Remote Guild Chat question

Not sure where to post this, but I'm just wondering if it's possible to use(sign up for) the remote guild chat function if my game sub is canceled?

Kinda bored of the game, but I'd still like to chat with some of my friends, so I'm wondering if that's possible. Also, am I only able to chat with guildies and no one else like people on my friend list?

Hoping there's some experienced users out there who can tell me. Thanks

Deleted
    I'm afraid it'll be auto cancelled when you cancel your sub

World of Warcraft Remote is a subscription-based service that costs $2.99 (USD) for 30 days of access, and requires an active, paid World of Warcraft subscription with up-to-date payment information.

The billing cycle for World of Warcraft Remote is independent of your World of Warcraft game subscription cycle. If you cancel your subscription to World of Warcraft, the associated World of Warcraft Remote subscription will be cancelled automatically as well, and any remaining time on the World of Warcraft Remote subscription will be frozen until you reactivate your World of Warcraft subscription. If you resubscribe to World of Warcraft in the future, you will need to reinstate your World of Warcraft Remote subscription separately.
    Source: WoW Remote GChat FAQ