Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by seyo View Post
    Might of the Frozen Wastes
    When wielding a two-handed weapon, your autoattacks have a 45% chance to generate 100 Runic Power.

om nom nom nom nom
    what this means I'm not sure, but seems like a shitload of frost strikes between the oblis.
    should bring big numbers, I like big numbers.

Anyone who can speculate about the use of this talent?
    Check the other thread out. MotFW only has a chance to generate 10 RP, not 100.
    I honestly don't think that is enough to make 2H Frost viable. If it was something like:

'While wielding a 2-handed weapon, your auto attacks have a 33/66/100% chance to increase the damage of your next Frost Strike by 5% and reduce its runic power cost by 5. Stacks up to 3 times.'

Back to the topic, Frost (and Unholy) tree(s) have gotten very little changes. Hoping for alot more changes or I might have to roll that Warrior!
    Last edited by Terrax of the Wind; 2010-08-19 at 01:18 PM.

remember that HC isn't a normal CC and it isn't fair to treat it as such.

say you have a pull of 7 people. frost dk can run in, HC. the tank picks up the adds he wants to tank in a calm and collected manner and the normal CC can reapply a true CC as they come out of HC without worrying about DR.

HC is also ideal for waves. there supposedly is at least one gauntlet event already in beta. and HC will stop that in its tracks while the group is mopping up the original wave.

no it is not a standard CC. it fills a different niche, that doesn't make it bad. just alternative
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Deleted
    IMO Might of the Frozen Wastes should combine the old 2H Spec and some kind of Blood Gorged.

'Increases the damage you deal with 2H melee weapons by 2/6/10%. In addition, your attacks ignore up to 2/6/10% of your opponent armor at all times.'
    Last edited by mmocdb8b553e54; 2010-08-19 at 04:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terrax of the Wind View Post
    Check the other thread out. MotFW only has a chance to generate 10 RP, not 100.
    It might just be a bug in the talent calculator but it is in fact 100 RP.

Quote Originally Posted by Corb View Post
    It's a display bug in the talent. It's been confirmed by beta testers to be 10RP.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...st-post!/page8 Post # 149
    Last edited by Wingwraith; 2010-08-19 at 04:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corb View Post
    Tried it on beta, its 10

2H frost is pretty fun, but that is because my DK doesn't have 1handers to compare DW to it. It beats unholy in terms of how enjoyable it is. Nice to crit 12-16k as a ilvl251-264 geared DK at lvl 80.

The one benefit of 2H is it lets you pump out the frost strikes, very nasty damage. Currently the only entertaining part of DKs is the new ability Runic something.

Each time you cast Rune Strike/Death Coil/Frost Strike you have a 45% chance to refresh a random rune. Also not sure what they did to Howling blast if anything but now its hitting pretty damn hard, about the same as obliterate.

Frost will still most likely be the spec that always worries about what they're casting next when they're hitting the current move.

Quote Originally Posted by seyo View Post
    Might of the Frozen Wastes
    When wielding a two-handed weapon, your autoattacks have a 45% chance to generate 100 Runic Power.

om nom nom nom nom
    what this means I'm not sure, but seems like a shitload of frost strikes between the oblis.
    should bring big numbers, I like big numbers.

Anyone who can speculate about the use of this talent?
    its 10, not 100. on beta, seen it with my own eyes