Thread: CC in Cata?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

CC in Cata?

Call me a noob if you like but I'm hearing they're changing trash to where they must be CCed again I'm assuming like it was pre WotLK. I remember playing my Rogue during BC and never being able to find a group because of sap only working on humanoids. It got better after they changed that, but now we have the dungeon finder. My question is are they going to level the "playing field" on CC? Forgive me if I've missed something because I've never played these classes but what were to happen if a DK, Shadow Priest, Warlock or Warrior were the dps in the group? As far as I know aside from Warlock's Banish those classes have no CC. If you are unlucky enough to get 3 of those as your 3 dps that's not going to be a pleasant dungeon.

10+ Year Old Account
    cc will be needed for possibly 1 mob in some pulls

by patch 4.2 u wont need to give a damn

Yeah they said that CC will be required on some pulls, but it's not going to be nearly as necessary as TBC CC was. Also I've been reading a lot of info that says that in BRC if you're groups pretty much full 277 then CC isn't that important, but for people still in their 264 and 251's it'll be necessary on some pulls and it'll be even more strict for newbies coming in Northrend greens and blues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eltrollo View Post
    cc will be needed for possibly 1 mob in some pulls

by patch 4.2 u wont need to give a damn
    Well that's because of outgearing instances but we'll see how they utilise it in raids, when you run that at the appropriate tier level that is.

Hopefully we'll see more elements of it and not just aoeing every single trash pack. Vexaz's trash was quite promising in Wotlk. When I first ran that in 3.1 we had to CC some of it. Definatly made the game feel more deadly, hopefully they'll learn from that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    Well that's because of outgearing instances but we'll see how they utilise it in raids, when you run that at the appropriate tier level that is.

Hopefully we'll see more elements of it and not just aoeing every single trash pack. Vexaz's trash was quite promising in Wotlk. When I first ran that in 3.1 we had to CC some of it. Definatly made the game feel more deadly, hopefully they'll learn from that
    as long as they dont over do it like in tbc 5 mans

really needing 3 mages to nmake an instance faceroll sucks
    packs of 6+ no more it made cookie cutter groups required and gave a false sense of difficulty

packs of 6+ no more it made cookie cutter groups required and gave a false sense of difficulty
    Really, more classes have gained cc abilities since TBC, and even back then a proper shaman, priest or pretty much any class could cc quite well in other ways than sheep and forget.

Quote Originally Posted by lespaul5895 View Post
    Call me a noob if you like but I'm hearing they're changing trash to where they must be CCed again I'm assuming like it was pre WotLK. I remember playing my Rogue during BC and never being able to find a group because of sap only working on humanoids. It got better after they changed that, but now we have the dungeon finder. My question is are they going to level the "playing field" on CC? Forgive me if I've missed something because I've never played these classes but what were to happen if a DK, Shadow Priest, Warlock or Warrior were the dps in the group? As far as I know aside from Warlock's Banish those classes have no CC. If you are unlucky enough to get 3 of those as your 3 dps that's not going to be a pleasant dungeon.
    warlock can enslave/seduce/banish.. priest can MC.. warrior.... ummm.. can off tank somthing? lol
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

Anyway OP talking about dungeons is one thing. You will probably need CC for some of the packs and when you outgear em by a good amount it wont be needed anymore.

But i do hope they keep it for raids even if you out gear it a bit. The difficulity of raids needs to get higher.

But they shouldnt overdo it like in TBC, and i heard it is as of now only warriors who doesnt got a cc ability. They do got interrupt tho, and im guessing some things is a niche for some classes and some got another thing. Not every class needs to be the same do the same..

10+ Year Old Account
    Warlocks will have Banish for demons and ele and succy for humanoids, fear for rest minus undead (assuming its safe to fear).
    Priests have shackle for undead, MC for humanoids, and aoe fear.
    Shamans are getting a new spell called Bind Elemental if I remember correctly. It CCs eles.
    DKs have CoI for ghetto roots and and AoE ice trap in Frost tree.
    Rumor has it Warriors will have their AoE fear changed to a single target horror type of effect that lasts for 40s or so. It'll be similar to Ret's Repentance.

Basically every class in the game will have some sort of CC in Cata.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Anyone on the beta will tell you cc is extremely important. Just try doing the throne of the tides passageway where you get 2 healers 2 melee and then 20-30s later another wave of 2 healers 2 melee. You don't CC you wipe even if you have T10 gear. Better get practising. The healers heal for about 30% HP so there is no way you can AoE them Down as it has been nerfed as well. Bring on a challenge loving the instances in cata beta so much better than the ones in everything since Strat, scholo and Ubrs.

what were to happen if a DK, Shadow Priest, Warlock or Warrior were the dps in the group?
    I can banish, seduce, and in some cases fear to control mobs. All at the same time. Previously I've been able to CC five targets at once. We are fine for groups, focus your worry on the melee.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

i expect it to be used somewhere around when the 3 ICC 5 mans had just came out. you were heavily advised to use CC for around 4 particularly difficult pulls, and the rest were just harder than your average trash or instance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Don't forget hex for shamans aswell =)

Daffy101 from reading your post here i get even more excited about the cataclysm release, WoW is so dull now. Bring on the CC again ^^ Challenge is fun aslong as it isnt impossible and by that i mean a truck who just mack down everything it hits!... Almost anything is beatable

I remember quitting during TBC because of the dungeons and never finding a group on my rogue. I've since switched my main to a Prot Pally and then to a Resto Shammy so it's not such a big deal anymore when taken in combination with the dungeon finder. I'm just concerned about getting groups without CC and failing. I'm hoping that they don't make it as CC intense as TBC.

Im guessing, that it will be less CC intense than TBC atleast for the dungeons. It has to be for the current DungeonTool makes it so that you dont get placed with someone who CC good, you get placed with randoms. But in raids i would like to see it as a feature since you will bring your own crew which you can inspect and handpick by urself=)ow and dont forget the numbers 10 or 25.

What's with you people saying rogues weren't wanted for TBC 5man heroics? Besides mages, rogues were the top wanted dps class. (On my realm and in my experience at least.)

Deleted
    I hope you will be forced to use cc or you will be rofloneshotted on every trash group .

BC Dungeons/Heroics/Raids were perfect in terms of CC. Honestly, I don't see how you can complain about them. In terms of content difficulty, WotLK was a joke outside of the various Hard Modes. Instances are supposed to be challenging at every point in an expansion. I shouldn't be able to walk in and faceroll an instance without some challenge. At the moment, we have 10-15 minute AOE clears of the WotLK content. In BC, people still had difficulty in clearing Shattered Halls, Arcatraz, Shadow Labs, et cetera.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    BC Dungeons/Heroics/Raids were perfect in terms of CC. Honestly, I don't see how you can complain about them. In terms of content difficulty, WotLK was a joke outside of the various Hard Modes. Instances are supposed to be challenging at every point in an expansion. I shouldn't be able to walk in and faceroll an instance without some challenge. At the moment, we have 10-15 minute AOE clears of the WotLK content. In BC, people still had difficulty in clearing Shattered Halls, Arcatraz, Shadow Labs, et cetera.
    Don't mention Arcatraz. Nothing ever went well for me in there

Shattered Halls, Magister's Terrace, Shadow Labs, Steam Vaults were all good challenging instances

Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    Don't mention Arcatraz. Nothing ever went well for me in there

Shattered Halls, Magister's Terrace, Shadow Labs, Steam Vaults were all good challenging instances
    That's my point. I want a challenging instance and not some faceroll dungeon that any idiot can do.