Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

How to invade an Alliance capital

I was reading this thread about which capital would be the hardest to invade, so I just had to make a thread like this to see if it is really true. Share your thoughts and tactics to invade an Alliance capital in Cataclysm!

I'll start with Ironforge, since everyone seems to think it is the hardest place to invade lorewise. Which I can hardly belive...

How to destroy Ironforge

Step 1: Send spies inside Ironforge to examine the lava current and ventilation, and deep underwater to find a weak spot to explode Deeprum Tram's tunnels.

Step 2: Order Sylvanas to send her legions from the north. Order Blood Elves to defend and patrol the north area. Use Goblins and their submarines to blow up the tunnels. Tell Sylvanas about the ventilation and the lava currents. She will do the rest with some Plague and goblin explosives.

Step 3: Infiltrate some soldiers/mercenaries equipped with masks and Plague that were in the submarines through the dwarven side of Deeprum Tram and get their attention so their defences are concentrated in the Tinker Town. Push main army over the mountain path to Ironforge's main gate at the same time.

Step 4A: Force the Dwarves to close the main gate. Block it from the other side. The rest can be left to the Plague, lack of oxygen and food supplies. Block all exits with Plague. Leave half the army and advance south to join the orcish/troll/tauren/goblin army coming from Stranglethorn Vale. Next stop, Stormwind.

Step 4B: If the Dwarves leave the doors open send your abominations, giants and siege to break their lines and to confront dwarven siege. Command your footsoldiers and cavalry (if any, there has to be) to push them back. Blow up the lava with explosives or mages/warlocks, block the ventilations so that the heat consumes all oxygen (Forsaken almost never breathe and rest have masks). Order the small army in Tinker Town to flood the place with Plague, then retreat back to the submarines to fight any Gnome force coming. Send in Dark Rangers and Val'kyrs to hunt down any Humans and resurrect them. Have some catapults with Plague faced against the mountain path, also rangers, just in case anything comes. Block all exits with Plague.

K.O.!

Those who post a good tactic/scenario will be showed in this post.
    Last edited by mmocfcdfd48e5e; 2010-08-21 at 03:51 PM.

Deleted
    How do conquer Horde towns:
    Ogrimmar: Drop a skybreaker nuke
    Thunder Bluff: Drop a skybreaker nuke
    Undercity: Drop a skybreaker nuke trough lordaeron and here you go mass grave.
    Silvermoon: Drop a skybreaker nuke
    K.O.
    Clearly a horde fanboy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or could just put poison in their ale.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    You're right. Blizzard shouldn't have temporarily banned you. They should have sent a couple employees to your residence to Jay and Silent Bob you.
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    I saved a man's life today by performing brain surgery and removing a tumor the size of a quarter from his frontal lobes. God damnit I wish I wasn't ignorant though, cause I have no idea what an LSAT is. I don't know the radius of the Moon either.
    I took part in the LSAT/Cataclysm release date thread.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nahte View Post
    Or could just put poison in their ale.
    I lol'd

Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    K.O.
    Clearly a horde fanboy.
    He who lives in a glasshouse shouldn't throw stones

who you gonna send for spys goblins with gnome masks lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snekilito View Post
    He who lives in a glasshouse shouldn't throw stones
    That one is by Konfutsii (or whatewer his name is spelled )

Yes your plan might work 50/50 you dont know what the alliance can do they have spies as well. Its super easy to counter every one of your steps and unless everything goes out without a hitch your plan wont work. IF is the hardest to breach i dont see how that is hard for you to see. Air focres and bunkers around the mountain connected to the city that wont stand by and watch while a army invades.
    Last edited by Mesovr; 2010-08-21 at 04:39 PM.
    Pretend this is a amazing sig with my character holding an legendary.

Deleted
    Also u forgot that the plague is forbidden by garosh.
    Yes, the undead can use it in their lands but Garrosh would know if they did this in an attack.
    He is honorable and wont allow it, because he would wish to kill them all with his axe.

yeah garrosh would eliminate some forsaken if they used the plague in this way

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    K.O.
    Clearly a horde fanboy.
    You just won.

Also u forgot that the plague is forbidden by garosh.
    Yes, the undead can use it in their lands but Garrosh would know if they did this in an attack.
    He is honorable and wont allow it, because he would wish to kill them all with his axe.
    yep and if the horde invade without the lame plague the battle would be 100 times way more epic and the horde would probably win unless stormwind pulls a rohan type counter attack

Also ye every town can be destroyed with a big enough bomb or massive use of plague. Ironforge still is the hardest one to take down using those tactics though.
    Pretend this is a amazing sig with my character holding an legendary.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunner45 View Post
    yep and if the horde invade without the lame plague the battle would be 100 times way more epic and the horde would probably win unless stormwind pulls a rohan type counter attack
    Im not sure about that...

15+ Year Old Account
    I can bet that Sylvanas nor Garrosh can think of that. You know, both having rotten brains and all.

1 flaw in your plan. Where is the water? I know it shows an ocean when you are on the tram, but if you look on the map, there is no body of water between SW and IF. Nice try though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    1 flaw in your plan. Where is the water? I know it shows an ocean when you are on the tram, but if you look on the map, there is no body of water between SW and IF. Nice try though.
    This is underground water, first dig, then swim ^^

Have 10 Horde ride into SW or IF and destroy everything while alliance just sits there and watches while making anal "jokes" in tradechat...like what happpens everyday on my server.

Ironforge defending 101.

-Horde forces get tired easily as none of thema re used to the snow and the cold temparature.
    -Use aircrafts/gryphons to bombard any horde invasion, before they even get close to IF.
    -Should they come clsoe enough, they still need to walk that narrow, long path to the top. Which is easily defendable, jsut place a few tanks on it and blast the horde away. (not to mention taht fighting on a slope is a benefactor for the force on top)
    -Should Sylvanas use her plague, call for reinforcements from Gilneas, they can use the deeprun tram, from waht I have heard, worgen are immune to the plague. And if they are not, just call for paladin reinforcements, they are definetely immune to the plague.
    -Should they try to nuke the place, IF is in a mountain and will survive it better then any other city.
    -Should they try to drill their way in, you could hear them comming from miles away and prepare a series of firelines to kill any intruders the moment they step in.
    -should horde try to block the entrance to deny IF supplies, then any other alliance race can jsut nuke the horde forces as they are out in the open, in the snow where its hard to move away very fast. They are sitting ducks for aerial assault.
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

also if leaving half the army didnt work for doomhammer how it gonna work now? Attacking stormwind while your besieging something is gonna cost the horde the war like in the 2nd war