Poll: wich grade would you give to WOTLK?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    7/10

+ Nice Questlines
    + Beautiful Zones
    + Pretty music
    + Phasing
    + Classes got "normalized"
    - Raiding content lacks
    - "Hardmodes" as filler content
    - "ToC"
    - Progress skippable (WTF. really.)
    - Gearscore stuff, elitists all over the place
    - Deathknights (no, seriously. We don't need them)
    - WHERE IS MAH DANCE STUDIO?
    - LOTS OF BADGES, handle them!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bawl View Post
    7/10

My biggest complaint? They haven't learn from their mistakes in the past.
    Biggest mistake? Their pacing. By the time Cata drops it will have been nearly a full year from ICCs release with very little new content in between. And that's just unacceptable.
    Does ruby sanctum count? Anyway i agree on the no new raid until cata is really really boring

10+ Year Old Account
    7/10

It was good, but had a lot of room for improvement.

What was done well:
    Questing was the greatest of any expansion yet.
    The zones were fantastic.
    Hardmodes were a great idea, and worked great in Ulduar.
    The game became more accessible to casuals. Yes this is a good thing.
    Death Knight's inclusion was a good addition to the game, however could have been balanced better at the start.
    Achievements were a great addition for the completists.
    Duel Specs.

What was done poorly:
    Badges were just... ugh, wtf...
    ToC and Naxx were horrible excuses for content. Naxx was acceptable since many had never done it before, but it wasn't challenging enough, and was pretty much just stomped. ToC wasn't interesting aesthetically. One room? What?
    Dalaran was nice looking, but was horrible to weaker operating systems. Shattrath was the same sadly.
    Hodir grind was stupid at first, they fixed that however and made it too easy later.
    Cutting raids from progression.
    Last edited by Malthurius; 2010-08-20 at 12:06 PM.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

10+ Year Old Account
    I gave 7 out of 10, it excels in some areas like music, environment, features, and balancing (don't care what you say, classes have never been closer in PvE). It loses 3 points because of what they've done to raiding - now I'm not saying it's casual this or that or elite this or that - whatever they've done, they killed it for me. Every guild I joined and the one I was in going from TBC to Wrath died out because of the horrible raiding, and it's spawned a whole new horrible wave of GS whoring terribads, and other nasty raiding habits like not liking to wipe even once.

If cataclysm raiding goes well, that's looking to be a 9/10 at least.
    "The truth, my goal."

7/10 (+) . I like the expansion and the content, but it has had a lot of lacks which pulls it down a little. ToC, any1? It was nice skipping trash the first time or something, but after 10 times? Just boring. Same with ICC, except that it's acctually a new boss or a new heroic to try each reset.

Went with 8/10

While this expansion generally speaking has been very good to me, there have been a few drawbacks. The main two for me would be skippable content and an increasing feel of the world being not quite as large as it used to.

I don't know why but Outland was fun to level through each time I did it. Northrend on the other stopped being fun pretty much after the 2nd time... 3rd was more boring than death. Also, Dalaran, really? Could it have sucked more? 6/10

a 9 out of 10... This expansion tried very hard this year and experimented well with the resources available, but next year when it moves into 3rd Expansion Grade I would like to see some consistency in the way things are handled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firen
    You do realize that this statue has 4 ears?
    Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    We are no loner that funny racist uncle, we are the uncle that abused you as a child.

8/10
    Leveling experience was very cool the first three, even four times. It's a little stale on my seventh (soon eigth toon) but is more fun, though a bunch slower, than BC and a lot of vanilla.
    Class changes and 51 point talents really worked out well. I enjoy all my characters more than I did in TBC because we have so many cool new abilities and talents now.
    Raiding is where it lost its awesomeness. Naxx, having never experienced it at 60, was a nice experience, though quite easy. Cleared 10-man 3rd week into WoTLK (Two weeks after I hit 80), and 25-man the next week with half the people Pugged. Also I would like to mention there was no skillscore addon back then (or it was very underused). Ulduar wowed me and my guild, we cleared it slowly and took time to enjoy it the first four-five-maybe even six runs instead of GOGOGOGO PULL DPS POP CDS HERO HERO POP FUCKING HERO. That was probably the peak of WoW: WoTLK. ToC. Fail. 45 minute raid 4 times a week? Fucking hell. Boring. Get creative blizzard, I wanted to punch them in the face that whole patch. ICC is nice but raiding it for what, 7 months now? Everything except BQL and LK down in heroic 25, everything down in reg 10, heroic 10, reg 25 weekly. Ruby Sanctum is a terrible attempt at a filler. I've done it three times now and I'm bored. Need moar sunwell...
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You do know what islands in the ocean do right?
    They float
    true story

