Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

HoR and player attitude

Is anyone else bothered by the fact that 9/10 times if you get a random queue for HoR, at least 2 people will drop group before the instance even loads? Are heroics not nerfed enough already? I've never had a problem with that place save for a few times with just bad tanks. I propose blizzard treat this like Occulus, people were too big of crybabies to do the instance, even though it's really not difficult, so they nerfed it and added a mount as incentive to appease the mind-numbed masses. Toss a bone-gryphon mount at the end bosses loot table, like the DK exclusive flyer, and watch as people are magically no longer scared of the big bad HoR. Plus you piss of DK's everywhere! Win/win in my book.

Deleted
    Its like the only heroic I dont fall asleep in, I wouldn't want it nerfed :<

I don't WANT it nerfed, cuz it actually provides more of a challenge than the snooze fest of other heroics, but when everyone automatically sees it and leaves, it makes the instance undoable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it happens, just the usual worthless players being worthless.
    "The truth, my goal."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    but when HoS pops in, I'd rather bail too but 30 min of slacking with the debuff is not my ideea of eficiency.
    I did HoS like 100 times like 76-80 or something, it was my first random heroic at 80 and I literally cried.

It's short and keeps you on the ball, love it.

Anything that needlessly and intentionally pisses off an entire class is clearly a good idea and, naturally, will be approved and implemented by Blizzard.

/sarcasm.

Although Occulus wasn't terribly difficult pre-nerf, part of the reasoning for it was caused by the foreign, albeit fairly easily, vehicle design.

Halls of Reflection, however, is SUPPOSED to be the "most difficult" dungeon. Nerfing it to the level of other heroics defeats the purpose entirely. Sure, two people dropping group is a pain, but hardly much of a hassle.

Leave it as it is. Rather then nerf it and give Undeserved rewards. Force them to do it i say :P

Everytime i enter OCC. i still see 1-2 drop. and ppl cry about how much they still hate it.

WOTLK has made ppl lazy. AOE tanking and no CC has made players less skilled, and less willing to evan try something that might require thought.

All nerfing HOR will do is cause the ppl who don't mind or evan enjoy it to stop liking it. you will still see ppl QQ everytime it loads up and ragequit cause "it's too hard"

It's really not. players are just bad.

Deleted
    I like it, it's challenging unless some dps specced DK (I know, there's not the biggest difference between dps and tank speccs as dk) join as tank and equip his non-epic gear tossing arouns with 27k hp and not even close to def cap...

It's not so much that its hard but some of the ppl you get grouped with make it hard, same reason i usualy drop oculus even though it is piss easy now i lothed the place after the second time there when some guildie wanted to do the achievment way back before it was nerfed...spent 2 hours there with them, whilst they tooled about and messed it up...and the times since when ppl ask to do the achievment i tell them no or leave.

It's the longest instance you can get, and actually the only one where your group could fail. Simply not worth it.
    Alt-F4ing and waiting another 10 minutes in the queue will very likely be faster than doing it in the first place.

I love healing and tanking H HOR. Dpsing it however I dread. My warlock always ends up tanking a mob or three. I enjoy healing undergeared tanks in heroics. Esp H HOR it provides me with a small challenge and keeps me awake. My tank is a pally so its pretty much easy as pie for me to tank. I tried tanking it once on my poorly geared bear druid. That was a challenge I'll never forget. I suck hardcore at tanking on my bear.

i like h hor, it can be pretty competitive

but for the wrong reasons... the majority of the player base is composed by baddies so depending on 4 other ppl to complete a random h hor and have fun is way more a matter of luck.. that's why ppl leave so they can have some fun

i usually take a quick scan on the party gear, if i dont think they can do it, i leave, np

some h hor tops

-there's a kill order, dumbass!
    -hide behind those pillar things, dont do shit till tank has all the mobs (including hots, pw:s, etc)
    -see that hunter shooting at you? los him or CC
    -dont take unecesarry dmg
    -stick to the KO
    -silence that mage human bitch whenever possible (spriests, blood elfs)
    -use you fucking stuns
    -did i mention the KOrder?
    -POP CDS, THE BOSS IS THE EASIER PART

Quote Originally Posted by Rolandes View Post
    Well... I leave a lot... And why? I just enter dungeon then click on random player and then click on inspect. And?...

Hope you understand... WTB new battlegroup
    Hahahaha. Classic.

That's totally it. I have a DK tank and a Priest healer 6k and 6.2k gearscore respectively. I know that either one of these toons is capable of carrying even a terrible group through the instance, but I would rather just not do it. I quickly inspect people at the start, look at gems/enchants/gear/specs and if I don't like what I see I bail and go do the daily heroic on the other toon. It's far too frustrating trying to do HOR with a bad group.

Whenever I get it on my Warrior tank I normally will stay, it's really EASY to tank. Though there are times I will leave automatically if say a few of the dps are in blues still. That's really the only place where the DPS have to pull there weight, due to the gauntlet part as well as the first boss with his healing debuff I believe.

The dungeon is a challenge, one which requires effort instead of the usual faceroll.
    That is why people leave.
    Not because something is wrong with the dungeon, but because there is something wrong with them, an unwillingness to expect to have to earn a reward.

hope it will never be nerfed.. its my favorite heroic to tank and to heal and to DPS... its really is best HC, and those who drop just want to be carried.

If they didn't drop group you'd be posting here about how rubbish they were. I figure folks drop out for a reason, and that reason is they're such poor players all they ever do in HoR is fail.

It's a good thing they drop out. Honestly.

15+ Year Old Account
    I will admit to leaving it. It simply comes down to how the others are geared, but that mentality only goes so far when I stay and realize after the first wave that the tank does shit threat/gets bitch slapped like two dollar streetwalker, the healer is at 25% mana, or the dps is dead/drooling on their keyboard. I have tanked, healed, and dps'd HoR and have never had any issues preforming my roll properly and efficiently. So why is it so difficult for others to do the same.

Oh btw WTF is so difficult about LoS and then, Priest>Merc>Footman>Mage>Hunter?

I actually enjoy doing H HoR. Its a fun instance to do as as fairly well geared Ret Pally (264/277) as my daily some days. Nice being able to run thru the first wave spawns seeing how high I can push my dps without dying and some of the better tanks have allowed me to run 9k dps or so overall thru most of the whole instance. Very entertaining if you ask me.