Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kollick View Post
    PvP? Fuck that game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    You're right. Blizzard shouldn't have temporarily banned you. They should have sent a couple employees to your residence to Jay and Silent Bob you.
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    I saved a man's life today by performing brain surgery and removing a tumor the size of a quarter from his frontal lobes. God damnit I wish I wasn't ignorant though, cause I have no idea what an LSAT is. I don't know the radius of the Moon either.
    I took part in the LSAT/Cataclysm release date thread.

OP fails to deliver. It's been done (much better) before.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think my computer can handle RL

RL?? whaddacfuk u talkin' bout?
    srsly its overrated...im not going there...too damn scary.. :\

Quote Originally Posted by FunFarm View Post
    So, I were bored, so I thought up this new and exciting game to play.

Life:

Life is a MMRPG (Massive Multiplayer Role Playing Game) where you can only have one character.
    You cannot choose a class instead you expand upon a blank slate from the moment you are born (Character Creation).
    You can do anything you wish for and there is no limitations expect for physical laws and your own sense of right and wrong.
    You can not, not play Life.
    How do I win at life? You can't, it is a MMRPG, and is thereby ever-expanding. New content is constantly being streamed straight to the game world.
    How do I lose at life? You cannot lose at life.
    Leveling up is very simple, you gain one level for every year of played time. Some players will level more slowly than others. (Female Characters develop skills significantly faster than Male Characters upon leveling up)
    In Life, you CAN have a Moose.

Please note that this is merely a joke, it is not intended to be taken seriously in any context in any dimension ever. I sincerely apologize to anyone I may offend with this thread.
    You can lose life by dying. Life has good graphics and lots of promises but if you look a bit more into it, it sucks. The mechanics are kind of nice, but it feels more like work than fun most of the time. The reward system lacks too, the rewards range from decent ([Work around the clock] rewards [Vacation]) to awesome ([Girlfriend!] rewards [Sex]) but you have to work way to hard for them.
    Also the community is as sick as in every other game and some players have way to much power.

The talent system is confusing too, e.g. you don't know if you have talents like cheat death until they're triggered. And even then you don't know if they will work again or how long their ICD.

Also: You just lost life.
    Last edited by Samin; 2010-08-18 at 01:50 PM.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    I've been playing this game for 24 years now. But whenever I try to kill someone for a quest I'm put in "jail." Jail is a very boring aspect of the game, and makes me wanna quit.
    u srsly need to L2P :\

NERF AL QUEDA KTHXBAI!
    I cant find their WMD's in the programming!

All credit for this sig goes to JustintimeSS

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FunFarm View Post
    So, I were bored, so I thought up this new and exciting game to play.

Life:

Life is a MMRPG (Massive Multiplayer Role Playing Game) where you can only have one character.
    You cannot choose a class instead you expand upon a blank slate from the moment you are born (Character Creation).
    You can do anything you wish for and there is no limitations expect for physical laws and your own sense of right and wrong.
    You can not, not play Life.
    How do I win at life? You can't, it is a MMRPG, and is thereby ever-expanding. New content is constantly being streamed straight to the game world.
    How do I lose at life? You cannot lose at life.
    Leveling up is very simple, you gain one level for every year of played time. Some players will level more slowly than others. (Female Characters develop skills significantly faster than Male Characters upon leveling up)
    In Life, you CAN have a Moose.

Please note that this is merely a joke, it is not intended to be taken seriously in any context in any dimension ever. I sincerely apologize to anyone I may offend with this thread.
    like 2 year ago I saw a forum topic about "The world patchnotes" it was one of the best topics ever, with shit like
    - Taliban have their damage and health pools decreased by 2.
    - A new quests hub is now availible at Uruzgan

all of that kind of jokes, I'll look it up sometime soon and I'll try to ressurect it

Quote Originally Posted by killaklown View Post
    .. is there rez sickness?
    Every Sunday after you raided Heroic Pub the night before.

Oh, and on Monday mornings when you level up your daily professions.

This game is overhyped in my opinion. Sure, the graphics are amazing but the gameplay sucks. You only get one life in battlegrounds and if you try some wPvP in the cities you'll just get hunted down by the overpowered guards. Even if you grind the best gear and manage to escape or fight back they'll eventually find you.

The PvE is equally poor. If you're in decent gear everything becomes completely trivial, but if your gear is bad you'll be eaten alive by the game's tougher mobs. It also suffers from the one-life mechanic. Like PvP, only the elite few are able to truly excel.

Everyone else is left to grind endlessly for currency, which varies by realm, in order to maintain their possessions and hardware. Failure to complete this grind generally leads to a very poor game experience and possibly even early termination of your account.

The players in general don't seem to truly understand game mechanics. We have have millions of theories about them, but still only understand the basics. Of course, this leads to heated debate among the players over which theory is correct. The devs should have taken more care to explain the game mechanics to potential players; it would solve a lot of the arguments among the playerbase.

My last complaint is the maintenance times. In my case, if I don't endure a 5+ hour maintenance every two days at the very least, my hardware starts to fail. While maintenance times vary between players, I find them unnacceptable; they severely detract from my immersion in the game world.

While I do dislike some aspects of the game, I find others very enjoyable. As said previously, the graphics are second to none.. The animations are smooth and very dynamic and some of the scenery is absolutely stunning. Players are also able to develop their own minigames, such as World of Warcraft. These provide a good diversion when Real Life becomes boring.

In conclusion, the insane requirements on PvE and PvP limit the potential of the game for most players, who are left aimlessly grinding until their game time expires. This is offset somewhat by the stunning graphics, physics and animation. Even if you can't take part in the more violent activities Real Life has to offer, you can enjoy the world itself. Other flaws, such as maintenance and extremely complex mechanics, do detract from the experience, but most players should be able to live with them.

I would rate this game a 5/10. It isn't bad, but I probably wouldn't have bought it if I knew more about what I was getting in to.

Deleted
    What's the monthly fee? >.>
    "There is none"
    I AM ROLLING A GOD.

Deleted
    LFM Area 51 raid, epic lewtz!