Poll: Do you want Karazhan to make a comeback in Cataclysm?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    'Kara was awesome', 'I want kara in cata', 'Kara best raid in TBC'.

Cata arrives: 'Blizzard reusing raids? :/ So lame', 'Can't blizzard make original content?'.

Yes, kara was a really nice raid, bringing it back would be dumb, ulduar was an amazing raid, does that mean it should come back every expansion? No.

No. Everyone and their mom saw Karazhan in TBC.

Besides, do you really want it to suffer the fate of Naxxramas? Scorned, hated and ridiculed the way it is now?
    Elementium on Knaak:
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    He's the Micheal bay of books. He sunk his claws into a popular franchise and is pumping out books with very little plot and a whole lot of descriptions of Rhonins hair and awesomeness and because anyone who wants to know the once rich warcraft lore will buy it the same as a Transformers movie because it's something they love and they keep hoping.
    ~The naaru have not forgotten us... BUT CHRIST METZEN HAS!~

That place never was anything special to me, so not really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eucatastrophe View Post
    No. Everyone and their mom saw Karazhan in TBC.

Besides, do you really want it to suffer the fate of Naxxramas? Scorned, hated and ridiculed the way it is now?
    "omg naxx is like nothing compared to the original"
    u were one of the 2% who did the original naxx?
    "oh shit... um um.... yea of course back when it was just 25 man"
    ..... yea ok

the opinions of most forum posters is irrelevent to me when it comes to stuff like. its usually bull

but kara shouldnt be redone because it was done to death... i hate it because i did it so much

kara crypts on the other hand >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the Karazhan Crypts are better left for a later expansion involving Sargeras attempting to enter Azeroth again (of course we don't kill him... Blizzard will likely pull a Kil'Jaeden on him). If Medivh and Aegwynn are supposedly burried there, you have quite the connection with the general storyline of the future expansion.

Karazhan Catacombs, Tomb of Sargeras... Yeah, it will be a no-brainer we will see the Fallen Titan in the future.

PLEASE DO NOT DO A NAXX WITH IT PLEASE GOD.

Even with my rose tinted nostalgic glasses on I still remember the horrible days of curator-->shade of aran trash... Jesus Christ the amount of trash in that place. Many of the bosses weren't that interesting, Attunem sucked, Moroes sucked, Ilhoof was dull and Prince Malchezaar was incredibly RNG based.

Sure I would love another Chess/Shade of Aran/Moroes fight but tbh I feel the average ability of raiders since those days has vastly decreased and they would just be whined about until blizzard nerfed them into lolencounters.

I would be ok with another wing opening up in it but I would struggle to see any lore behind it

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    please do not do a naxx with it please god.

Even with my rose tinted nostalgic glasses on i still remember the horrible days of curator-->shade of aran trash... Jesus christ the amount of trash in that place. Many of the bosses weren't that interesting, attunem sucked, moroes sucked, ilhoof was dull and prince malchezaar was incredibly rng based.

Sure i would love another chess/shade of aran/moroes fight but tbh i feel the average ability of raiders since those days has vastly decreased and they would just be whined about until blizzard nerfed them into lolencounters.

I would be ok with another wing opening up in it but i would struggle to see any lore behind it
    I will not move when flame wreath is cast
    Or the raid blows up
    God; I hate you people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwntage View Post
    The first 2 replies, and probably 99% of replies will be from people who have no idea of WoW lore.

Kara has EPIC lore surrounding it, Aegwyn and Medivh are rumoured to be buried in Kara Crypts and there is lore behind the mirrored Kara.

With Med'an making an appearing in Cata (Med'an is Medivhs son), there is definately enough lore and real reason to bring Kara back - in a whole new raid (not a recycled Naxx). Kinda like how Blackwing Lair is making its return in the form of Blackwing Decent.
    or maybe some of us aren't fond of kharazan's lore (Med'an is an abomination and if you are fond of him whatsoever please uninstall wow)

I'm fairly indifferent as I'm still unsure if I will return to the game. It would be a shame if they ruined it like they did with naxx(and the game as a whole to be fair) : p
    "He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool." — Brigham Young

kara is fine where it is leave it alone, unless you want it to turn out like naxx, everyone complaining about a good raid that fit the lore, because it's reused content only 1% of the WoW population did back in the day.
    I'm glad to have multiple personalities, if i didn't i would be talking to myself, and that's just insane.

I don't want another Naxx, but my God, I'd shit a house full of poop in joy if they implemented Kara crypts or another Kara wing.

Oh how I pray...

xox

10+ Year Old Account
    I would shit a house in joy if it did.
    lmfao

Quote Originally Posted by Blackriver View Post
    Or the raid blows up
    Oh God

Forget what I said I would have it back just so that once again I could play that on vent on repeat the whole way from Curator to Aran!

Quote Originally Posted by Illidan the Betrayer View Post
    I wanna see a CoT for Karazhan
    maybe the infinite trying to stop medivh
    Uhm... yeah. They already did that. Remember Black Morass?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackriver View Post
    Or the raid blows up
    http://shadeofaranchant.ytmnd.com/

good times.

Not really interested.

I ran that place to death in BC. Sometimes multiple times a week if I felt like playing alts.

Deleted
    i voted indifferent due to the reason that i havent ran the place since SWP came out, cant really remember how dull-a place it really was.

Exactly what WoW needs. More recycled content.

No.

I'm not for a comeback of Karazhan, but alot of people here might have the same opinion but for different reason, essentialy, I see that alot of people fear for a Naxx-80 2.0 (which wasnt too great). But there's a big difference between the 2. The first one is obviously the time between Naxx-Vanilla and Naxx-WOTLK, the game changed quiet alot, mechanics that were new are just old now. They also had to make a 40men raid into a 10/25 men raid, and since they didn't change the fights, they only made it easier to manage, wish made it rediculously easy.

We must also remember that Naxx was an entry-level raid, actualy it was a new attempt from Blizzard to bring casual player to the raid content, meaning that the first raid was made too easy in purpose, making alot of people mad.

Tho, bringing a old content back "COULD" be interesting, but alot of work to "update" fight mechanics to make them different and still challenging but more importantly, suited for 10/25 raids we are now used to. I'm sure that alot of people wouldn't mind playing Kara if it had teleporters lolll. (running to Prince after a unlucky infernal was annoying).

10+ Year Old Account
    Indifferent

brb cats on fire