Priest changes Patch 12803

Priest Changes

Holy

Twirling Light - New spell. When you deal damage with Smite, Holy Fire, or Holy Word: Chastise your next Flash Heal is instant at 75% reduced mana cost, but heals for 30/60% of the amount. Lasts for 10 sec. (Rank 1, Holy, Priest)
    Revelations [NNF] - New spell. While in a Chakra state, your Holy Word: Chastise ability will transform into a different ability depending on which state you are in. Holy Word: Serenity (Heal) - Instantly heals the target for 262, and increases the critical effect chance of your healing spells on the target by 25% for . 45 sec cooldown. Holy Word: Aspire (Renew) - Instantly heals the target for 638 and another 798 over . 15 sec cooldown. Holy Word: Sanctuary (Prayer of Healing) - Blesses the ground with Divine light, healing all within it for 1826 every 2 for 15 sec. Only one Sanctuary can be active at any one time. (Passive, Holy, None)
    Holy Word: Chastise - New spell. Chastise the target for 544 to 653 Holy damage, and Immobilizing them for 2 sec. (Level 1, Holy, Priest)
    Serendipity - When you heal with Binding Heal or Flash Heal, the cast time of your next Greater Heal or Prayer of Healing spell is reduced by 10/20% (up from 6/12%) and mana cost reduced by 5/10%. Stacks up to 2 times. Lasts 20 sec.
    Holy Concentration - Increases the amount of mana regeneration while in combat by an additional 10/20%.

Shadow

Mind Flay - Range increased to 40 yd from 30 yd.
    Devouring Plague - Range increased to 40 yd from 30 yd.
    Mind Sear - Range increased to 35 yd from 30 yd.
    Mind Spike - Range increased to 35 yd from 30 yd.
    Mind Control - Range increased to 30 yd from 20 yd. Cast time reduced to 2 sec from 3 sec.
    Mind Blast - Range increased to 40 yd from 30 yd.
    Darkness - Spell haste increased by 1/2/3%. Changed from spell damage.

Discipline

Renewed Hope - Increases the critical effect chance of your Flash Heal, Greater Heal, Heal and Penance (Heal) spells by 5/10% (up from 3/6%) on targets afflicted by the Weakened Soul effect.

source: nihilum.eu
    <inactive>

Yay @ 8% basehaste for shadowpriests.

The holy priest chances are incredible good and look like a lot of fun. And 3 effects on just one button!

If this IS real then I just creamed my pants. Please please please let it be real! So much awesomesauce...

Deleted
    According to this thread nihilum posted it before the servers was even brought down.
    They probably used Saronite Bombs to get them in advance!

As always I'm skeptical about patch information before it's confirmed, but these changes seem about right:
    -Holy gets a spell that is useful for leveling and morphs into a handy healing tool
    -There's now enough worthwhile points in Shadow to subspec as Disc or Holy
    -Holy gained actual nuking synergy. Thus far the only option it had was Archangel in the Disc tree.
    -Tip of the hat to Danner's concerns with mana regeneration as Holy

Edit: I just noticed the Serendipity change. I feel downright psychic if these are true.
    Last edited by Neichus; 2010-08-20 at 11:31 PM.

Deleted
    Great changes for holy.
    Lets just hope they revamp disc too, after they made it unplayable ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    As always I'm skeptical about patch information before it's confirmed, but these changes seem about right:
    -Holy gets a spell that is useful for leveling and morphs into a handy healing tool
    -There's now enough worthwhile points in Shadow to subspec as Disc or Holy
    -Holy gained actual nuking synergy. Thus far the only option it had was Archangel in the Disc tree.
    -Tip of the hat to Danner's concerns with mana regeneration as Holy

Edit: I just noticed the Serendipity change. I feel downright psychic if these are true.
    Serendipity was increased because it went to 2 ranks instead of 3. So it should remain about the same.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

YAY CHASTISE IS BACK!

I loved that ability

God thank Blizzard, Chastise is just the thing I need, melees have been driving me crazy!

Great for Holy.

Still waiting for them to do something to compensate disc for shield nerfs.

Well it says you can only be in one sanctuary at one time. May i ask what other sanctuary you could be in (Sorry if i missed it). And for the renew chas, does it just heal the extra amount of 15 seconds, or is there a set time?

Thread locked. Awesome info. Please continue the discussions in the appropriate 4.0 stickies. That's why they're there.

---------- Post added 2010-08-21 at 11:05 AM ----------

To clarify, on this, I love having people come here and post beta build info, and getting it out there for all to see. I just feel like we can funnel the discussions about the changes into a topic dedicated to what we're looking like at 4.0.

If that means I sticky the thread until next beta build, well that's one way of doing this to keep the info out there. If it means I do the Paladin thing, well... I don't think we have the forum traffic to support that model. QQ

If anyone has any comments or suggestions on a better way to do this, please, message me.

---------- Post added 2010-08-21 at 11:06 AM ----------

And my thanks go out to Theed.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~