Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphk View Post
    I just have a few questions:

1) Was Lacerate's damage nerfed overall or did they maintain similar damage output at 3 stacks rather than 5?

2) Will Glyph of Lacerate change now that we can only have 3 stacks? It might as well just apply three stacks glyphed rather than just two.

3) Will thorns get a CD? Is it self only now? Will we be able to cast it in form? From the looks of it, Rogues are gonna dislike us a lot more & we're gonna be very popular for power leveling lowbie characters by being ungrouped with them & just hotting / thorns on them.

I think Pulverize shouldn't even provide crit buff. I think they should be more creative with it than that.
    1) Lacerates overall damage is the same as 3/5 Lacerates were in the previous build, so the damage/threat is pretty weak =/ Perhaps its a way to make us use the Pulverize mechanic?

2) Any Glyph thoughts are speculation atm., and seeing as we already have a talented 3-stacks FFF, I can't see why they wouldn't do the same about Lacerate. I can easily find some ALMOST useless talents to put into it instead.

3) The new Thorns is just weird... It's nice on pulls, but tbh, we now have such massive AoE from Thrash and Swipe that we don't need it anymore for the passive threat. 1 less buff to take care of ^^ You can cast it on others and it is damn fun to do in BGs where you see a healer getting pummeled by a Rogue :P

The crit buff is fine with me ^^ threat and defense.

I think someone on the beta forums said that casting Thorns in Bear form will shift you out.

10+ Year Old Account
    hmm, for Berserk, something like, your mangle also Lacerates the targets? That would increase Berserks cata capability. Also, right now, Beserk is far from useless. I tend to use it during Bloodlusts, to keep threat from any happy dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearshield View Post
    I think someone on the beta forums said that casting Thorns in Bear form will shift you out.
    Could still be cast when the boss is casting/transitioning I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by bavarcarus View Post
    Could still be cast when the boss is casting/transitioning I suppose
    I know some bear tanks (including myself) would abuse any free GCD to pop up Thorns with the current beta version. However, Blizz does tend to focus on the average player to some degree, and with the current version of Thorns, the average druid tank would not ever use Thorns (quite possibly the average moonkin/resto, either). I'd be rather sad if Thorns has to become a more interesting mechanic at the cost of becoming almost purely PvP-oriented. Granted, only tanks really care about Thorns in PvE, but it still has a 100% use time for those tanks.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    well bezerk was never a verry good talent for bears right now its even less good for bears. ofc the new magle is nice but i dont knoqw if i still want to take my 31-talent pointer, but then again i NEED to take it to unluck the restoO tree right :/

personaly i ma more concerned about pulverise as atm we didnt know what use it be and now it has even less use lol
    I have no idea what your talking about. On a single target fight berserking is a fairly decent threat increase. With a proper bear rotation it basically comes along the lines of using mangle and faerie fire on cooldown. Keeping lacerate rolling and using swipe as a filler. (Even on single targets). While berserked one can use mangle as a filler which has a much higher threat output. (In terms of raw damage i see 2k swipe crits vs 8k+ mangle crits)

well bezerk was never a verry good talent for bears right now its even less good for bears. ofc the new magle is nice but i dont knoqw if i still want to take my 31-talent pointer, but then again i NEED to take it to unluck the restoO tree right :/

personaly i ma more concerned about pulverise as atm we didnt know what use it be and now it has even less use lol
    actualy u dont, u only need 31 points, not have a point in ur 31points talent.

oke there technicly is not a pulverise nerf but since lacate stacks up to 3 times <snip>
    My tired eyes completely read 'lactate' there about 3 times. I was momentarily deeply disturbed about what's going on with ferals in the beta. >.>

Quote Originally Posted by DrNemesis View Post
    My tired eyes completely read 'lactate' there about 3 times. I was momentarily deeply disturbed about what's going on with ferals in the beta. >.>
    Someone just leaks one of the new tauren racials: you'll be able to supply your own "conjured" milk drinks... if you're a druid, you can do it in Bear form.

On a more serious note, I think the bigger issue is whether Berserk in it's current form would be useful in Cataclysm. As it stands now, it would just be a Fear breaker for druid tanks on a 3 minute cooldown with the Mangle change. Hence, why there's a slight uproar about it (but I highly doubt Berserk will stay in its current form if the Mangle change sticks).
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by killarth View Post
    I have no idea what your talking about. On a single target fight berserking is a fairly decent threat increase. With a proper bear rotation it basically comes along the lines of using mangle and faerie fire on cooldown. Keeping lacerate rolling and using swipe as a filler. (Even on single targets). While berserked one can use mangle as a filler which has a much higher threat output. (In terms of raw damage i see 2k swipe crits vs 8k+ mangle crits)
    I'm not saying that this isn't true, because it is, but in Cata, mangle (bear) doesn't have a cooldown anymore.