Page 1 of 19
... LastLast
    Deleted

[Beta Video] Tol Barad - Cata Wintergrasp - Explaintion and commentary

Hello my delicious MMO champions, have spent a while in Tol Barad played several games and made a video where me and 3 guild mates comment on the footage.

Also an explanation of how the battleground works, the video style is a parody of the YogsCast videos http://www.youtube.com/bluexephos

I hope you like it, im sure totalbiscuit will have one more and everyone will like it moar but here it is anyway.
    Criticism welcome and appreciated, its unlikely i will go emo
    Last edited by mmoc490c7f2c58; 2010-08-17 at 10:36 PM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    1st post!

And very nice commentary. It made it entertaining.

So I noticed you can use your flying mount as a ground mount. Thats kinda cool

From my beta experince it's pretty fun. (need to update sig)

P.S. Ab cool club ftw

Deleted
    oh dear ditching the no beta clubbers eh ThinkingWoW : )?

gratz to you!

You sound like salad fingers.

Deleted
    but how do you know which one i am

tip: im not the scottish one, i will pass on the message though ROFL Nilesy will be pleased

10+ Year Old Account
    The random "aauuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" in the beginning made me think Yogscast.
    I reported lamb of log twice, once for having a slow car and once for trolling.

That doesn't even look like its going to be fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sickslol View Post
    That doesn't even look like its going to be fun.

i have to agree. However being beta of course everything is subject to massive change, and i hope from the multiple suggestion reports i have made from Tol Barad, it will end up being more interesting. Have to say for a first draft its not too bad!

Please only thing i will not be able to stand in this thread is people saying
    "Omg no testing only fun why do blizz give beta to these people"

My answer to that is:
    a) beta invites are random
    b) i have made a multitude of bug and suggestion reports
    c) whats to stop us enjoying ourselves and commenting on some fraps footage afterwards

This is not aimed at you sickslol just for the people to comment after you saying what i mentioned!

10+ Year Old Account
    Panda, you said (or someone else, idk) it was a 40man battle? is there a 40man cap on Tol Barad?

Deleted
    Well currently there is 40v40.
    However blizzard stated that there will only be a maximum capacity based on the enemy team

So 50 horde sign for TB
    30 alliance sign for TB

TB will be 30v30

100 horde sign for TB
    150 alliance sign for TB

TB will be 100v100 (doubtful just an example)

I have no idea how this will.. scale.. with new people joining / leaving. If 10 alliance players leave in the first example are 10 horde players removed from battle?
    Who knows. Anyway thanks for watching

10+ Year Old Account
    Played it on beta and it felt like it needed moooarrrr. Plus someone killed me through the siege vehicle without having to kill my vehicle first. xD

btw, does Nilesy ever stfu? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Pandamonium* View Post
    Criticism welcome and appreciated, its unlikely i will go emo
    Unless of course it's about me in which case you will write a string of terrible insults all over a Yogscast video then act all surprised when I find them and call you out

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    btw, does Nilesy ever stfu? :P

never. but i love him. have you seen his MMO champ signature? its similar to yours, however i have to say his is a bit better than yours!

But your MS RS strat made me rofl, seriously <3 its brilliant

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TotalBiscuit View Post
    Unless of course it's about me in which case you will write a string of terrible insults all over a Yogscast video then act all surprised when I find them and call you out
    The Biscuit has spoken.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TotalBiscuit View Post
    Ok TB lets talk, you did not appreciate my comment on the YOGS video. I can understand this if i found a comment about myself on someone elses channel i would probably be fairly disgruntled. I realise you got back from your rock festival just before you made those comments.
    I still stick to my story that you seemed more butthurt that someone had expressed negative opinions of you, but really man learn to take some critisism!

Blocking me from your youtube was not very nice was it! And my comment was not aggressive or rude in any way.

I was surprised you called me out, because I was shocked to see you actually commented on someone elses video! and was watching it in the first place (unless someone pointed you there)
    One of the reasons im not too pleased with yourself is that my guild mate Zeilla made a well made video response to your video that showed the Buru the Gorger pet, she shows exactly where to tame the pet and gives correct info, the information about the mount being obtained in your video saying it is in Un'goro is incorrect.
    She made this video a video response to your vid that showed the pet.

You did not allow it, agreed you have grown in subscribers MASSIVELY in the last month, its incredibly impressive and yes as someone who has been making vids on youtube for over 2 years now yes I am jealous and not afraid to admit this.
    However I will only congratulate you on your success, if I choose to express my personal opinion on the subject is this so bad?