7/10

playable, and certain parts were well done.
    overall i wasn't that impressed, but i wasn't dissapointed either
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Quote Originally Posted by Neldarie View Post
    1/10 worst raiding expansion so far.
    Ya, because there are so many to compare to.
    Never look into the eyes of a horse.
    Your soul will forever be lost in the void of a horse.

8/10
    The content was fitting, for the most part. Questing was great. The only real issues I have are that blizzard allows gear scores to remain, simply because of the animosity it causes. And the stat scaling on the gear. I really think player output potential was too strong versus the content(in 95% of cases), it just made mistakes too easy to recover from. The problem wasn't the difficulty of the raids, it is that we've been given so many tools in so many places that simply cannot be countered for in design mechanics. If they break gear scoring, and break addons that assist with rotations, and reduce capabilities boss mods have, I'd say they'd find balancing content much easier.
    Quite often, the difference between an idiot and a genius is simply a matter of success rate.

It would be 9/10, but this VERY LARGE GAP of content is just unacceptable. it's just boring atm
    I haven't played wow in 3 weeks, while I have all the time in the world, and still have 4 months left on my account.
    with that in mind, I"l give it a 7/10

6/10. I'm feelign a bit depressed atm and I don't like giving odd number scores... (uhh)

Plus, great questlines, hardmodes are a good design in raids. Sadly I did not run ulduar as I was on a break at that time. ICC is good though, especially LK being damn hard all in all.

A big minus on their plate is the pvp balance. Cleaves were the only way to play not counting rmp in the 3v3 bracket (I may be generalizing a bit too much here), though eventually cheese comps like double healer emerged because of warriors with lolweaponsdbwlolshadowmournelol. Burst was out of control (but let's not go back to druid/warrior in tbc, god). It was just too badly handled I'd say.

The big cool feature Wintergrasp turned out to be a lagfest of epic proportions and instance servers cried for mercy when they were no longer able to launch. Zones used to lag all over northrend once wg started. The new battleground was somewhat meh, though I'd say it's better than epople say it is.

Naxx was somewhat too easy (EXCEPT FOR HEIGAN HE WAS SO HARD ), dungeons/heroics were ugly aoefests (also, charged flurry in HoL. What the fuck were you thinking, an ability that will wipe the whole party in a dungeon not nearly as hard given to a random trash mob? Sure I can handle alone when tanking mostly, but most do not have my leet skills).

</walloftext>
    Facile pi?

BEWARE:

I get annoyed easily by people who are slow-minded, and people who spell badly. Oh, and if you want to use the "not my first language" excuse, it isn't mine either.

They introduced some excellent new features in this expansion which I hope sticks around.
    Reputation tabards- no more running the same dungeon 1000 times to get rep.
    LFG tool- no more being stuck looking for a tank or healer for the daily heroic.
    Rep filling- once your done with tabards then the system starts using the rep earned towards other factions in that expansion.
    Different sized raid dungeons- I enjoyed TOC since it was a break from the huge raid dungeons and the one boss dungeons.
    These are just a few of the features my sleepy mind came up with.

