Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

I hate Ruby Sanctum!

Ok, time to vent alittle.

I hate RS! Or rather i hate all the retards that try to do it. I still have not killed Halion since RS opend, mostly because my guild has been on a summerbreak and people are returning now but not a singel pug has been successful in killing him yet. People say that they know the tactics for it and they all go "hurry up pull pull gogogogog" but as soon as you get to phase 2 and the laserbeam activates 5 people drops dead at once....EVERYTIME!

Do people really think that it won't show that they are clueless during the fight? Or do they simply think that everyone else will carry them throug it?

Now before you go "You'r one to talk, u havn't killed him either" I have watched the videos, read the tactics and learnd from tiral and error wtf to do.

Thx for reading and all the spelling misstakes are on the house.
    Quote Originally Posted by addictedtotoads
    also i vote that warriors have a 10% chance to trip while charging and roll until you hit a wall or fall off a cliff!

I love how people think that RS is some cakewalk because several high end guilds downed him on heroic on the day of release. Good guild makes tough fights look easy.

Yeah, the twilight phase is a healing disaster, but that isn't what kills pugs. If you don't have raid awareness, you won't get through that zone. I've only been in one pug that has ever downed him, which was full of people that I know the rep of and knew they could handle it. With your head up, your eyes open, and with coordination, RS can be easily cleared. Just Armory anybody who decide to pug with. You will find two types of people:

Type #1) People who say "Yes, I know the fight!" and you see that they have not only not completed it, but obviously don't know anything about end game raiding. RS IS considered end game raiding. One person dying can completely ruin the raid because it revolves around balance. "Knowing the fight" doesn't mean they saw the heroic vids released on the first day and think the fight is easy.

Type #2) People who say "Yes, I know the fight!" and you actually see that achievement, as well as others to show that they actually know what they are doing.

Form a pug yourself and just screen the people you invite. You'll find the fight a lot easier. Taking 15 seconds to look at somebody's Armory, achievements, and more importantly in my book, their gems, enchants, and spec, go a long way in determining if a person can hold their own and that will lead to a successful RS group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Idiots pug everything, not just RS. People don't horribly outgear it yet. Do you not remember how many bads got hit by the lava waves in OS when not only does DBM shout it, raid leaders would call out which side and give the raid the max camera distance macro. There is a reason my poor alts only get to go on guild alt runs.

People think they do 6k dps and thats enough, but thats in ICC with the 30% buff. in pugs outside ICC im ALWAYS top dps, inside im top3.
    The 30% buff helps with stam, healing, dmg and makes bosses easier cuz you can eat certain dmg, heal through it or even burst trough a certain fase.
    you can skip tactics in other words.
    Halion is (not sure tho) tuned for 264/251 mix of gear, and theres no way you can outgear it with pugs, also it has HARD tactics (with hard i mean, hit object A = you die) you cannot heal through the beams.

Ok this is how you do RS RIGHT.
    First get your group THEN take to SWP do the first boss ONLY anyone who dies kick their butt out Anyone who lives take to ruby sanctum.

Im pretty sure Blizzard designed this dungeon to be a challenge til the expansion. So I doubt alot of guilds will do it, least not on heroic.

I've been pug'ing RS for a few weeks now with the same raid leader... Takes about an hour to create the raid, but we usually one or two shots it, since he makes sure that everyone got the achievement, the gear, and a clue

Quote Originally Posted by Davhorn View Post
    Ok, time to vent alittle.

I hate RS! Or rather i hate all the retards that try to do it. I still have not killed Halion since RS opend, mostly because my guild has been on a summerbreak and people are returning now but not a singel pug has been successful in killing him yet. People say that they know the tactics for it and they all go "hurry up pull pull gogogogog" but as soon as you get to phase 2 and the laserbeam activates 5 people drops dead at once....EVERYTIME!

Do people really think that it won't show that they are clueless during the fight? Or do they simply think that everyone else will carry them throug it?

Now before you go "You'r one to talk, u havn't killed him either" I have watched the videos, read the tactics and learnd from tiral and error wtf to do.

Thx for reading and all the spelling misstakes are on the house.
    Your Signature scares me O.o but the guy below you said it best.

If you make a raid get people you know that can handle it as well as armory them for their achievements and such you should have a good team.

Quote Originally Posted by Altus View Post
    Ok this is how you do RS RIGHT.
    First get your group THEN take to SWP do the first boss ONLY anyone who dies kick their butt out Anyone who lives take to ruby sanctum.
    Why the first boss of SWP is because it has a similair mechanic if you can down felmyst you got yourself a damn leet group.

Side note when was the last time you heard someone say leet?

