Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Wrath of the Lich King Appreciation Thread

For 1 year and about 9 months ago was the first time ever that we could board a Alliance boat or a Horde zeppelin and travel to the snowy continent Northrend. We were all eager to take out a vengeance at the attacks the Lich King had sent over Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms and the dangerous new Plague that was spread over the continents before it finally was cured, and as we took our first steps into the cold land of the north did we have to fight for every square-meter from undead monsters and Vrykul in Borean Tundra and Howling Fjord. We learned about the human, dwarven and gnomish ancestry was a mutation called Curse of the Flesh, but didn't know the cause for the mutation until later.

We fought our way inland until we finally confronted the Lich King at Angrathar the Wrathgate in Dragonblight, during one of the most epic questlines ever made, where we was defeated after a quick spar with the Lord of the Scourge himself because the Royal Apothecary Society intervened and launched the New Plague of Undeath on both sides of the conflict, resulting in the retreat of the Lich King and the presumed deaths of Bolvar Fodragon and Dranosh Saurfang. After the epic Battle for Undercity did we try to conquer the rich resources in Grizzly Hills for our faction before venturing into the troll kingdom of Zul'Drak, which had literally turned into a Scourge breeding ground, and sabotage the activities for the Scourge so the Argent Crusade could get a stronger hold in the region.

After killing Overlord Drakuru and dismantle almost all Scourge activities in the region so were we called to the magical city of Dalaran that had been transported by the Kirin Tor from Hillsbrad Foothills to hover hundreds of meter over Crystalsong Forest and overlooking Icecown to the norht-east. After a quick break for setting a new inn location and cursing at the price-tag for Cold Weather Flying, so could we either fly to Sholazar Basin and learn about the basins rich wildlife due to the Titans, fly to Storms Peaks and help Brann Bronzebeard research the Titans interaction with the region and the massive complex of Ulduar, or start the invasion of Icecrown at the very edge of the zone and work the way further and further inside the zone until you are actually knocking on the very gate of Icecrown Citadel. But no faction is yet ready to start the breaching of the gates yet.

Instead was we needed to help in much more urgent matters that was happening on the continent, such as the breach under Wyrmrest Temple where a Black dragon and three Twilight drakes was guarding hundred, if not thousands, of Black Dragonflight eggs. There was also the threat of the floating fortress of Naxxramas that was hovering over Wintergarde Keep were our task was to breach it and kill the Lich Kings right hand, Kel'Thuzad. And at the same time as all this happened was the Kirin Tor in war against the Blue Dragonflight's patron Malygos.

When everything finally was settled and all forces could start focus on breaching the Citadel, so did Brann Bronzebeard make a huge discovery in Ulduar. A old god named Yogg-Saron had corrupted all it's jailors so it was controlling the whole Titan complex, but it was also slowly getting free from it's prison that Ulduar served as. Brann was asking for help that the Kirin Tor would grant then but the Alliance and the Horde gave no support due to disputes between the two factions and focused on the continued invasion of Icecrown instead. With our help could Brann and the Kirin Tor breach the gates of Ulduar and fight the Keepers until they regained their senses and with their help did we manage to kill Yogg-Saron.

Some time after the defeat of the God of A Thousand Maws did the Argent Crusade start build a coliseum at the northern edge of Icecrown for a tournament that would choose the strongest heroes to breach the citadel since if they would send to many so would the dead be raised as minions for the Lich King. The tournament was a success and the Argent Crusade and the Knights of the Ebon Blade merged to form a group called the Ashen Verdict to start the invasion of the citadel. After a months of fighting both inside and outside the citadel, and the Alliance against the Horde during a air combat, so did we finally meet the Lord of the Dead at the Frozen Throne together with Tirion Fordring.

After one of the hardest battles ever fought so did Tirion manage to smash Frostmourn into pieces and with the help of all the souls in the sword could we kill it's former wielder. With the physical form of the Lich King now dead was it nothing that could prevent the Scourge from go berserk except that someone else take the burden of being the new Lich King. Tirion was about to accept that fate, but a now undead Bolvar Fordragon stopped him. Killed by the New Plague but given life by the cleansing flames of the Red Dragonflight due to them burning everything at the Wrathgate had made Bolvar a burned body of what he used to be. He persuaded Tirion that he would take the burden as the Jailer of the Damned for all eternity by receiving the Helm of Damnation by Tirion, who left afterwards to spread the news that the Lich King is dead.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________ __________

I have loved this expansion since we first took the ships in late November 2008, but now is it soon time for Cataclysm and we will probably never return to Northrend with our mains unless for achievements or old raids. The phasing from WotLK content to Cataclysm have already begun with raids such at Ruby Sanctum.
    So here is a little list in no particular order of all the different things that I can come up with at the moment that was added in this expansion:

