Trying to find an old Horror film

When I was a kid (Not too long ago) I watched a horror film which really kept me going... I feel the need to watch it again but I can't remember what's the movie's name!
    Could anyone help me / point out which movie sounds a lot like the scenes I remember?

What I remember from this film:
    A group of people go living in an old house / mansion. The house turns out haunted, the main character is a woman too.
    I remember once when she was asleep she woke up and a wooden carve-out of an angel or a child started talking to her.

Another part:
    I remember her walking down a hallway following bloodied footsteps into a room which led her to a book filled with names of children which inhabited the place, however they were all marked dead.
    Last Bits: A guy was walking in a huge greenhouse near a fountain with a statue, the statue pulls him in the water and tries to drown him.
    Another part is when all shit starts going off, one dude gets pissed off... smacks the old house owner's huge painted picture of himself and leads to this guy getting beheaded somehow.

Anyone can remember the name please? Much appreciated Sorry If I got you all mixed up when I tried to explain the movie :P
    IMO: Watch it if you figure out which movie it is, it kicks ass

Sounds like the 1999 remake of the Haunting.

The Haunting?
    House?
    House on haunted hill?

gonna try those thx! <3

---------- Post added 2010-08-17 at 10:29 AM ----------

The Haunting! Yes That's it! Thanks a lot!

No worries. The original black and white version's pretty creepy too.

creep show...ok its not a horror movie...kinda a comedy..."seriously....a freaking zombie moving 1 mile a min and it still catches the guy and eats him? a fat guy with 1 leg amputated and swimming in a pool of water up to his neck could escape that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yea, The Haunting, Owen Wilson gets beheaded, lolz.