Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Jousting.. Why did it have to be Jousting...

Beware of the 'Unbeatable?' Pterodactyl - Complete the joust quests in Mount Hyjal up to and including X.
    Jousting really isn't that hard for me. When I used to do the argent tourny dailies I could easily do both josting dailies w/o trading a mount and solo Cit jousting BUT I find it to be one of the most tedious thing ever only because of how much I dislike mounted combat. See that I now get to spend more time doing one of the few things I hate about the game even more, party all around...
    If curiosity killed the cat, why can't speculation kill you?

Oh dear, not more jousting.

This means maybe someday I'll actually become decent at it...
    Naaaah, that's silly.

Quote Originally Posted by IplayHorde View Post
    Jousting really isn't that hard for me. When I used to do the argent tourny dailies I could easily do both josting dailies w/o trading a mount and solo Cit jousting BUT I find it to be one of the most tedious thing ever only because of how much I dislike mounted combat. See that I now get to spend more time doing one of the few things I hate about the game even more, party all around...
    Research and look at how you will be jousting instead of just denouncing it outright.

Jousting was hard at first.
    Now it's easy.
    lead-in:
    1) Be prepared to run away 90deg from where they run automatically.
    2) Hit the ranged attack twice.
    repeat until dead:
    1) Hit charge attack
    2) right after hit melee(while you're still in melee range.)
    3) Hit shield.
    4) hit ranged attack
    repeat until dead.

EDIT: it mentions a flying creature. That could mean aerial jousting.
    Last edited by allforone; 2010-08-21 at 03:41 AM.

It's NOTHING like ToC. This jousting is actually fun.

throw one ranged
    charge and melee exactly same time
    rebuff shields when necessary, preferably when running away from the charge

rinse and repeat till death

All credit for this sig goes to JustintimeSS

I hate jousting...I picked a warlock so i could shoot fire at stuff and have demons to help. Running around on a horse hitting stuff with a stick does not sound as appealing to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Malorajan View Post
    I hope so, ToC jousting should forever be burried along with siege vehicles in PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    This kind of jousting in different. Jesse Cox as a video about it,
    I reported lamb of log twice, once for having a slow car and once for trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Malorajan View Post
    This ^^^

10+ Year Old Account
    From what I hear, this jousting is a lot like Joust. You mount up on a hippogryph, have to spam an ability called Flap to stay airborne and all enemies you run into die instantly.
    Edit: Jesse Cox's video of jousting:

A bit of research would've helped.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plQafx5nBc4
    Already did this a while back during Alpha. its actually not bad. Its more like the old arcade Joust than the ToC one.

Dear god.... if i ever met the guy who came up with jousting..... well.... let's just say i'm eating his brains

That video... it looks terrible. That looks even worse than ToC jousting, if that was even possible.

Quote Originally Posted by EFG View Post
    This kind of jousting in different. Jesse Cox as a video about it,
    Seems to me that's even worse. Just mashing jump til you run into your target. What fun.

Jousting is just about the worst thing ever. I've yet to meet anyone that likes it. I just hope it's not a mandatory thing for good rewards like ToC jousting was.

Quote Originally Posted by snowblind View Post
    That video... it looks terrible. That looks even worse than ToC jousting, if that was even possible.
    This. At least I had a few choices before in how I was going to hit stuff with the stick.

The Jousting part is a joke, its hardly jousting its more just flying into stuff.

Did nobody ever actually play Joust? The whole thing is a goofy throwback. It's easy, fun, and short. Relax.