10+ Year Old Account

Deadzone might be gone.

Think Blizz will actually remove deadzone?
    *Read new hunter changes*
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

I'm just gonna assume that its not and is just a miscommunication like other weird/odd changes from the past because I don't want to get my hopes up, would be freaking awesome if it really is gone though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    /bitchslap
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Fuck you, I was working.

I am confused. What deadzone do you speak of? I know there used to be a deadzone in classic for hunters where they couldn't shoot or melee but if that is what you are talking about it was fixed ages ago.

Doubtful.

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post
    I am confused. What deadzone do you speak of? I know there used to be a deadzone in classic for hunters where they couldn't shoot or melee but if that is what you are talking about it was fixed ages ago.
    were talking about melee range where we can ONLY melee and can't shoot, its taken on the dead term of deadzone since the original deadzone is gone
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    /bitchslap
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Fuck you, I was working.

Yah sorry guys, there hasn't been a dead zone for patches and patches. The only class that actually has a "dead zone" is warrior, and even that is pushing it.

---------- Post added 2010-08-21 at 01:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gannandorf1 View Post
    were talking about melee range where we can ONLY melee and can't shoot, its taken on the dead term of deadzone since the original deadzone is gone
    Well if thats the case then I am really sad, hunter is already really easy. Why even kite melee if you got the jump on them? And what would casters do to survive?

Bug or a blue fucked up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kovek View Post
    Yah sorry guys, there hasn't been a dead zone for patches and patches. The only class that actually has a "dead zone" is warrior, and even that is pushing it.

---------- Post added 2010-08-21 at 01:09 AM ----------

Well if thats the case then I am really sad, hunter is already really easy. Why even kite melee if you got the jump on them? And what would casters do to survive?
    You kite melee so they can't hit you back. Yeah it's annoying in PvP but it has it's problems in PvE too. Hunters can't stack on some bosses, like Marrowgar, and it may be affecting some mechanics they are working on in Cata. It'd be really nice if they got rid of it and it would not make Hunters OP. No other range class has that dead zone so all it would do is balance use with the rest of them.

Each of the hunter specs still has a "Primary Skill" (the ones learned upon reaching level 10 and choosing a specialization) that includes "Reduces the pushback suffered from damaging attacks while casting..." which I believe was a pre-cursor to the removal of the 5yd minimum range (aka the very small dead zone we still have on live.) I think Blizzard wants us to function more like casters instead of having one bizarre class with a mechanic that is often crippling in PvE.

While I would like to see this, I am somewhat concerned about the implications of pushback on our resource regeneration because we'd effectively be getting penalized twice for getting pushed back. We aren't dealing damage, and we aren't regenerating our resource. However, the balancing of the pushback resistance numbers (currently 70%) could be taking that into account.

15+ Year Old Account
    Off Topic :all right idk what you think about this but i think it might be a great idea to help hunters when they are trapped close to targets.
    *New* When you are within 3 yards of a person your shot damg in increased by 10% because you have entered point blank range. ( although for pve we would have hunters in melee range now) there would have to be some upside to hunter range in pve.

On Topic: i think there should be no dead zone. The only time your should be swinging your weapon is if you press a ability that makes you use your weapon, such as wing clip. if u are face to face with a peron you should still be able to shoot them. i mean IRL u can shoot someone if your right next to them. (yea i know its now IRL but it makes sence)

10+ Year Old Account
    ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̡͌l
    I don't think there's even a little bit of a chance this change will happen.

When people ask about hunters' dead-zone blues usually give the same old shitty, "the dead-zone was gone a long time ago lol, btw I'm totally tone deaf to what you're talking about and don't want to recognize that the minimum range is a serious disadvantage so I'll just give a condescending smart ass answer by setting up a straw-man and knocking it down," kind of response.

Blizz doesn't want to go through the tweaking it would take to get rid of minimum range, I don't even think they really care how frustrating it can be; they've made this evident in their posts time and time again. So no, I think the chances that blizz would change this are slim to none.

If the change did happen though I'd be more than happy to eat my words. No dead-zone > slight e-embarrassment

---------- Post added 2010-08-20 at 10:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Arch View Post
    Each of the hunter specs still has a "Primary Skill" (the ones learned upon reaching level 10 and choosing a specialization) that includes "Reduces the pushback suffered from damaging attacks while casting..." which I believe was a pre-cursor to the removal of the 5yd minimum range (aka the very small dead zone we still have on live.) I think Blizzard wants us to function more like casters instead of having one bizarre class with a mechanic that is often crippling in PvE.

While I would like to see this, I am somewhat concerned about the implications of pushback on our resource regeneration because we'd effectively be getting penalized twice for getting pushed back. We aren't dealing damage, and we aren't regenerating our resource. However, the balancing of the pushback resistance numbers (currently 70%) could be taking that into account.
    tbh I think there's a decent chance he's right. I'm just accustomed to the fact that if something sounds to good to be true it probably is.