Page 1 of 3
LastLast

OS3D Drake - Buying it - whats it worth?

Alright.. been running OS3D for months and i have NEVER won it. I'm at the point in time where Mount O' Mounts is close and i want to save my time for other things so i'm considering buying it.

What is a fair price to pay people for a "reserved" mount? Should i offer to pay a guild X amount of gold or should i just hit /2 offering xxx gold for DPS/Tank OS3d drake reserved? will people freakout or is there a decent amount of gold that decent DPS would join and pay for?

I would do it with my guild, but too many of us are on mountain o mounts as well lol.. I figure the rumors of this being nerfed post cata mean i should just freaking get this out of the way

25 or 10? I bought my 25 for 15k was worth it.

Just say you will pay them 1k if the mount drop, problem solved

People bid from 1-5k.

Won my black drake on accident with a 100.

And......came by my twilight drake through other means.

My guildie gave me the Twilight drake for free but I tipped him 500g and as for the Black Drake, i still need it, I'd pay around 1.5k or I'll ninja it when I get 99/100 mounts (90 ATM).

10+ Year Old Account
    10m one is worth little, 25 maybe 5k at most. they both can be puged quit easy on my server not sure about others.

yeah, i put it all the time, but never win.. i've organised about 17 so far.. even did it with guildies a few times and i lost by rolling a 90 when the winnin bid was 91.. just figured i'd ping the community to see what others have paid.. gold comes easy.. my time for this mount is getting slim.. thx

imo its a perfect kind of run to introduce ppl to GDKP, different people will want the mount to varying levels, so let the person willing to bid more get it. =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Not much really, but then again I won both the 10 and 25 man drakes by luck

I paid 2500 gold for mine

Someone else won and i offered him 2k, he said 2.5 and i had a deal so why not :P

I won both on my alt within an hour, some guy offered me 500g, I lol'd.

I paid 8,000G for the 25 man drake in an auction group. I ended up running VoA25 the next day and winning the Grand War Mammoth and selling it for 8,000G despite already having it.
    You face not Malchezaar alone, but the legions he commands.

Deleted
    Edit: Misread OP.
    Last edited by mmoc3182fef16d; 2010-08-16 at 12:10 PM.

ive won both with rolls on my war at start of xpac, never use them and probs never will. dont think the yare really worth paying for.

black drake would be epic to ride at a higher poly count and 310% though

Quote Originally Posted by blahism View Post
    yeah, i put it all the time, but never win.. i've organised about 17 so far.. even did it with guildies a few times and i lost by rolling a 90 when the winnin bid was 91.. just figured i'd ping the community to see what others have paid.. gold comes easy.. my time for this mount is getting slim.. thx
    I did the same, in the ended pugged it with trade and bought it.

It's not getting removed, take your time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eltrollo View Post
    [/COLOR]

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronicle View Post
    It's not getting removed, take your time.
    No but it will more than likely be made a rare drop making it far more difficult to obtain.

Make a group with your guild, since they want the mount also, and do a few runs untill everyone got it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dont buy it, itll never be removed so in like cata you can 5 man 10 man or 25 , ive got the worst ever RNG luck its almost legendary ( 150+ runs in ZG, 300+ runs in strat etc) and i got it on like my 7th run, there is no need to buy it, its not worth what youll pay, i won it always wanting it and i use my violet proto now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugsy View Post
    10m one is worth little, 25 maybe 5k at most. they both can be puged quit easy on my server not sure about others.
    The problem is, that you have 4% chance every week of getting it (since in an os3d pug it's guaranteed that everyone wants the drake).
    After 25 weeks the probability for you to get the drake is 64%. And that's half a year!
    After 73 weeks you pass the 95% threshold.

That thing is really hard to get by pure luck.