6/10
    - absolute fail of item design. icc geared toons don't reach ridiculous numbers because blizzard just added more Ilvls than intended to, but also because naxx gear was ridiculously overtuned => my mage had more %crit and %haste in naxx gear than he had in hyjal/bt gear @lvl70

- absolute fail of item design pt 2.
    caster dps specs : spirit is close to useless to us, yet our gear is craploaded with spirit
    blizzard : k, we'll try to make spirit interesting for dps
    caster : spirit still is close to useless, we don't need nor want spirit gear
    blizzard : our previous attempt wasn't convincing enough ? k, we'll ship a raid craploaded with spi gear.
    caster : WE DON'T FUCKING WANT SPIRIT ON OUR GEAR FFS
    blizzard: we forgot some spi gear in ulduar, so we'll ship it in ToC
    caster : ...
    blizzard : spirit will be a healer only stat in cata

- absolute fail of internal and public testing. i know, testing isn't an absolute science and some bug slip through but... some that should never have made it past any kind of test made it live. if there was only one to tell about... well... ask ensidia about it.
    10 years ago we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash. Now we have no Jobs, no Hope and no Cash.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I voted 7/10. Now, I came to WoW at the end of last year (two weeks before Patch 3.3) with zero MMO experience, so maybe my views are flawed. What I've noticed is there's too much emphasis on gear and wanting to outgear things before doing them. I've regularly seen people wanting ToC groups and demanding a 5k or higher GS. I've seen people ridiculed in regular heroics for not having 5k GS or being fresh 80s who are doing like 1.5k DPS which I understand was the norm when Wrath launched.

The raiding scene just seems weird to me, as you can basically skip everything except ICC and possibly ToC as there are still upgrades there, but nobody does Naxx except if it's the weekly. Nobody bothers with Ulduar except to try Hard Modes for the proto-drake. That comes off as... wrong to me, because there's no "learning how to raid". You get fresh 80s who are used to facerolling heroics with overgeared groups getting badge gear (also a bad idea IMO) and then jumping into the endgame raid with no idea of HOW to raid since they're used to outgearing and not having to think in heroics. Heroics, I thought, were supposed to teach you the basics of raiding like "Stop DPS on boss, DPS adds", "Run away from boss when he does X" and other such mechanics, but now that mostly everyone outgears the heroic you don't have to do any of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    vanilla 9/10
    tbc 7/10
    wotlk 8.5/10
    cata 11/10 hopefully

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne62682 View Post
    I voted 7/10. Now, I came to WoW at the end of last year (two weeks before Patch 3.3) with zero MMO experience, so maybe my views are flawed. What I've noticed is there's too much emphasis on gear and wanting to outgear things before doing them. I've regularly seen people wanting ToC groups and demanding a 5k or higher GS. I've seen people ridiculed in regular heroics for not having 5k GS or being fresh 80s who are doing like 1.5k DPS which I understand was the norm when Wrath launched.

The raiding scene just seems weird to me, as you can basically skip everything except ICC and possibly ToC as there are still upgrades there, but nobody does Naxx except if it's the weekly. Nobody bothers with Ulduar except to try Hard Modes for the proto-drake. That comes off as... wrong to me, because there's no "learning how to raid". You get fresh 80s who are used to facerolling heroics with overgeared groups getting badge gear (also a bad idea IMO) and then jumping into the endgame raid with no idea of HOW to raid since they're used to outgearing and not having to think in heroics. Heroics, I thought, were supposed to teach you the basics of raiding like "Stop DPS on boss, DPS adds", "Run away from boss when he does X" and other such mechanics, but now that mostly everyone outgears the heroic you don't have to do any of that.
    This pretty much sums it up, my thoughts also.
    In Classic you had to raid from the beginning, you couldn't just skip Content. You progressed through MC / ZG / AQ20 / BWL / AQ40 and finally took step in Naxx.
    Now you can just get 80, grind badges (by doing regular dungeons) and step into endgame content. I entered ICC with Itemlvl232 through dungeons and I'm now ICC25 geared. Easy. But it's sad

Quote Originally Posted by Siton View Post
    Ya, because there are so many to compare to.
    2 is more then enough, but ye maby 1 was abit too harsh, maby 3/10 if ya take all aspects such as lvling and class normalization. But since I only really care about raiding and such: WotLK had almost absolutely nothing to offer after its counterparts; TBC and Vanilla. PS: Even heroics were utter horrible, right from the start when you didn't overgear em to insanity.