Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Normal is fairly easy, in our realm we have several 25m weekly pugs clearing it from week 0.

Now, the heroic one ... that was 4-hour fun even on 10m.

Ruby Sanctum has become a total fail in my eyes, almost nobody is doing it and why should they? Why not waiting till Cataclysm, level + gearing up fast and do it again? easy mode

Lol u should see people pug Malygos, drakes are a disaster...

it's definitely a dramatic jump from what we're comfortable with. I think there needs to be some more encouragement to make sure people keep trying it (my server gave up pugging it entirely. sad.) because we need all the practice we can get on difficult encounters again, we've gotten too cozy with stuff like heroic nexus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Normal mode is stupid easy and not worth discussing.

Heroic Halion10 is fairly difficult, but it's only difficult because there is absolutely zero room for error. If one person fucks up, it's usually a wipe. Battle rezes are reduced in effectiveness due to bodies teleporting to the physical realm. Every dispel has to be absolutely perfect.

It took us over 3 weeks to finally get an attempt where nobody screwed up and score a kill. I personally found this fight to be very easy on heroic as the main tank & twilight realm tank, but it took us weeks because some people are slow/laggy/make bad decisions. You are only as good as your weakest link on this fight. And the RNG (healer getting void zones 3 times in a row) doesn't help.

I really enjoy the tanking/turning situation for the Twilight realm. I would have really enjoyed this fight if I didn't need to wipe repeatedly for a month due to dummies.

read the title and i totaly agree. worst instance ever

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    I hate the trash/mini bosses is all
    I actually enjoy the trash because it isn't mindless aoe'ing for a change in this expansion. I think there's a little too much of it, but it's much more enjoyable overall. Hopefully cataclysm raids will be designed similarly.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't mind the instance all that much to be honest. It's a small filler raid that gives insight as to what will occur in the expansion in regards to lore. As far as the fights go, the trash isn't overly challenging, but it does require focus firing down certain mobs at the beginning of the pulls. That's a good thing. Having variety in trash packs beats doing the same thing over and over again since the beginning of wrath in heroics. Halion is a good idiot check, and isn't terribly difficult to beat once the basic mechanics are down. It's more of a coordination check if nothing else.

I've yet to do the heroic version on either difficulty, but it isn't exactly terrible for a normal mode fight. Heroic seems difficult on 25 which is good considering how many of the fights in ICC are trivialized by a buff that shouldn't of been implemented to begin with.

It's just not a pug friendly fight, with a guild run and vent to coordinate it it is much less difficult than LK purely because defile can fall in an unlucky place at the same time as a valk etc.

The trash is annoying and even in guild runs the "recount junkies" always die. Warriors I'm looking at you....

getting people to not get cut by the beam and to slow down on DPS is what makes PUGs fail. On EU Aszune I have not seen any PUG being asked for or arranged since the first week it was out.

The loot is also pretty crappy so decent(ish) guilds that have cleared ICC10/25 even with only a few HM kills will need very little from in there.

trial and error is my usual method of learning to.

we wipe 3 times, it was everyone's fault
    by the 4th time I've got every mechanic down, but we still wipe because 9/10 people are still morons
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Halion isn't hard - it's the damn pug groups that make it hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    Idiots pug everything, not just RS. People don't horribly outgear it yet. Do you not remember how many bads got hit by the lava waves in OS when not only does DBM shout it, raid leaders would call out which side and give the raid the max camera distance macro. There is a reason my poor alts only get to go on guild alt runs.
    You can't really outgear RS, however. In order for an RS to be successful, the tank has to know what he is doing to kite with the laser beams, the healers have to know what they are doing so they know exactly when to cleanse the debuffs and use their CDs, and the DPS all have to know what THEY are doing so they can run out for the debuffs at the right times. The lasers cannot be outhealed anymore than Mimiron's laser or rocket barrage can be, with the difference there that that's been out forever, and RS is a lot newera nd not run as much. That said, normal mode is pretty pedestrian. Heroic mode is a pretty intense bitch, however, simply due to ridonculous tank damage.

Not gunna lie i have never attempted RS =( My guild fell apart after we killed LK10 about 3 months ago and i haven't found a new one since i work strange hours now. The thought of pugging RS makes me shudder. I need to get around to doing it just for the experience since it's the only raid i haven't done this expansion =/

I dont.
    Quote Originally Posted by xannax2780 View Post
    It's called balancing.
    Maybe you should try balancing the large cup of QQ in your left hand with a big mug of STFU in your right.
    Just sayn'

Deleted
    Pugging RS is asking for trouble. There are so many things to die to, it's unbelievable. In guild it's a great fight tbh.