Thread: frost dps

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scudamore View Post
    Because despite what some of the sheep say, Frost DOES use a rotation.
    I couldn't agree more Scud. GoD more so than GoIT, but either way, it's very important to maintain the rotational aspect of your runes. It's the backbone of your dps.
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

I like to think of it as a hybrid.

It has elements of a priority system built on a rotation framework.

I believe there was a comment on EJ that said when a priority system becomes permanent, then it is a rotation.

except for us using a rotation you're right about us using rotations.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nighthaunter View Post
    the other day i posted about blood dps, but since ive looked around on the forum ive noticed alot of people going nuts for frost dps. last time i was playing, frost was a tanking spec with a weak dps spec. has it drastically changed?

is it that much more powerful and if it is then why?

and should i change from blood to frost in icc.
    I can't honestly say why frost is better, I'm no mathematician, but what I can say, is that it is by far my favorite DK spec. Blood can be devestatingly powerful s long as you're able to balance the stats just right. The raid wide buff you get from improved Icy Talons has earned me many a /hug from Rogues in the past. Gemming really isn't that different from unholy, stre stre stre, stre/haste if you feel the need to get your socket bonus. There's no rigid rotation just sort of a priority system depending on procs and cooldowns. Also, we can rival an Unholy DK in the AoE realm with a shitload of Howling Blast on top of some DnD and BBs.
    Last edited by mmoc9f29e6783f; 2010-08-20 at 06:20 PM.

Having played all specs mainly through boredom, cleared HC ICC's so just like to play about with him.

Dual wield Frost DPS is far superior in a single target sustained situation than any other spec, in BiS gear with the armpen cap you'll easily outdps a shadowmourne wielding BiS geared Unholy DK, at least that's what i've seen so far.

Though as we all know, Blizz like to take whatever DK spec is most popular and nerf it into the ground for the next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert the fish View Post
    Dude. You're wrong. Just accept it.

Though as we all know, Blizz like to take whatever DK spec is most popular and nerf it into the ground for the next expansion.
    People who say things such as this are rarely worth listening to.

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert the fish View Post
    Why do you even post? Starting to think you are just trolling...

Quote Originally Posted by Conno View Post
    Even if this were true, is it really such a bad thing?
    I generally play whatever spec is best for my gear level. (Aside from times where I need to be the Ebon Plague bitch.)
    If the best spec never changed from patch to patch I probably would have become terribly bored a long long time ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

Quote Originally Posted by escobar View Post
    Yes frost is very good and rivals 2h unholy where as blood trails behind both. Frost uses 2 2.6 weps and the new 1/52/18 spec glyphs are frost strike obliterate and disease
    What's with the one point in blood? I haven't heard of that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesscalise View Post
    yeah i dont really get that one either

Quote Originally Posted by jamesscalise View Post
    Subversion for those with threat issues.

e: it's easy to justify the point when you're ArP capped, KM and black ice are at their lowest importance then.

2h frost was a lot of fun back when it was viable but anyone boasting about 10k dps with that gimped spec is missig out on what could be much higher dps if you only went dual wield.

you'll just have to wait til cata or patch 4.0 for 2h frost to be viable again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 5648945621 View Post
    lol, sry I'm bad

but... its most likely cuz dw scale better with gear
    Fixd

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dio the Holy Diver View Post
    2h frost was a lot of fun back when it was viable but anyone boasting about 10k dps with that gimped spec is missig out on what could be much higher dps if you only went dual wield.

you'll just have to wait til cata or patch 4.0 for 2h frost to be viable again.
    ha 10k dps! i'd kill to do 10k dps!

Quote Originally Posted by nighthaunter View Post
    ha 10k dps! i'd kill to do 10k dps!
    It' basically 7k without the ICC buff, which was the required dps to beat Fester 25's enrage.

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

Why so many ppl says about some love in Cata for 2h frost, i play 2h frost pvp since wotlk launched and i dont see much greatness in "45% AUTOATTACK hits generate 10rp for 3 talent points".

Quote Originally Posted by Dwane View Post
    Why so many ppl says about some love in Cata for 2h frost, i play 2h frost pvp since wotlk launched and i dont see much greatness in "45% AUTOATTACK hits generate 10rp for 3 talent points".
    WotLK gameplay = Cata gameplay
    Learn to logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Scudamore View Post
    WotLK gameplay = Cata gameplay
    Learn to logic.
    wut?

Quote Originally Posted by Ahpuch View Post
    Fixd
    why am i bad? just because i like 2h frost? cry more faggot

Quote Originally Posted by 5648945621 View Post
    why am i bad?
    Because you insist on playing a bad spec. The playstyle of 2h frost is identical to dual wield frost, stop trying to be special and play a proper spec.