Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Thumbs up Should I replace Byntroll with Shadow's Edge?

Hey guys, I just got Rotface + Festergut's Blood items from ICC 25 and I'm thinking to start getting Primordials for Shadow's Edge. But I'm not sure what to do here. I'm a retribution paladin (obviously :P) and got Byntroll, The Bone Arbiter . Would it be better for me to replace it with Shadow's Edge? Would it increase my DPS?
    By the way here's the armory link of my pally: eu.wowarmory.co m/character-sheet.xml?r=Agamaggan&cn=Nysand (without the spaces)

Waiting your answer. Thank you!

Heroic Byntroll, yes. Reg.. I'd say not.
    Last edited by Joels; 2010-08-17 at 01:02 AM.

Without knowing any of the benefits, stats, or aspects of either weapons or the class, I'm going to say yes, replace it. This is coming from someone with no knowledge of the class whatsoever. I'm not willing to learn either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultralisk View Post
    Magic makes everything radioactive so if you drink water that hasn't been purified by a vendor, you get a stacking DoT debuff called Cancer.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    There =/= Their =/= They're; Where =/= Were =/= We're

10+ Year Old Account
    From what I remember a ret in my servers top guild saying to me a while back its:

Mourne > Some Spears from BQL I think? > Hc Bryntroll > Glorenzelg > something something... > SE > Bryntroll

Also, I think you should fix your spec before yo worry about weapons... maybe read what some of your talents do... I remember when Shadows Edge took work, 30% buff made it so anyone can get it.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Reg Byrntroll is worst than shadow Edge but the heroic version is better.

Deleted
    Alright well let's say that I'm not so lucky and HC Byntroll will never drop, will Shadow's Edge increase my DPS if I replace regular Byntroll with it?

Deleted
    well most of ur spells are based on weapon dmg so yes ur dps should go up by quite a bit , bryntroll has only the proc which is about 5% of ur total dmg , but like i said most of ur spells scale with wep dmg

Quote Originally Posted by schnel View Post
    Without knowing any of the benefits, stats, or aspects of either weapons or the class, I'm going to say yes, replace it. This is coming from someone with no knowledge of the class whatsoever. I'm not willing to learn either.
    This made me laugh ;D

OT: Shadows > Bryn 264

Deleted
    Alrighty thanks for the help guys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just use Shadow's Edge because it's beautiful

HC Bryn > SE. However, I'm 90% sure SE is better than 264 Bryn. Then again, my pally has been prot since 3.2, so I could pretty easily be wrong.

Deleted
    Well I guess I should wait for an answer from someone that actually has a retri paladin as MS.

15+ Year Old Account
    Assuming Hit and Expertise caps from talents/glyphs/other gear:

Shadowmourne - > H Oathbinder, Charge of the Ranger-General - > H Glorenzelg, High-Blade of the Silver Hand - > Bloodfall - > H Bryntroll, the Bone Arbiter - > H Warmace of Menethil - > H Cryptmaker - > Oathbinder, Charge of the Ranger-General - > Glorenzelg, High-Blade of the Silver Hand - > Shadow's Edge - > Wrathful Gladiator's Claymore - > Oxheart - > Ramaladni's Blade of Culling - > Bloodfall - > Hersir's Greatspear - > Bryntroll, the Bone Arbitert

Quote Originally Posted by Darkness77 View Post
    well most of ur spells are based on weapon dmg so yes ur dps should go up by quite a bit , bryntroll has only the proc which is about 5% of ur total dmg , but like i said most of ur spells scale with wep dmg
    Lawl. It was like 1.5-3% of my dps when I had the regular version. Worst ICC weapon by far. it WAS very good before they nerfed it hardcore.

It used to function similar to TAiaJ and Smourne's mechanics, except it could proc off applications of Berserking and Vindication(correct me if I'm wrong).

Basically it was the best thing since sliced bread...or TAiaJ.

Deleted
    Okay then I'll replace it. :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronark View Post
    Assuming Hit and Expertise caps from talents/glyphs/other gear:

Shadowmourne - > H Oathbinder, Charge of the Ranger-General - > H Glorenzelg, High-Blade of the Silver Hand - > Bloodfall - > H Bryntroll, the Bone Arbiter - > H Warmace of Menethil - > H Cryptmaker - > Oathbinder, Charge of the Ranger-General - > Glorenzelg, High-Blade of the Silver Hand - > Shadow's Edge - > Wrathful Gladiator's Claymore - > Oxheart - > Ramaladni's Blade of Culling - > Bloodfall - > Hersir's Greatspear - > Bryntroll, the Bone Arbitert
    2nd and 3rd place - I am very interested in why glorenzelg is worse than oathbinder. Don't have a ret but want to understand it better.

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    I remember when Shadows Edge took work, 30% buff made it so anyone can get it.
    Wait wut? 30% means anyone can farm 25 primordial saronites? Think someones barkin up the wrong tree..

Same itemlevel.

Bryntroll = 3.4 Speed
    Shadows Edge = 3.7 Speed

oh c'mon~
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    2nd and 3rd place - I am very interested in why glorenzelg is worse than oathbinder. Don't have a ret but want to understand it better.
    Note what most would consider better: Glorenzelg, High-Blade of the Silver Hand.

The expertise is totally wasted due to Glyph of Seal of Vengeance, so ignoring the stamina, we have 198 strength (worth about 455 AP) and 122 crit vs 179 agility, 114 crit, 228 attack power and 122 ArP.

The effective stat values are (roughly) as follows:

Strength: 2
    Crit: 1.3
    Agility: 1.2
    AP: 0.8
    ArP: 0.75

From this we get Glorenzelg, High-Blade of the Silver Hand = (198*2) + (112*1.3) = 541.6. And Oathbinder, Charge of the Ranger-General = (179*1.2) + (114*1.3) + (228*0.8) + (0.75*122) = 636.9.

And that is why ret paladins will also want it.

Simulations predict it's worth 100 dps more than Glorenzelg, High-Blade of the Silver Hand.

That should cover it.