Thread: Build 12803

Build 12803

80 Asmodan
    < No Expectations >Azgalor 0. [Cataclysm Mage] - Build 12803 (8/20/2010) 08/21/2010 04:24:39 AM PDT
    Glyphs

Glyph of the Bear Cub was renamed to Glyph of the Monkey - Your Polymorph: Sheep spell polymorphs the target into a monkey instead.

Glyph of Pyroblast - Unknown - NYI - http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/62763/glyph-of-pyroblast/

Glyph of Conjuring - Unknown - NYI - http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/62773/glyph-of-conjuring/

New Enchants

Formula: Enchant Weapon - Power Torrent -> Permanently enchants a weapon to sometimes increase spell power when casting spells or striking in melee. Requires a level 300 or higher item - http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/52733/f...power-torrent/

Formula: Enchant Cloak - Greater Critical Strike -> Permanently enchants a cloak to increase critical strike rating by 65. Requires a level 300 or higher item -> http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/52737/f...itical-strike/

Formula: Enchant Bracer - Greater Critical Strike -> Permanently enchants bracers to increase critical strike rating by 65. Requires a level 300 or higher item -> http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/52738/f...itical-strike/

Formula: Enchant Chest - Peerles Stats -> Permanently enchants chest armor to increase all stats by 20. Requires a level 300 or higher item -> http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/52739/f...peerles-stats/

Arcane

Polymorph now has a 2 sec cast time, up from 1.5 sec. (All forms of Polymorph affected)

Arcane Intellect now provides the 6% spell power buff.

Fire

Combustion is now implemented.

Frost

Frost Mastery (Frostburn) now increases damage done to frozen targets instead of causing Frostbolt to apply a debuff that increases damage taken.

I got this from worldofwarcraft.com

15+ Year Old Account
    Frost Mastery (Frostburn) now increases damage done to frozen targets instead of causing Frostbolt to apply a debuff that increases damage taken.

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

isn't that what the glyph of deep freeze was supposed to do?
    BfA Beta Time

I'm still wondering where they'll add the 10%SP buff to fire that was announced.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

isn't that what the glyph of deep freeze was supposed to do?
    this probably means ffb will never substitute frostbolt as the main spell, which is likely the reason they made the change

also we dont know if they even want frostbolt to be affected by this in regards to pvp
    Last edited by Micke; 2010-08-22 at 08:17 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    in pve, it will only work on FoF procs which makes it the worst mastery UNLESS the damage increase is high enough to counter the low proc rate.
    in pvp, it works with frost nova, freeze, deep freeze, imp CoC, and FoF procs which makes it waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too useful resulting in quick nerfs.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    in pve, it will only work on FoF procs which makes it the worst mastery UNLESS the damage increase is high enough to counter the low proc rate.
    in pvp, it works with frost nova, freeze, deep freeze, imp CoC, and FoF procs which makes it waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too useful resulting in quick nerfs.

Dont forget that in this build they also increased the proc chance of FoF to 30% up from 15%.

I haven't been following mages too closely but wasn't the Mastery supposed to make Ice Lance a good spell to use in a rotation? This new one sounds like that wont be the case. Ice Lance was only used with FoF (and this mastery only works with FoF) as a "ghost charge," you're still going to spam Frostbolt...

Quote Originally Posted by Rahdik View Post
    I haven't been following mages too closely but wasn't the Mastery supposed to make Ice Lance a good spell to use in a rotation? This new one sounds like that wont be the case. Ice Lance was only used with FoF (and this mastery only works with FoF) as a "ghost charge," you're still going to spam Frostbolt...
    AFAIK:

Base damage of IL was increased, but you only do double damage to frozen targets.
    Shatter: triples crit rating to a frozen target (works on all spells).
    FoF: 30 chance that your spells with a chill effect (apparently there's a bug piercing chill double the chance) gives you the FoF effect; which causes your next IL, DF, FFB act as if the target was frozen. Stacks up to 2 times.
    imp freeze: your pet's freeze ability instantly gives you FoF charges.

So FB procs FoF, but doesn't get affected by it, so spamming FB without using IL is a dps loss.

There is some discussion on the beta forums about whether we should use FB or FFB as filler spell. The decision depends on the fact that ghost charges will be fixed and whether FFB gets affected by FoF or not.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

I would imagine FFB shouldn't be affected by FoF otherwise the only time you would IL is if you have 2 charges and DF is on cooldown.