Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bateman View Post
    Did you seriously just make a complete reverse on your opinion of those talents because a warlock main forum troll told you they weren't? really? Are you that weak?
    /sigh, no, i was merely bringing up a different viewpoint to show that i am not biased or narrowminded. i still think the totem talents should be scrapped personally.

someone somewhere will ALWAYS be QQing about ANY spec you pick. get used to it. there's normally not a good reason - people are just whiners by nature. "we're the only spec/class that ________" is such a common line it's basically a meme.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

15+ Year Old Account
    Glyphs are poor way to fix things, even GC admitted it himself.A class is inherently flawed if it needs a glyph to fix everything shitty about it.
    Yet amazingly I would still use every glyph slot I have to make 2h viable.

Its not that we're scared of change.We're disappointed with lack of change, stagnation.
    That's pretty much my impression too. Have been thinking about re-rolling shaman for cata, but the lack of anything major going on with the class scares me. It reminds me all too much of how warriors was handled during the wotlk beta (which ended up horribly).

Shaman have complained all expansion about their low DPS, but their DPS is no where NEAR as low as Shadow Priests were during a vast majority of TBC, were recount looked something like this:

Other DPS: ----------------------
    Shadow Priests: ----------
    Tanks: -------

But seriously, it's just numbers, and they're reworking all the numbers anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    Shaman have complained all expansion about their low DPS, but their DPS is no where NEAR as low as Shadow Priests were during a vast majority of TBC, were recount looked something like this:

Other DPS: ----------------------
    Shadow Priests: ----------
    Tanks: -------

But seriously, it's just numbers, and they're reworking all the numbers anyway.
    This thread isn't about shadow priests, let alone shadow priests 3 years ago.Stop trying to divert attention away from the real issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagdar View Post
    As Ghostcrawler said : Enh shaman' dps was lacking during the entire WotLK content, but still they managed to be everywhere. Si Enh shaman was a lot fun to play, and in Cata i think enh will be a lot better.

As for shamans rerolling, i think most of them were elem for the easy dps of it and are just checking at all the non existent cool spells elem will not be getting and they are sad.

As for resto, i dunno, we don't really get something new, but we kinda were (i think) the dominating healers in pve for WotLK.
    my friend do u know what healing rain is?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by durza View Post
    my friend do u know what healing rain is?
    Yea i know what it is, it's an aoe healing. having a 10 yrs radius, it will heal everybody within it. It's a 25 man spell mostly, using it on melee for maximum effectiveness. Cuz chain heal spamming didn't do the job right. And range dps never stay in packs usually. As for 10 man, clearly will heal more than the already 2 melee/2 tanks that the 4 targets CH didn't covered already. And range in 10 man being even more spread out that 25 mans.

Yea Healing Rain, the description text should be : cast it where there is a hugh bunch of ppl, and hope they don't have to move out of it.

Don't get me wrong, i like the spell, because it will be the real first aoe healing we get.
    Last edited by Kagdar; 2010-08-16 at 08:30 AM.

As Ghostcrawler said : Enh shaman' dps was lacking during the entire WotLK content, but still they managed to be everywhere.
    I seriously can't believe this. On my Enhancement Shaman I'm often in top 5 in 25 mans and I outdps DKs/Mages with over 300 GS more than me (yeah I know, GS sucks etc etc. but I just used it as an indication of gear differences), and I have bad weapons aswell which drags my DPS down quite a bit. So either I'm too awesome for this class, everyone else I play with is bad or other classes DPS skyrockets after 6k GS (I still know GS = shit, and I do hate it like the plague).

Maybe Enhancement sucked before ICC, but I have no problems with DPS now atleast.

Quote Originally Posted by Promere-Icecrown View Post
    Honestly, I love the people that complain about the changes, saying that they are going to lose their raid spot because they were only brought for their Buffs. That just means YOU are bad. Not once have I ever had a problem keeping up DPS wise with other Pure DPS Classes (As Enhancement Btw). In truth, this will make things how they should be, You should be brought to a raid because your good, not because you have the all powerful buff that everyone wants.
    I haven't played the beta so I don't know how things will ultimately effect us. That said, I do have a couple of comments on what you said above regarding DPS:

Our DPS is too low. I remember a putricide fight (which wiped) where I had about 60% of that of the top DPS guys. Thats really unbalanced and could seriously effect whether a class is brought along. The RL even kicked someone from the fight who had lower DPS then me. In the beginning of ICC, the RL's for pugs would often ask for a DPS breakdown after the trash before Marrowgar and kick those with low DPS.

