Deleted

[Q] Prot Trinkets

Long time reader, first time thread starter >.<

being my guilds paladin classleader i am quite fond with discussions about all speccs and various things but what gives me headaches lateley is the usage of Prot paladin trinkets.
    if i remember correctly all we wanted was :
    unidentifiable organ ( whatever version )
    sindragosa's flawless fang (same)
    corroded skeleton key (if none of the above)

now, there is a TON of paladins on my server and wherever that is using corpse tongue coin.
    i was battling and raging against it especially on my guilds paladin tanks for months.
    now i took a closer look at their rawr sheets and had to notice that corpse tongue coin is preferred over corroded skeleton key.
    could someone with more brain explain why that is and if by any chance i didnt told my guys complete crap for months ?

more in depth answers are much appreciated.

i don't prefer it... i dunno where that info came from.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rawr is terrible for tanks, it tells me to gem purely for defense among other reasons.

Skeleton Key/Unidentifiable Organ = win. Most people who use the Coin use it either because they can't clear PP or because they want to increase their gearscore.
    Last edited by Frumpy Frumpy Frak; 2010-08-15 at 08:22 AM.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

Organ isn't as good as you would think when you read the tooltip. On many fight, It'll drop off before reacing 10 stacks. On fights where it can stack to 10 and stay there it's amazing though. On my druid I use Skeleton Key and Organ, and on some fights I switch my organ for Black Heart.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhys View Post
    Rawr is terrible for tanks, it tells me to gem purely for defense among other reasons.

Skeleton Key/Unidentifiable Organ = win. Most people who use the Coin use it either because they can't clear PP or because they want to increase their gearscore.
    RAWR needs to be set up correctly. If you don't understand the models or don't have any idea on what e.g. a survival cap is, don't bother using it. It would be like tanking without knowing what Defense is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Deleted
    rawr is properly set up. all buffs and caps are put in there.
    it gives me stuff like gemming for agility and then corpse tongue coin as second BiS trinket for one of my paladin tanks who sockets only STA ingame

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elessa View Post
    Organ isn't as good as you would think when you read the tooltip. On many fight, It'll drop off before reacing 10 stacks. On fights where it can stack to 10 and stay there it's amazing though. On my druid I use Skeleton Key and Organ, and on some fights I switch my organ for Black Heart.
    I think I read somewhere that the Organ surpasses Satrina's Scarab in terms of EH after only 2 stacks.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lauryn View Post
    rawr is properly set up. all buffs and caps are put in there.
    it gives me stuff like gemming for agility and then corpse tongue coin as second BiS trinket for one of my paladin tanks who sockets only STA ingame
    Gemming for agility isn't as silly as you may think, someone on Elitest Jerks crunched the numbers and it turns out Agility is about 85% as effective as dodge, while also giving you armor and crit. As for Corpse tounge coin, not quite sure why any pally tank in their right mond would use it.

Unidentifiable organ is only any good for heavy physical fights like Festergut, and not even that great then because the stacks fall off between tanking.

---------- Post added 2010-08-15 at 09:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rhys View Post
    I think I read somewhere that the Organ surpasses Satrina's Scarab in terms of EH after only 2 stacks.
    That would only be on fights with almost pure physical damage, armor doesnt do jack against magic damage. Stamina will always be there for you though

10+ Year Old Account
    Well most fights do include a good amount of physical damage.

Deathwhisper P2, Sindragosa (barely) and Off tanking Lana'thel are the only ones that I can think of that don't.
    Last edited by Frumpy Frumpy Frak; 2010-08-15 at 11:22 AM.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

Dont look at the Organ as a stam trinket, its an armor trinket. The extra health is just a bonus. Same applies for Corroded Skeleton Key. You don't get it for the 6400 damage shield, you get it for the stam.

I use these four trinkets and swap according to what the fight calls for
    Glyph of Indomitability
    Unidentifiable Organ
    Sindragosa's Flawless Fang
    Corroded Skeleton Key

Deleted
    Juggernaut's Vitality (heroic at least) is better than CSK. Unless you'd sell a leg for more stamina.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thiras View Post
    Gemming for agility isn't as silly as you may think, someone on Elitest Jerks crunched the numbers and it turns out Agility is about 85% as effective as dodge, while also giving you armor and crit. As for Corpse tounge coin, not quite sure why any pally tank in their right mond would use it.
    yeah i know the math when it comes to why agility is superior to dodge and is p.good for us as tanking stat after stam+armor but what bugs me is that even with proper setup rawr gives me CTC as a good trinket with UO.
    look at it for yourselv if you wont mind.
    tank name is : taijay
    realm is : Nethersturm EU
    if you come across something thats weird let me know ( this is SOLELY about CTC as a trinket, dont comment his entchants and stuff please :/ )

myself is using UO and CSK in almost every encounter i tank mostly because i wasn able to get my hands on SFF yet.