only having 540 defense and 24k hp! Is that true?"
    "It sure is Bob!"
    "Wow, how is that even possible? I thought you needed a minimum of 5k gearscore to heal heroics? I guess I was wrong..."
    This. Heroics were meant to gear up for raids, you don't need to raid to do heroics. Its the same stupidity of "link achev for so and so bosss to ever get in", you can't kill a boss because you can't get in but you can't get in because you haven't killed the boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes easily. I've healed all that the system will let me on my Paladin (meaning not the new dungeons - PoS etc) with green/blue none healing related gear.

Deleted
    I healed heroics in half tank gear, half blue healing gear on my paladin. Heroics are piece of cake if the tank/dps aren't also badly geared. They will probably flame you for your gear, but just ignore them

Simple.. Yes..

Im tanking in dps gear more or less.. You can heal in pvp gear.. Your manaregen aint as good.. But you should do juuust fine for a Random :P

Prevent HoR though..

You can easily heal heroics in entry-level blue gear. It's actually a lot more fun that way.

You will have a lot less mana to heal so you will need to be smarter with your heals but it would be doable. And, depending on the tank and the instance it could either be a nightmare or a walk in the park.

With pvp gear because of the low-mana, it would be much wiser to gem for FoL and use the best FoL pvp libram you can get your hands on (get a friend to do arena for points and get relentless one if you dont already)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sam1022 View Post
    Basically as the title says, would it be possible? would it be quite difficult? would you highly recomend 251 pvp gear?

Also, would it be better to gem for holy light or flash of light?

cheers
    Of course you can. Heroic dungeons (except Frozen Halls and possibly Trial of the Champion) were designed for characters carrying mostly 187 blues. In 232 gear you grossly outgear heroics. Even in PvP gear, heroics would be trivial content.

asking this kind of question i would say you cant do it.
    but because of skill and not the equipment.

"It sure is Bob!"
    24k hp? In the 1st few days after i hit 80 tanks had like 19k hp unbuffed and we managed to clear hc's pretty ez

Quote Originally Posted by Holypoo View Post
    The difficulty depends on the tank imo. but it's doable even with both tank & healer in green / blue gear. maybe u just need to put a sheep every now and then or frosttrap kite. but heroics aren't difficult in 232 pvp gear at all

edit: if u have any clue about how to play it's not. if you DON'T know tho it may be hard no matter of the lvl of your gear
    You don't need to do shit like this, I healed damn heroics in Naxx as Enhance still steamrolling them >>

"It sure is Bob!"
    24k? You had sweet gear. I started out under 18k.

@op: yes. Incredibly easily. Gem w/e you want to. If you don't suck it won't matter.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll View Post
    24k? You had sweet gear. I started out under 18k.

@op: yes. Incredibly easily. Gem w/e you want to. If you don't suck it won't matter.
    When I was gearing my protection paladin, I followed the "how to get def capped" guide that Tankspot had - and with Blessing of Sanc and other buffs ~24k was close to normal.
    The goblin warrior, Gallywix!
    "And the Heavens shall tremble!"

My name is Kenneth044, and I'm an altoholic!