Thread: Cataclysm CE

Cataclysm CE

Looking for advice on picking up the CE of Cata. For WOTLK, I got lucky 2 times. I walked into Wal-Mart at 10pm, was 2nd in line, waited til midnight at got a CE, which I then sold to a guy at the back of the line (his idea, not mine) for a 30 dollar profit. The next day, on lunch from work, I walked into Target at bought the CE.

I'm counting on not getting that lucky this year, so I was going to pre-order the CE off of Amazon. I don't mind not being able to play the game 3-4 days after it is released, but if I order the CE from Amazon, is that a guarantee that I receive the CE? Or will they ship me the regular game due to them running out of stock. Am I better off doing it at Gamestop or will the result be the same? Just curious. Thanks.

Gamestop is a good choice, I got both my bc CE and wotlk ce(2 copies) from them, but had to pre-order very early.

Ok. But how exactly does it work? If I pre-order and say not make it in at midnight and come in later in the morning, do they give my copy to some-one else? Is it an absolute guarantee that I'll get it at some point. Or will they run out and give me a regular copy. These are the things I worry about.

If you have the money in advance... get two.

Order one online and get one in store.

Use the one you buy in store to play the game straight away and then sell the other for huge profit in 6-9 months time, due to the Lil' Deathwing.

That's my plan.

---------- Post added 2010-08-18 at 07:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bawlls View Post
    Ok. But how exactly does it work? If I pre-order and say not make it in at midnight and come in later in the morning, do they give my copy to some-one else? Is it an absolute guarantee that I'll get it at some point. Or will they run out and give me a regular copy. These are the things I worry about.
    Depends on the store, you could always phone them and ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawlls View Post
    Well I have always gone to the midnight release(they are kind of fun) and it might be best to call Gamestop and just ask them the questions you have. I think if its paid in full they have to hold your copy for you.