Thread: 2'' poly =(

10+ Year Old Account

Unhappy 2'' poly =(

"Polymorph now has a 2 sec cast time, up from 1.5 sec."

=(

Yes, yes it does.

Fear and hex got the same treatment.
    This offers some challenges in a pvp setting.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

I hear hasting a poly in spellcleaves (and fear and hex) down to .5 sec cast or so makes countering it with an interupt hard no?

Same for all other CC´s. So sounds kinda great as it brings back the possibility to interupt them

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by killarth View Post
    I hear hasting a poly in spellcleaves (and fear and hex) down to .5 sec cast or so makes countering it with an interupt hard no?
    And thats as it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    I don't think so
    Hi Sephurik

lol.

Good change. Cyclone got it too I think

As it is now, cc's with no cd are just retarded :P
    Meh

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rifee View Post
    lol.

Good change. Cyclone got it too I think

As it is now, cc's with no cd are just retarded :P
    hex and diminishing returns would like a word with you.
    BfA Beta Time

Because spamable CC's shouldn't be able to be interrupted?

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    hex and diminishing returns would like a word with you.
    Hex has cd.....I don't see the point :/

Diminishing return, yes, that's essentially what keeps these spammable cc's from dominating completely. Oh nvm warlocks:P

I'm a mage as main btw so I know how good it is
    Meh

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rifee View Post
    Hex has cd.....I don't see the point :/

Diminishing return, yes, that's essentially what keeps these spammable cc's from dominating completely. Oh nvm warlocks:P

I'm a mage as main btw so I know how good it is
    hex is more retarded than fear or sheep if used correctly. oddly enough, the "Oh nvm warlocks" part pretty much explains why you think non-CD CC is retarded: you can't beat warlocks.
    BfA Beta Time

Rifee, Have you heard of Mage armor. More over, since when did fear not have a dr and death coil not have a cooldown.

Anyways, This was a way to address the problem presented by haste in arena that just doesn't much sense to me. 2 seconds is too long a cast, especially in earlier seasons when there isn't much haste on gear and due to the fact that gear should not go into as ridiculous of scaling as it did with wrath. However, by later seasons, with pve gear and bloodlust, there is still a possibility that cast times will become extremely low to a point that interrupts are near impossible.

Essentially the problem with a cast that is too long is that it becomes increasingly difficult to juke interrupts, and it become significantly easier to LoS the cast. A cast that is too short, however, will trivialize the need to juke or the ability to LoS the cast. Neither situation is really good. Rather than having a cast that will start out being too long, and probably eventually become too short, I don't see why won't blizzard just bar CCs from scaling with haste. This would allow the cast time of the CC to be adjusted to whatever is balanced (I think that would be about 1.2-1.3 seconds).

It seems like such a simple fix, I just don't understand why blizzard is trying to remedy the situation this way.
    Last edited by Tarantism; 2010-08-23 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarantism View Post
    Rifee, Have you heard of Mage armor. More over, since when did fear not have a dr and haunt not have a cooldown.

Anyways, This was a way to address the problem presented by haste in arena that just doesn't much sense to me. 2 seconds is too long a cast, especially in earlier seasons when there isn't much haste on gear and due to the fact that gear should not go into as ridiculous of scaling as it did with wrath. However, by later seasons, with pve gear and bloodlust, there is still a possibility that cast times will become extremely low to a point that interrupts are near impossible.

Essentially the problem with a cast that is too long is that it becomes increasingly difficult to juke interrupts, and it become significantly easier to LoS the cast. A cast that is too short, however, will trivialize the need to juke or the ability to LoS the cast. Neither situation is really good. Rather than having a cast that will start out being too long, and probably eventually become too short, I don't see why won't blizzard just bar CCs from scaling with haste. This would allow the cast time of the CC to be adjusted to whatever is balanced (I think that would be about 1.2-1.3 seconds).

It seems like such a simple fix, I just don't understand why blizzard is trying to remedy the situation this way.
    The issue with what you recommend is fairly obvious, because then you have the issue of which spells will be effected by haste and which won't. Why effect polymorph, fear and hex, and not effect cyclone or entangling roots? There's a fine line with what you propose that would end up making it much more work overall in terms of balancing it seems.

The solution to that issue is fairly obvious. No casted CC should be affected by haste. I am not sure where I ever implied otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarantism View Post
    The solution to that issue is fairly obvious. No casted CC should be affected by haste. I am not sure where I ever implied otherwise.
    As long as it's all forms of CC, including entangling roots and shackle for example, that only effect or greatly effect other classes more than others.

I foresee them greatly increasing the statistical requirements to obtain so much haste at 85 to the equivalent it is at 80 to keep haste's maximum below say 30% for the entire expansion so it doesn't get as out of control as it is now (by that I mean increase the amount of haste rating needed to gain 1% drastically). It's not just CCs that are so effected by it, and it's hard to deny that spell cleaves haven't profited greatly because of the amount of haste available.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    ...AAAAAAAAAAAAND Blizzard has given a long explanation why it is so. The point of this topic being.....?
    He is just upset I suppose.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sicness View Post
    The issue with what you recommend is fairly obvious, because then you have the issue of which spells will be effected by haste and which won't. Why effect polymorph, fear and hex, and not effect cyclone or entangling roots? There's a fine line with what you propose that would end up making it much more work overall in terms of balancing it seems.
    cyclone and roots are CC, so they would be effected. i always thought that CCs should be reworked, but making them more haste reliant is stupid. the flaw is the design of heavy plate melee classes when compared to lightly armored cloth classes. the concept behind them is, if you're cloth, your job is to stay as faaaaaaaaaaaaaaar away from melee. if the melee get on you, you're gonna die. so they gave those classes CC to build distance and to prevent heals from coming out. the problem is, every melee class has 192839781928379182371982371298 ways to close that gap and arp, the single gayest stat in existence.

just make anything that loses control of your character to not gain benefit from haste: fear, polymorph, banish, shackle undead, cyclone, hex, mind control, turn evil, entangling roots.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by sicness View Post
    As long as it's all forms of CC, including entangling roots and shackle for example, that only effect or greatly effect other classes more than others.

I foresee them greatly increasing the statistical requirements to obtain so much haste at 85 to the equivalent it is at 80 to keep haste's maximum below say 30% for the entire expansion so it doesn't get as out of control as it is now (by that I mean increase the amount of haste rating needed to gain 1% drastically). It's not just CCs that are so effected by it, and it's hard to deny that spell cleaves haven't profited greatly because of the amount of haste available.
    I more or less forgot about shackle and mind control for example, but I wouldn't exempt them just because they aren't used every game. I agree that haste scaling in general is too high right now, and I also expect you are right that there will be a relative increase in the amount of haste needed per percentage, but my biggest concern at the moment is that I won't risk missing an interrupt on my rogue until the third season of cataclysm, even accounting for jukes. (edit: by which I mean, 2 seconds is a really really long cast)

@Det and Sanctify, yeah blizzard gave an explanation, and in there explanation state, "The crowd control spells were never designed around the existence of haste." Really great explanation why they tried to fix it in this manner.
    Last edited by Tarantism; 2010-08-23 at 11:34 PM.