Thread: Disc changes

Disc changes

I play a disc priest to make use of absorbs, not as much heals like holy. I understand that blizzard wants to make a boost in the healing aspect of disc and reduce the amount of absorbs by about 15-20%. I understand that, but that is not the idea that you have put on disc priests, disc priests have been about absorbs and I think they should stay that way. You say you want it to be more fun for players and to do that you want to make it more than just spam bubbling, but if thats not what players wanted then they wouldn't play disc would they? Players choose disc because they want to cast the bubbles and use absorbs first, heals second. Please take the idea of reducing bubbles and absorbs away and let us play the spec how we like it, and that is how it currently is in live play.

I think you are far far off. I picked up disc because I liked the idea of smart shielding and being able to assist both on the tank and the raid in tight situations, but disc has turned away from that to it's ugly spam shielding...

So I look very much forward of them bring back the real playstyle of disc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hushkoon View Post
    I think you are far far off. I picked up disc because I liked the idea of smart shielding and being able to assist both on the tank and the raid in tight situations, but disc has turned away from that to it's ugly spam shielding...

So I look very much forward of them bring back the real playstyle of disc.
    I understand that blizzard wnats to put an end to shield spaming but they way they try to put an end to it pretty well puts an end to disc as a whole in performance to other healers, imo.
    We just need more ways to absorb.
    ATM our mastery only affects a talent thats only triggered on crits and a 3 min cd PW:B (which is a joke atm)
    I didnt mention PW:S since all our mastery does, is bring it back up to the number it is now, and in my book if you nerf something and then introduce a buff that brings it up to the unnerfed numbers the buff ISNT a buff for me.
    Last edited by mmoc67a88798a6; 2010-08-16 at 03:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to agree with Hushkoon. We as Disc Priests have been stereotyped as "just" the "bubble spammers" and I look forward to Cata, IMO it will truly separate the good from the bad as we have so many other good heals other than PW:S.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Madam View Post
    I have to agree with Hushkoon. We as Disc Priests have been stereotyped as "just" the "bubble spammers" and I look forward to Cata, IMO it will truly separate the good from the bad as we have so many other good heals other than PW:S.
    Of course we have other heals but sadly our heals as disc are much worse than the other healers heals. Our heals are balanced around the fact that we use absorbs, and nerfing absorbs WITHOUT buffing the heals (which arent very good as disc to beginn with) seems pretty strange to me.
    And i cant find many talents that buff our "other good heals" in the disc tree, which makes them "not so good"

10+ Year Old Account
    Nocturna, keep in mind we are still in beta...I am sure Bliz will balance our heals to cover the nerf to shields.
    I would be more concerned with the Borrowed Time nerf.

I really enjoy jumping around with my instant casts ;(

Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie View Post
    I really enjoy jumping around with my instant casts ;(
    THIS!!!! But seriously I feel like Disc is just gonna feel not Disc, and I don't want to go holy either cause I don't find the use of lightwell that they are proposing for cata to be fun, put down a well and let others heal...looks like its off to shadow gg.