Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Official Mal'Ganis Thread

My satisfaction with WoW has gone up 10 fold in the last few days for one simple reason: I'm not playing really on my old server. I spend the $55 to faction change & server transfer over to Mal'Ganis. This was mostly to just hang with Archivis and casually play there on my druid.

Why I'm likely going to not be playing my warrior anymore: Gorgonnash sucks. No one pugs anything. You might have one or two Uld pugs per week, and those usually go through a couple bosses and fall apart. Take this in direct contrast to Mal'Ganis where there's always a couple groups going for Naxx10/25, OS10/25, EoE10/25 (Yes, people actually run that instance and pug it. I haven't seen or heard of a guild or pug running EoE on Gorgonnash since January.), VoA10/25 (Horde seem to OWN WG, so this is an almost guaranteed thing... I've gotten >125 marks in the last couple days w/o doing a single WG quest), Uld10/25 and tons of ToC10 groups.

This has raised my satisfaction so much. I have no idea if I can play WoW tomorrow or Wednesday, or Friday. I can't tell anyone "Yeah, I can make it 3x a week for 3 hours to commit to a raid." I can't do it. I don't want to do it and my family comes first. But when I DO have a free afternoon or evening, I can hop on and join in a pug.

If you're like me and might want to raid casually and enjoy more content that you can't get to see on your server, I highly recommend scoping out some of the genuinely High pop/Full pop servers where your faction is dominate.

This is my armory for the druid. I just got him to 80 on Thursday (or was it Friday?). 1 day 13 hours /played (with at least 6 hours sitting doing nothing in Dalaran, Orgrimmar or Argent Tournament or being 100% AFK)

10+ Year Old Account
    Thought this would be about setbacks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    You're right. Blizzard shouldn't have temporarily banned you. They should have sent a couple employees to your residence to Jay and Silent Bob you.
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    I saved a man's life today by performing brain surgery and removing a tumor the size of a quarter from his frontal lobes. God damnit I wish I wasn't ignorant though, cause I have no idea what an LSAT is. I don't know the radius of the Moon either.
    I took part in the LSAT/Cataclysm release date thread.

Deleted
    I dont see what this has to do with Cataclysm

So why exactly is this thread official? Do you represent Blizzard? ... yeah I thought not.

Quote Originally Posted by Nahte View Post
    Thought this would be about setbacks.
    Ditto.

---------- Post added 2010-08-17 at 09:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Raith View Post
    So why exactly is this thread official? Do you represent Blizzard? ... yeah I thought not.
    Indeed.

It seriously annoys me when people claim stuff as "Official" when they have no authority to do so.

Deleted
    Let's hijack this thread, and have it about Mal'Ganis the Dreadlord!

2. You're telling us that there are more people playing on a full server? NO WAY!

3. Thanks for the information that you leveled your char in 1d 13h

15+ Year Old Account
    Agreed, Official is annoying. I can deal with "The ultimate _______ Thread(which was the first thread i posted in as Dark Side) or "________ Appreciation Thread" but "Official" is personally off limits.

I dont understand what this thread is even about or why is it official...
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    (Oh god I'm such a troll)

Quote Originally Posted by Lerkarious View Post
    Let's hijack this thread, and have it about Mal'Ganis the Dreadlord!
    is this an "official" hijacking? or is it merely a setback?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

whatever happened to MG when we beat the crap out of him in onslaught harbor in icecrown and he makes like a pally and hearths away?
    The greatest question of all time: If you encountered a big red button with a sign that says DO NOT PUSH THIS BUTTON....would you press it? i sure as hell would...who could resist a button like that? No one thats who...and if they say they wouldnt...theyre dirty liars and you should slap them with a pickle.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought this thread was going to be about the Dreadlord Mal'Ganis...
    I'll try make the thread more useful by saying, [SPOILERish] since Mal'Ganis is still alive (after you find out by doing Onslaught Harbor quest chain), I wonder if he'll make an appearance in Cataclysm by trying to retake the Scourge. It would be interesting if he's taken control of them in the Eastern Plaguelands or something like that.
    Last edited by Daziel; 2010-08-17 at 08:19 AM.

I was disappointed. does anyone have any ideas as to where or what Mal'Ganis is up to these days?
    "They will come for us now, all of them" "Let them come, Frostmourne The Banshee Queen hungers."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meezh View Post
    I dont see what this has to do with Cataclysm
    I do.

You see the Cataclysm General Forums are located where the World of Warcraft General Forums used to be, so anyone that isn't clearly reading the name of the link they're clicking could possibly think this is the World of Warcraft General Forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Daziel View Post
    I'll try make the thread more useful by saying, since Mal'Ganis is still alive (after you find out by doing Onslaught Harbor quest chain), I wonder if he'll make an appearance in Cataclysm by trying to retake the Scourge. It would be interesting if he's taken control of them in the Eastern Plaguelands or something like that.
    Tirion is Mal'Ganis doncha know.
    Last edited by Frumpy Frumpy Frak; 2010-08-17 at 08:16 AM.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll try make the thread more useful by saying, since Mal'Ganis is still alive (after you find out by doing Onslaught Harbor quest chain), I wonder if he'll make an appearance in Cataclysm by trying to retake the Scourge. It would be interesting if he's taken control of them in the Eastern Plaguelands or something like that.
    Wait, so he survived on Onslaught? I have to do that quest, or read it on wow wiki. But i really think that Mal'ganis will pass from this exp, i guess we will see the last of him on the next expansion dedicated to the burning legion and/or sargeras.

well we know that Balnazzar ditched his human disguise in Stratholme and has killed all the Scarlet Crusade people there and turned them into the undead...maybe Mal'Ganis is bein buddy-buddy with his ol dreadlord pal in eastern plaguelands.
    The greatest question of all time: If you encountered a big red button with a sign that says DO NOT PUSH THIS BUTTON....would you press it? i sure as hell would...who could resist a button like that? No one thats who...and if they say they wouldnt...theyre dirty liars and you should slap them with a pickle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    Wait, so he survived on Onslaught? I have to do that quest, or read it on wow wiki. But i really think that Mal'ganis will pass from this exp, i guess we will see the last of him on the next expansion dedicated to the burning legion and/or sargeras.
    Sorry if I spoiled it for you... Im going to put spoiler next to the text on the edit now...
    Personally I thought we would see him in Icecrown Citadel after what he says when defeat him. Do the quest chain, its interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry if I spoiled it for you... Im going to put spoiler next to the text on the edit now...
    Personally I thought we would see him in Icecrown Citadel after what he says when defeat him. Do the quest chain, its interesting.
    nah, its cool, I think I had read it before. Also, I read thet the devs hinted that mal'ganis wasnt going to play a part on the icecrown citadel. So what will he be preparing? kinda curious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    nah, its cool, I think I had read it before. Also, I read thet the devs hinted that mal'ganis wasnt going to play a part on the icecrown citadel. So what will he be preparing? kinda curious.
    Probably as you said, something for a future expansion with Sargaras

Server population is a terrible problem. I've been on malganis for years, however. The population has exploded over that time. People are dogpiling onto it continuously. I don't blame them really. There's so many empty, crappy servers out there. There's too many servers. A consolidation of servers needed to happen years ago.

However, I would suggest that if someone wants to move maybe you shouldn't pick malganis. It's really fucking crowded and I'm not leaving the server I've been on for so many years. Maybe you should try Illidan. They have about as many people and the alliance there actually exist. Crowd them.