It have given us some of the most epic questlines in the game(Battle for Undercity, Death Knight starting area, almost all the quests in Icecrown and the later quests in in Storm Peaks for lore nerds like me).
    New fresh zones that have been wonderful to quest through.
    New dungeons that have been fun gearing up from.
    All the nice items that have been added.
    All the raids that was in this expansion, expect Trial of the Crusader which was one of the most boring raid created in my opinion, was very fun.
    All the new NPC's and monsters have been interesting to see and fight and almost all bosses have had a unique fight.
    Inscription was added and many professions was given some special items or enchants that only they could use.
    Four arena seasons have been active in this expansion and the PVP zone Wintergrasp was also added. Two new battlegrounds, Strand of the Acients and Isle of Conquest, was also added together with a lot of PvP gear.
    Talents have been added, changed, moved and removed from our trees.
    We got a new class, the Death Knight.
    Paladins was during 24 hours after the first 3.0.x patch the most powerful class ever in the game. Then came the big nerf :S
    There have been class nerfs, class buffs, talent tree nerfs, talent tree buffs and profession nerfs.
    There have been some good looking gear sets(T7, T8 & T10) and some that was... meh(T9).
    There have been achievements.
    There have been badges, marks and token for loot.
    There have been praise on the forums, crying on the forums, rage on the forums and trolling on the forums.
    And last but not least: The Lich King was very involved with the levelling experience so for me did it feel more like it really was this long and huge war that it's according to the lore. Never felt like that when I levelled in Outlands or Vanilla.

Overall so have I enjoyed this expansion very much and I hope that there are others out there that feels the same, so feel free to post what and why you have enjoyed this expansion

tl;dr edition: Tell why and what you liked with WotLK

Ulduar was the best raid in the history of ever

WotLK killed WoW imo because it made raiding too easy welfare epics wtf

10+ Year Old Account
    wotlk was awesome, nuff said
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

10+ Year Old Account
    Three words:

Ulduar

Music

Setbacks
    I reported lamb of log twice, once for having a slow car and once for trolling.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I liked WotLK. haters gonna hate, I guess...

Aye mate. I read that... and id do it again!

WotLK was indeed a great piece of 3D art... except for the recycled items.
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

That was good OP, but incredibly hard to read.....
    Aragornoth- 85 Ret Pally - Mannoroth - 346 Average Item Level

Quote Originally Posted by Omen321 View Post
    Ulduar was the best raid in the history of ever
    Quote Originally Posted by Retributious View Post
    WotLK killed WoW imo because it made raiding too easy welfare epics wtf
    these!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragornoth View Post
    That was good OP, but incredibly hard to read.....
    any suggestions? I can edit it quick to make it easier to the eye

WALL OF TEXT TOO POWERFUL...

There was nothing good about lk

end thread.

Actually, I found WotLK to be enjoyable. Nice expansion, but it was a tad stretched.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I loved WOTLK untill TOC, it made me quit. I havent seen ICC yet because I gave up on wow because TOC was a real joke. I plan to come back for cata.

I really enjoyed every zones, the quests were awesome and Ulduar was my fav raid.

There are some things that I didnt like tho :

TOC ...
    The war with Malygos was kinda bad..
    I didnt like the vehicle fights like WG, Island of conquest, Strand.., first boss in Ulduar.. I mean for quests its ok but for PVP and raids its awful in my opinion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Retributious View Post
    Actually, I found WotLK to be enjoyable. Nice expansion, but it was a tad stretched.
    I agree. Blizz could have skipped the Trial of the Crusader entirely in my opinion

10+ Year Old Account
    Vrykul were quite honestly the coolest thing we ever fought.

WotLK felt like the climax of WoW if you ask me. Everything afterwords is just gonna be stuff I don't really care about until we finally kill Sargeras and Kael'thas for the last time.

Also, the music.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    You're right. Blizzard shouldn't have temporarily banned you. They should have sent a couple employees to your residence to Jay and Silent Bob you.
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    I saved a man's life today by performing brain surgery and removing a tumor the size of a quarter from his frontal lobes. God damnit I wish I wasn't ignorant though, cause I have no idea what an LSAT is. I don't know the radius of the Moon either.
    I took part in the LSAT/Cataclysm release date thread.

Quote Originally Posted by mikena View Post
    these!
    *ponders this comment for a few minutes* .. lolwut? :P

I loved LK for many reasons. It let me raid with 9 people I like, without arbitrarily walling content off by making it require 14 people I don't like. The story involved a villain I was actually interested in. The gear didn't look like floating rocks and clown suits. The entire expansion wasn't purple.

Those are just a few of the reasons. I also really got a kick out of how involved the expansion's main villain was, instead of him just hanging out in Icecrown Citadel for the whole expansion, like Illidan did with BT.

Over all, a superior effort, imo. Especially when compared to the sub-par snoozefest that was TBC.
    Yeah We ALl do m8 guess again somting went frong well lets hope it will be fixed soon
    ...?

15+ Year Old Account
    Eh, I think they did toc because it toke hardly anything to make it,you just stay in 1 room, I would have enjoyed the vrykul/troll/an raid a lot better though:/

---------- Post added 2010-08-15 at 07:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nahte View Post
    Also, the music.
    You mean the big dragon that goes RAWR RAWWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nahte View Post
    Vrykul were quite honestly the coolest thing we ever fought.

WotLK felt like the climax of WoW if you ask me. Everything afterwords is just gonna be stuff I don't really care about until we finally kill Sargeras and Kael'thas for the last time.

Also, the music.
    Spoiler-Blizz's secret MMO project is Kael'thas' Pretty Pink Rainbow Adventure.

World of Warcraft was merely a setback.

OT: I'm a little biased since I hit 70 a few days before Wrath and didn't get to experience BC endgame, but I have overall liked WotLK. Blizz did go a little overboard making things easy, but that's okay, because they've learned from it.
    Last edited by Elovan; 2010-08-15 at 07:25 AM.