Fire Pestilence!

From the latest PTR build:

Impact now has a 5/10% chance (up from 4/7%) to cause the next Fire Blast you cast to stun the target for 2 sec and spread any Fire damage over time effects to nearby enemy targets within 12 yards.
    I can imagine it now on fights like LK or Halion... Fireblast the boss with an Impact proc, getting 80k Ignites, Living Bomb and Pyroblast DoTs on ALL adds within 12 yards .... (valks/ghouls/spirits as well)

My head exploded.

/discuss

Yes quite amazing!

And instant flamestrike!?!?!?!?!

Auto-triggering flamestrike!?!?!?!?!

thank you god..err... blizzard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nemex View Post
    From the latest PTR build:

I can imagine it now on fights like LK or Halion... Fireblast the boss with an Impact proc, getting 80k Ignites, Living Bomb and Pyroblast DoTs on ALL adds within 12 yards .... (valks/ghouls/spirits as well)

My head exploded.

/discuss
    I can improve that by putting on the sequence -> Pyroblast -> Living Bomb -> Fireblast Proc -> COMBUSTION -> Fireball on the boss. How big the Ignite Dot will be? *_*

Spreading combustion would be insane, think it'll be kept in the list of spreadable effects?

Damn I wasnt even thinking of the PVE implications because fire blast has always been just something to press on the move and not a normal part of the rotation.

the only problem with it is that it isn't guaranteed to spread the dots, so without a certainty that it will spread them (unless I'm reading incorrectly the chance to proc is both the stun+spread) I don't think I would be casting it instead I could be refreshing LB/Fireblast/Blizzarding/etc

15+ Year Old Account
    fireball doesn't have a DoT, so you can't spread that. flashburn is no loner a separate DoT, just a DoT increase so you can't spread that. FFB has no DoT unless you glyph for it, but why would you as deep fire. the only DoTs there are to spread are ignite, pyroblast, and living bomb. i doubt they would let combustion be spread by the effect, but we shall see.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Anobix View Post
    the only problem with it is that it isn't guaranteed to spread the dots, so without a certainty that it will spread them (unless I'm reading incorrectly the chance to proc is both the stun+spread) I don't think I would be casting it instead I could be refreshing LB/Fireblast/Blizzarding/etc
    I think you might be misreading it. The 10% chance is on any damaging spell to proc the Impact buff; the Impact buff is then consumed when you cast Fireblast, both stunning the target and spreading your DoTs. This aspect is guaranteed. So the idea is that you still don't use Fireblast rotationally, but instead hold onto the buff for when it might be useful (it lasts 10 seconds).

Derp, thanks for the clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    I think you might be misreading it. The 10% chance is on any damaging spell to proc the Impact buff; the Impact buff is then consumed when you cast Fireblast, both stunning the target and spreading your DoTs. This aspect is guaranteed. So the idea is that you still don't use Fireblast rotationally, but instead hold onto the buff for when it might be useful (it lasts 10 seconds).

This is what I assumed, not sure it'll stick like that though as you could get all the pestilence effect for only have the points that could go into the talent. I'm thinking it'll later be changed to 50/100% chance to spread...... hope not though, don't think there is a huge choice at the moment for fire PvE builds.

Deleted
    Derp.
    The real question is, will this work with ALL fire DoTs? like those of other mages and warlocks..
    Immolate just hit your entire Ally raid. Conflag spam inc.

15+ Year Old Account
    umm, it may end up helping elemental shaman a great deal having flame shock on a shit ton of targets. it could go the way of pestilence not spreading spriest plagues after ulduar, so let's not ask for too much right away.
    BfA Beta Time

Living bomb on 10 mobs at once with a fireblast and one living bomb...yum
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe It's worded weirdly, or maybe I'm just bad at reading comprehension today, but does it mean that the 10% chance to stun also means a 10% chance for fire dots to spread as well? Or, is the 10% chance to stun, and a 100% chance for fire dots to spread?

If it's the former, than it seems extremely RNG and although it's really good, I'm just may not be be completely worth it. Unless fireblast has been buffed a bit.

Of course, it also looks like Fire mage's may want two spec's, one for single target fights, and one for multi targets/trash (with imp flamestrike, pyromania and impact).

15+ Year Old Account
    it means neither. the talent says that your fire spells have a 10% chance to make your next fireblast stun the target and spread DoTs. the 10% is on the proc, not on the subsequent effects.
    BfA Beta Time