Thread: Buff addon

Buff addon

I use pitbull for my Self, target, target target, pet, focus, focus target frames. The way i have it set up having buffs attached to them would make it a little crowded (i use a modified alienas UI(http://www.wowinterface.com/download...rfacePack.html)).

So, now that im pvping and watching enemy buffs is a bit more important than pve, is there an addon that shows buffs/debuffs only and can be moved anywhere? I use satrinas but i dont know if that could do it right. And im only looking for one that shows target buff/debuffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Fascists should be marginalized, ostracized, bullied and on the occasion, decked. Their ideology is a cancer in our species.
    Bigots don't deserve debate.
    War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Diversity is strength.

Satrina's Buff Frames is an often suggested one for this purpose.
    Though recently I did come across buffology which offers many of the same core features, just a little lighter on some of the more advanced filtering, which shouldn't be an issue for you by the sounds of it.

Okay, i set up the bars on satrinas but now i want to filter what i want shown, and what i dont want shown.

For buffs i want magic buffs only shown, for debuffs im more specific (faerie fire, misery, etc)
    messing around with the filters and spells tab has got me almost nowhere.
    Fascists should be marginalized, ostracized, bullied and on the occasion, decked. Their ideology is a cancer in our species.

That is why buffology, which seemed simpler appealed to me.
    Though as I am still using SBF atm i'll take a look and see if I can work it out.

dont bother i think im going to switch now, satrina just giving to much of a problem gonna try buffology

If nothing at all appeared in the frame, then it is possible as I soon found was that it by default is set to player, not target when you create a new frame.
    Ignore the filters tab, instead just using the spells one, since that seems to be a blanket one.
    On the spells tab, select list debuffs, and type in part of the name of the specific one you wish to display.
    Click it, then check "Show Buff" (bit misleading, but it applies to buffs/debuffs - whichever you are using).

Do that for several specific ones, then once you have done close the options. Nothing will display until you do.
    Then test on a dummy, easier with debuffs you can apply yourself.