Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    FrostbroodBreeder, you're wrong, GC himself said the 310% would affect all the mounts, that and you don't get the option to "buy" 310% speed once you have a 310% mount. (tested it)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Matteh View Post
    well. stupid question really.. what did they do in TBC? well they changed it.. back then it was 50 mount..
    Burning Crusade didn't have achievements.

*Rolls d20...20, critical hit*
    *Hits FrostBloodBreeder with Troll hammer which gives +10 attack agaisnt trolls*
    *FrostBloodBreeder goes away in defeat*

"As a reminder, Blizzard told us in April during a Twitter chat that:

Q: Do you intend to have all 280% flying mounts scale to 310% when a 310% mount is earned, or will only purchased mounts do so?
    A: Our current plan, is that in Cataclysm, you can learn a new rank of flying that lets all flying mounts move at 310% (even current 280% mounts). That will probably be as fast as mounts will ever get. We don’t like it that when you get a 310% mount that you stop using your old ones.

On the other hand, Blizzard told us in May via the EU forums that:

It certainly is happening, but it will only be purchasable by characters who are level 85. Players who already own a 310% mount will be ‘gifted’ the training, and it goes without saying that once the skill is learned all flying mounts will become 310% mounts. That’s the current plan at least, and we don’t plan on offering any further speed increases to these mounts."

Quote Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
    read the front page.

310% Speed Flying Mount
    The new 310% Speed Flying Mount skill costs 5000 gold to train. People who already own a 310% flying mount get it for free.

So those with a 310% get the spell for free, and thus all mounts fly at 310% for them.
    this

Quote Originally Posted by FrostbroodBreeder View Post
    I hate how people dont seem to get this! if you already have a 310% speed mount, you can ride at a 310% speed, but all your mounts dont get raised to a 310% speed they stay the same! if you want a greater variety your gonna have to pay the 5k gold blizzard has already said this
    Blizzard has stated several times That if you have a 310% mount, all your 280% mount automatically gets upgraded to 310%. I have no idea where you are getting this lie.

People can still farm the uld drakes at 85 however. The majority of the people who will want to take the time to get all those achievements are people who probably never done uld before.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

ok guys i was wrong im sorry, and for those who think im troll, im not, but i guess i was acting like one(hate trolls) shouldve researched it more but i still think its stupid how you can farm uld mounts at 85 and get the training for free, who agrees?
    80-Draenei Hunter-Padiraan: Brewmaster,Bloodsail Admiral,The Patient, soon-to-be The Diplomat
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    No, however, Boub is an asshole

ok guys i was wrong im sorry, and for those who think im troll, im not, but i guess i was acting like one(hate trolls) shouldve researched it more but i still think its stupid how you can farm uld mounts at 85 and get the training for free, who agrees?
    You can get one from doing holiday achievements, thats even easier because you just play for a year. I don't see why its dumb. I would want to ride the mount I choose not because of its speed but by it's look.

People can farm Uld today for mounts. But they don't. Explain.

yea but it should be fair that to ride all mounts at that speed you should have to buy it, and i think that makes a lot more sense
    80-Draenei Hunter-Padiraan: Brewmaster,Bloodsail Admiral,The Patient, soon-to-be The Diplomat

yea but it should be fair that to ride all mounts at that speed you should have to buy it, and i think that makes a lot more sense
    No it does not. People who already have a 310% mount, why should they buy it if they already have it? Just to see their blue drake at 310% speed? No.

Your forgetting Uld has its own difficulty and it is not farm-able unless you know the works inside and out.

You can't just form a random pug and think you can get the hard mode achievements just because your lvl 85.

but i still think its stupid how you can farm uld mounts at 85 and get the training for free
    You will not I'm sure. Same as epic ground riding in vanila, IF you got epic mount for 800g then you get skill for free (in patch 1.11?), BUT if you buy epic ground mount in even one day after patch (where riding skill was implemented) you didn't get skill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only mounts I ever fly are the Netherwing Drakes, just because it took days of farming to get it, plus it's a unique mount. Can't wait till Cata so it gets switched over to 310%, anyone here the same?

You cannot just farm Uld and ICC for 310% mounts in Cataclysm. The metas will be gone, and the final Heroic-mode-only drops - Mimiron's Head and Invincible - will be changed from 100% to extremely rare, similar to how Ashes of Al'ar currently is. You'll no more be able to 'farm' for Mimiron's Head than you can 'farm' for the Onyxia Drake.

lol no theyve said theyre keeping those achieves uld and icc (and if im wrong again a lot of other people thinnk this too) but im pretty sure they are keeping them

I'm pretty sure they will remove Ulduar and ICC mount achievements when Cataclysm comes out.

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread....eNo=3&sid=1#45
    It certainly is happening, but it will only be purchasable by characters who are level 85. Players who already own a 310% mount will be 'gifted' the training, and it goes without saying that once the skill is learned all flying mounts will become 310% mounts. That's the current plan at least, and we don't plan on offering any further speed increases to these mounts.
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...d=1&pageNo=1#2

Q: Do you intend to have all 280% flying mounts scale to 310% when a 310% mount is earned, or will only purchased mounts do so?
    A: Our current plan, is that in Cataclysm, you can learn a new rank of flying that lets all flying mounts move at 310% (even current 280% mounts). That will probably be as fast as mounts will ever get. We don’t like it that when you get a 310% mount that you stop using your old ones.
    Edit: Didn't notice the post by atree496 above.
    Thanks to quoting the full post I was able to find link for the "gifting" mention.

The current raid achievement reward mounts will instead become a rare drop from the last boss of a raid, so while the achievements "should" still be achieveable, the reward of the mount will not be, and I would imagine that any titles would also be removed as rewards.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2010-08-17 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    You cannot just farm Uld and ICC for 310% mounts in Cataclysm. The metas will be gone, and the final Heroic-mode-only drops - Mimiron's Head and Invincible - will be changed from 100% to extremely rare, similar to how Ashes of Al'ar currently is. You'll no more be able to 'farm' for Mimiron's Head than you can 'farm' for the Onyxia Drake.
    Meta achivements are staying.

The ability to find people that are competent enough to do them is a pretty much close to a 0% in a pug.

15+ Year Old Account
    The achievement will most likely not change, but there will most likely be a new achievement for 125/150 mounts with a new mount as reward and the Dragonhawk will stay. Same goes for the companion pets.

To all you people saying the 50 mounts weren't for BC, I'd have to disagree. By the time achievements were added (end of BC), you could easily get 50 mounts. The 50 mount achievement wasn't for Wrath, the 100 one was, which is what the guy posting near the start was saying. Hell, I got the Albino Drake about 2 days after achievements were added, and all I had was the Alliance faction mounts and some nether rays, nothing special or rare.

They'll just add more mounts to it, I don't see why they would remove the Albino Drake and the Dragonhawk from the game. People still have to go out of their way to earn 50 mounts or 100 mounts, it will just be slightly easier.
    Who knows what secrets hide in the dark?

Ah yes...*I* do...

Quote Originally Posted by idolized View Post
    I'm pretty sure they will remove Ulduar and ICC mount achievements when Cataclysm comes out.
    No, they are keeping them in.