From an enhancement POW, melee classes are always the first to fill up in a pug. Next are ranged/healers and lastly tanks. I got the odd invite where they were looking for a Shammy healer or shammy DPS (obviously for hero) but those were really few and far in between. I would put it on the same as raids looking for a tank (pref pally), ranged (pref mage), etc because of their buffs.

I don't have time for a progression guild so pugs are where I have to get my raid time. Unfortunately, for us, DPS does make a difference.

Probably one other change I would make is to try and structure the fights around the player base. There seem to be a lot more melee players then ranged, perhaps the fights could try and shift the requirements slightly in that area.

Ele Shamans are fine, lack of gear options means alot of ppl are picking up mp5 and looking at their GS instead of their stats. Keep levelling it mate, read guides, L2chain cast and you'll be fine. It's not all bollocks, the totems are annoying but hey thats just part of it. If you know what ure doing you'll be in top 5 DPS, depending of course how many Shadowmournes your guild has >=(

Quote Originally Posted by kiliaan View Post
    They haven't added glyphs in yet which could and should change/help your gameplay immensely. They're changing nearly entire sections of class mechanics with every new beta patch, and for anyone who's complaining about being low DPS, stop being bad.
    Perhaps you missed the part when bliz said that the shamans were very close to being finished? My guess is that is why there is so much QQ'ing.
    Last edited by Gray_Matter; 2010-08-16 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slazky View Post
    I seriously can't believe this. On my Enhancement Shaman I'm often in top 5 in 25 mans and I outdps DKs/Mages with over 300 GS more than me (yeah I know, GS sucks etc etc. but I just used it as an indication of gear differences), and I have bad weapons aswell which drags my DPS down quite a bit. So either I'm too awesome for this class, everyone else I play with is bad or other classes DPS skyrockets after 6k GS (I still know GS = shit, and I do hate it like the plague).

Maybe Enhancement sucked before ICC, but I have no problems with DPS now atleast.
    The mages you are comparing to must be really bad , even though I agree enhancement dps isn't that low but if you are outdpsing a mage then the mage havea problem.

RE: Enhancement -

I think a lot of people are frightened.

First, Enhancement is a rare spec. At least on the server on which I play, raid guilds will have at most 1; some have zero. Those of us who raid competitively form a small informal club. We know each other. We talk.

Enhancement DPS is low on specific fights, yes. We make up for it on many others. There are some classes that are stars on every fight and some raid leaders like to pretend they're Paragon and min/max when it's not necessary by essentially stacking the current "star" specs.

My experience with Enhancement, both from playing it for 2 years and being one of the few who do, is that most people shy away from the spec because there is a very wide variance gap between top-tier Enhance players and bads. Since bads make up the majority of the playing pool, the voice you here in game and on the boards is probably from a bad who whines that his DPS isn't good enough. If he were a serious Wrath raider he would have known that at every tier of raiding, good Enhancement came out in the top 3 on 25 meters on several encounters. What more do you want?

Cataclysm is making a complex rotation even more complex. Searing Flames is a new mechanic to juggle - another 5 count to keep track of and this time it's on a target (oh no!). We now have yet another CD ability (Unleash Weapon). We now have to make a choice betwen LB and LvB. These are intimidating factors particularly for a player who's already overwhelmed by the spec. It's much easier to reroll something with simpler gameplay because the climb to the top is less steep. I enjoy the challenge, personally. And I love being one of only literally 5 raid-worthy Enhancement shamans on my server.

I love my elemental shaman, im going to play him as my main in cataclysm instead of an alt. I don't see what the problem is =/
    Geeza aka Parilla

I don't think peopel are QQ'ing and rerolling because of the changes, I think people are doing this because of the lack of changes. Compared to every other class, the changes Shaman have received to modify their game play is lacking. For example, Elemental still revolves around LB spam, Enhance still revolves around RNG, and resto still revolves around Chain heal spam.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TecPontificates View Post
    RE: Enhancement -

I think a lot of people are frightened.

First, Enhancement is a rare spec. At least on the server on which I play, raid guilds will have at most 1; some have zero. Those of us who raid competitively form a small informal club. We know each other. We talk.

Enhancement DPS is low on specific fights, yes. We make up for it on many others. There are some classes that are stars on every fight and some raid leaders like to pretend they're Paragon and min/max when it's not necessary by essentially stacking the current "star" specs.

My experience with Enhancement, both from playing it for 2 years and being one of the few who do, is that most people shy away from the spec because there is a very wide variance gap between top-tier Enhance players and bads. Since bads make up the majority of the playing pool, the voice you here in game and on the boards is probably from a bad who whines that his DPS isn't good enough. If he were a serious Wrath raider he would have known that at every tier of raiding, good Enhancement came out in the top 3 on 25 meters on several encounters. What more do you want?