From what i saw recently from your messages on your channel you believe time is better spent making videos good, rather than engaging your fans. Which is fine that is 1 way to tackle the matter.

Anyway, I unblocked you from my YT your welcome to make any comments you wish on my videos. Tbh I never expected you to see the comment on Yogs channel, and it did surprise me! Also it did amuse me to take part in some banter with you.

No particular hard feelings though, and I will endure your Tol Barad video when its released

Really nice post! Can you make from the other one?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by granbr View Post
    Really nice post! Can you make from the other one?

Sorry what? I will consider making videos on requests, however im sorry i cannot understand quite what you mean!

Quote Originally Posted by Pandamonium* View Post
    Ok TB lets talk, you did not appreciate my comment on the YOGS video. I can understand this if i found a comment about myself on someone elses channel i would probably be fairly disgruntled. I realise you got back from your rock festival just before you made those comments.
    I still stick to my story that you seemed more butthurt that someone had expressed negative opinions of you, but really man learn to take some critisism!
    To remind you of what you posted and how it does not qualify as criticism

hybridpanda. 8 hours ago. totalbiscuit. totalbullshit. totalasslick. totaldipshit. long live the yogs!
    That isn't criticism, that's flaming, in a place where you thought I wouldn't see it, which isn't particularly ballsy and fairly stupid overall. Nice way to represent the site you're an 'in training moderator' for. "Hi, my name is Panda and y'know those videos Bibi keeps posting on the frontpage? They suck and Bibi must be an idiot for posting them there, allow me to post on my easily-traceable Youtube account, just how much I hate and envy the creator, that will surely reflect well on the site I moderate for!".

Blocking me from your youtube was not very nice was it! And my comment was not aggressive or rude in any way.
    Just to refresh your memory

hybridpanda. 8 hours ago. totalbiscuit. totalbullshit. totalasslick. totaldipshit. long live the yogs!
    I was surprised you called me out, because I was shocked to see you actually commented on someone elses video! and was watching it in the first place (unless someone pointed you there)
    Yogs are acquaintances from Somethingawful. I've helped them out with a number of things, including how to get into Twilight Highlands and Uldum. They are also getting invited onto the show to promote their work, which for them is a pretty big opportunity since the show has 3 times the listeners that they have total subscribers. That said, if you are associated with them in some way, I may have to reconsider that opportunity, since your comments have reflected so poorly upon your character and those that you associate with today.

One of the reasons im not too pleased with yourself is that my guild mate Zeilla made a well made video response to your video that showed the Buru the Gorger pet, she shows exactly where to tame the pet and gives correct info, the information about the mount being obtained in your video saying it is in Un'goro is incorrect.
    She made this video a video response to your vid that showed the pet.

You did not allow it, agreed you have grown in subscribers MASSIVELY in the last month, its incredibly impressive and yes as someone who has been making vids on youtube for over 2 years now yes I am jealous and not afraid to admit this.
    However I will only congratulate you on your success, if I choose to express my personal opinion on the subject is this so bad?
    Your personal opinion, let's review, consisted of

Yes, quite. The best part? Your ire over your friends video is baseless. I get over 100 PMs a day and innumerable video responses, to the point where I don't even read them anymore. Why? Because 99% of them are shitty rap videos, goldselling stuff, hacks, scams etc. They are set to moderated to ensure that nobody gets caught out by these crooks. I did not even see your friends video and the reason I gave out the wrong information about the Buru pet was at the request of Petopia, who wanted it to remain a secret a little while longer. I like those guys, so I obliged (and because I thought it was funny). So really, let's be honest, you got into a stew over nothing.

From what i saw recently from your messages on your channel you believe time is better spent making videos good, rather than engaging your fans. Which is fine that is 1 way to tackle the matter.
    It is the correct way to tackle the matter, from 12 years experience in creating online content for a large audience. Had you spent more time on your video and less bitching about me on Youtube, you might have realised that your latest piece of work isn't even in the correct aspect ratio and doesn't look very good as a result. Settings are on my page, it's no secret, use em.

Let's be honest, you made yourself look like a jealous twat for no good reason and reflected very poorly on the people you're involved with in the process. The next time you have a grudge over something that never happened, come and talk to me about it first, in private and we can get it sorted out. Getting involved in a flamewar with me is a terrible idea.

Guys this is totally blowing my cataclysm youtube fap session. Just make more videos so i can finish. Preferably something with a female troll.