Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Volley Removed in Latest Beta Build

It hasn't been reported on the main page yet, so I don't know if it's a bug or not, but Volley has been removed from the game in the latest beta build.

Assuming it's been removed so they can tweak it, because it wouldn't exactly make any sense to totally remove the ability of a hunter to do any kind of respectable AOE.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Assuming it's been removed so they can tweak it, because it wouldn't exactly make any sense to totally remove the ability of a hunter to do any kind of respectable AOE.
    AoE is pretty terrible on the beta realms, hardly worth using at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PickledOnion View Post
    AoE is pretty terrible on the beta realms, hardly worth using at all.
    Numbers are still in flux. Don't worry about the damage of anything yet.

Rather odd for them to just remove Volley, though. Either they expect us to act more like melee (weaving Multi-Shot in on cooldown), Herecius is right and they're just redesigning it, or it disappearing is a bug. Let's hope it's one of the latter two.

They probably expect us to weave in multi's and trap launched explosives.

It was a little silly to use volley since your focus would regen before your volley was done. It was either remove it, or make it a 1 time damage ability like a targeted fan of knives.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Quote Originally Posted by VonGimli View Post

It was a little silly to use volley since your focus would regen before your volley was done. It was either remove it, or make it a 1 time damage ability like a targeted fan of knives.
    I really wish they would make it a target AoE, like what rangers have in Aion. /other game drama

Quote Originally Posted by VonGimli View Post

How are we supposed to 'weave' in trap-launched explosive traps when the launcher is on a gigantic 1 minute CD? And even then, by itself, Explosive Trap is barely effective, supplemental at best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    How are we supposed to 'weave' in trap-launched explosive traps when the launcher is on a gigantic 1 minute CD? And even then, by itself, Explosive Trap is barely effective, supplemental at best.
    They can make Explosive tick harder if necessary. And reduce Trap Launcher's cooldown if they expect us to use traps all the time.

I'm still hoping they return Volley though...I notice they didn't say anything about it in the blue post clearing up some of the major changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering how much I afk on trash, if volley was removed, it really wouldn't bother me.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    They can make Explosive tick harder if necessary. And reduce Trap Launcher's cooldown if they expect us to use traps all the time.
    changes.
    Trap Launcher doesn't have a CD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PickledOnion View Post
    Trap Launcher doesn't have a CD.
    Mmm, indeed, it appears that they removed it at some point.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Considering how much I afk on trash, if volley was removed, it really wouldn't bother me.
    Id get out of that frame of mind come Cata, trash won't be a pushover like it was in WotLK anymore.
    Dreadmaul US Horde - "Dragonsworn of the Bronze Flight"

gotta be a bug, they don't do big stealth nerfs like this without announcing it...even if it is a beta :x
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

It won't be entirely removed, its either been temporarily removed for tweaking, or its just bugged out, a lot of spells keep bugging out and disappearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I really wish they would make it a target AoE, like what rangers have in Aion. /other game drama
    Like the huntress in wc3... bounce off the target.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Pretty much this. I can't be bothered about trash. Just auto-shot or cast some spells. Yes, I slack.

I hope they chage the spell graphic of volley. Our current version looks kinda lame compared to other AOEs like hurricane and rain of fire.

I really like the volley the trash mobs use in the gauntlet leading up to Dreamwalker. Probably won't happen, but it would be nice imo.
    This space for rent.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravasha View Post
    Pretty much this. I can't be bothered about trash. Just auto-shot or cast some spells. Yes, I slack.
    I think that if you do this in Cata, you will come back to your keyboard after AFK to find yourself kicked out of the group and/or dead. >.>

Blizz has done their best to hammer it into our heads that "trash" mobs will actually require thinking and effort to kill, which is a far cry from where we are today. I know that if I was in a heroic 5man pug and someone else went afk during combat, they would be getting the boot.

Deleted
    Considering it was critting for 1200 on the PTR its no big loss atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Speshuled View Post
    I hope they chage the spell graphic of volley. Our current version looks kinda lame compared to other AOEs like hurricane and rain of fire.

I really like the volley the trash mobs use in the gauntlet leading up to Dreamwalker. Probably won't happen, but it would be nice imo.
    That's what it was in the wrath beta but decided against it for some reason.