Cataclysm is making a complex rotation even more complex. Searing Flames is a new mechanic to juggle - another 5 count to keep track of and this time it's on a target (oh no!). We now have yet another CD ability (Unleash Weapon). We now have to make a choice betwen LB and LvB. These are intimidating factors particularly for a player who's already overwhelmed by the spec. It's much easier to reroll something with simpler gameplay because the climb to the top is less steep. I enjoy the challenge, personally. And I love being one of only literally 5 raid-worthy Enhancement shamans on my server.
    Agree with the informal Enhancement club idea on servers. I've experienced that on a couple of servers Levva has been on. Now of course I could never tell if that was because it was Levva and I was known or it was something that just happened between Enhancement Shaman in general. I'd quite often have long chats with a few other Enhancement shamans about Enhancement Shaman stuff and state of the class, latest theory crafting etc.

Re: "Cataclysm is making a complex rotation even more complex". This very strongly suggests you don't have a beta key. Several things have been removed from our priority queues to make it a lot easier. Searing totem makes things EASIER not more complex as ST refresh is once a minute rather than 3 times a minute with Magma. Static Shock no longer consumes shield orb so there is a lot less refreshing of Shields. Shamanistic rage is needed less often so is more situational. Theres a lot of freeing up of GCDs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    DPS rankings are irrelevant, when no class has actual rankings to even go by. No endgame content is available, no endgame gear is done, and no coefficients have even been touched yet.

Elemental, unfortunately, hasn't had much going for it. Spam Lightning Bolt, toss out a shock. They introduced another ability through Lava Burst, but apart from casting that on cooldown there is no real priority, other than more Lightning Bolts, which has been that way since Vanilla. Elemental sucks, and Blizzard hasn't figured this out.

As far as Enhancement, I can't speak from this point of view.

But I can say that every single class seems to think the end of times are upon us, no matter what they read or "hearsay".
    since when(not including vannilla) did elemental only include lighyning bolts? they suck compared to chain...

---------- Post added 2010-08-16 at 04:51 PM ----------

As Ghostcrawler said : Enh shaman' dps was lacking during the entire WotLK content, but still they managed to be everywhere. Si Enh shaman was a lot fun to play, and in Cata i think enh will be a lot better.

As for shamans rerolling, i think most of them were elem for the easy dps of it and are just checking at all the non existent cool spells elem will not be getting and they are sad.

As for resto, i dunno, we don't really get something new, but we kinda were (i think) the dominating healers in pve for WotLK.
    are u kidding me? lol we get healing rain... lawl

Quote Originally Posted by Levva View Post
    Agree with the informal Enhancement club idea on servers. I've experienced that on a couple of servers Levva has been on. Now of course I could never tell if that was because it was Levva and I was known or it was something that just happened between Enhancement Shaman in general. I'd quite often have long chats with a few other Enhancement shamans about Enhancement Shaman stuff and state of the class, latest theory crafting etc.

Re: "Cataclysm is making a complex rotation even more complex". This very strongly suggests you don't have a beta key. Several things have been removed from our priority queues to make it a lot easier. Searing totem makes things EASIER not more complex as ST refresh is once a minute rather than 3 times a minute with Magma. Static Shock no longer consumes shield orb so there is a lot less refreshing of Shields. Shamanistic rage is needed less often so is more situational. Theres a lot of freeing up of GCDs.
    I still think searing flames/lavalash is a poorly thought out PVE ability. would be much more interesting if lavalash did something aside from damage at baseline. and why would i want a second "combo" type resource to keep track of?

id like it if ST is supposed to be our go to fire totem that it manages it based on its damage output not on a secondary, uninteresting, convoluted interaction mechanic with lavalash which should also do something aside from pure damage cuz its a weakass offhand attack with a 20 second CD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinettik View Post
    Are you that bad that you are actually stuck at the bottom of the charts? Shamans DPS, like all DPS, varies from fight to fight. On Saurfang im top 5, and thats with soloing an add, where as on Fester, im mid pack due to the amount of movement i do (could just be the way we set our raid up). Point being, I will stay neck and neck with any equally geared Hybrid on most fights and beat some pures on others, its more of a L2Play issue if you cant.
    Amen. For me it's fights like putricide where my dps is kind of garbage whereas on a fight like Fester i shine but I totally agree with your point. Enhancement remains competitive (at least for the majority of guilds/players). If you don't suck you can earn your gear. Who said we need to be topping the meters on all fights. I do somtimes fight for top spot and sometimes my dps is middling...depends on the encounter. Other classes also shine on some types of encounters more than others. This is a team game...if we down the boss we should be happy. The point of dps is to kill bosses...not stroke e-peens.
    "Brevity is...wit"