15+ Year Old Account
    I found halion to be to easy on normal 25 considering my guild downed him on our first try ever. After a few weeks we decided to try hard mode 25. failed first week we tried of about 40 attempts in that week. Second week on our 10th or so attempt we downed him. I would say we got a bit lucky in rng at the end healers not having to run out as much for debuffs etc but still a hard boss. killed him 2nd time this week so luckliy it wasn't a fluke

It seems normal mode was just made to be pugged with a decent enough group and hard mode was made for omg insane.

in case u wanna go lies u didnt down h halion

http://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/...d/rating.rs_25

from experience i can say h halion is just barely below difficulty of h lk 25

and normal halion is by far a much much much easier fight then normal lk 25 by a lot.

Though halion can be harder if one melee parry destroys the tank in shadow realm if each melee doesn't move perfectly
    Last edited by sluggs; 2010-08-16 at 02:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool Story Bro.
    I reported lamb of log twice, once for having a slow car and once for trolling.

Tbh, for me, the guy that does the splitting > Halion. AT least on normal. Seriously, this mini-boss as a melee is so ridiculously shit, it's hard to describe. You spend 80% of the time away from other people trying to drop your stacking debuff and when you're finally clear, he either randomly turns and cleaves your ass to kingdom come or starts his Whirlwind type attack which equals either KO or another need to run away.

Fun boss Blizzard, fun boss.

credits: Supernerd

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by niteline View Post
    People think they do 6k dps and thats enough, but thats in ICC with the 30% buff. in pugs outside ICC im ALWAYS top dps, inside im top3.
    The 30% buff helps with stam, healing, dmg and makes bosses easier cuz you can eat certain dmg, heal through it or even burst trough a certain fase.
    you can skip tactics in other words.
    Halion is (not sure tho) tuned for 264/251 mix of gear, and theres no way you can outgear it with pugs, also it has HARD tactics (with hard i mean, hit object A = you die) you cannot heal through the beams.
    Halion is tuned for 245 gear,every tier should be able to kill content 1 step up.nax->uld->toc->icc
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    On my server, Fizzcrank, RS has the nickname "The Pug Killer" because people always try to pug it and they're lucky to clear the trash, let alone the mini-bosses, and EVERY group that's gotten to Halion has died on P2 due to the beams. I think only 4 guilds on the whole server have downed him, as well. Everyone else just struggles with P2 until the guild gets tired/pug disbands.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. Problem is it's not a very compelling instance. Done it a few times on 25 and tried it once on heroic for 10m. The trash really drags and actual fight goes out of its way more to be annoying than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Well, considering the amount of guilds who cleared RS10 normal is somewhere in the area of guilds who did VDW / BQL on 10 man HM with the 30% buff it doesn't seem to be all that easy after all.

RS10 HM is equivalent to LK10man HM with 30% buff in the amount of guilds who have killed it. (2.5%, 1500 guilds)

Nothing you do with a half-arsed PuG indeed.
    LOL Halion 10 heroic is no where NEAR equivalent to 10 heroic LK, even with 30% buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

I did RS10 in a PUG recently and I didn't think it was really that hard. Yes, it does take some execution to pull it off but the mechanics really aren't very hard. The group had a couple from the same guild and it seemed like a couple people from other guilds that had done it with them before but still had a couple people who had never done it before. It took 5 or 6 tries to down him but that was mainly due to stupid little mistakes rather than major issues with people not being able to follow the mechanics.

I'd say Halion is much easier than LK in my experience.

I had a group that was supposed to be doing Heroic 10 man, and everyone said they knew the fight. We did not go over any specifics for anyone (assignments, positions, rotation cycles, etc). We proceeded to wipe about 3 times, then went to normal mode. We also proceeded to wipe a few more times, with the same people dying to the same stuff. A tank got hit by the beam about 3 times, and everyone blamed the healers for not keeping him up. Some people sat on the dragon with the debuff and blamed the healers for not cleansing when it hit the entire raid for 25k.

We didn't kill him. pugs are pro. (Everyone was 5.8-6k GS, true story, and yes, it is cool bro)

10 heroic and 25 reg are pugged on most progressed servers, and done in gdkp on many others...

Try to not get a group of truely randoms, go with people you know or have a guild tag you respect. This isn't always the answer, but it is better than blindly finding 9 people.

The hardest part is getting dps to stop facerolling when you ask them to, as far as cutter just mark someone reliable and put all the pressure on them to be in the right spot

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot1291 View Post
    LOL Halion 10 heroic is no where NEAR equivalent to 10 heroic LK, even with 30% buff.
    Halion 10 heroic is easy
    LK 10 heroic is easy?

i see no problem? ( exept that p1 is a nightmare on LK then its just "oh hey guys i gotta brb 1 min" )
    Ex-Ensidia & Clarity-Twisting Nether member.