Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I (will) surely cancel my subscription when SWTOR is released (starwars - the old republic) hopefully one of the better MMO's to date!

Would probably also quit if they made a diablo MMO, I love the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    I (will) surely cancel my subscription when SWTOR is released (starwars - the old republic) hopefully one of the better MMO's to date!

Would probably also quit if they made a diablo MMO, I love the game.
    Hate to break it to you but diablo is pretty much already an MMO.

is it only me that I'm thinking about Hello Kitty Online Adventure?
    Last edited by zazone; 2010-08-22 at 08:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Something along the lines of Fallout or Borderlands but ofcourse MMO, not just 4 player co-op.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Dictonary, get one!
    Irony at its best ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by kerwyn View Post
    Diablo is technically an MMO(Room Based) but not in the way most people think.

The darker story line would be more suited for older players which would be a huge plus if it actually increased the maturity level of the average player.

I can see spending lots of time in a true MMORPG with that setting, if it is well done that is.
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

A Shadorun MMO could be really good if done right

Quote Originally Posted by Kankuri View Post
    the crafting of Vanilla WoW,
    Fuck no. You can be nostalgic all you want but that would make it so much worse.
    Stulti se laudant.
    Minecraft Survival Server: 203.206.166.219:25565
    http://www.youtube.com/user/fpiceail

Warcraft 4: Cataclysm would probably make me quit wow for a week or month.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonwing View Post
    Fuck no. You can be nostalgic all you want but that would make it so much worse.
    Well, let me specify. The craftable items in Vanilla WoW actually mattered, thats what I want XD

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt it will ever happen, at least not by some other company. Whatever kills WoW will probably be made by Blizzard.

That said, there are a lot of things that are lacking in this game that are done way better in other games. For intsance, LotRO had a lot of cool mechanics, but its only real flaw was lack of budget and playerbase, in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    You're right. Blizzard shouldn't have temporarily banned you. They should have sent a couple employees to your residence to Jay and Silent Bob you.
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    I saved a man's life today by performing brain surgery and removing a tumor the size of a quarter from his frontal lobes. God damnit I wish I wasn't ignorant though, cause I have no idea what an LSAT is. I don't know the radius of the Moon either.
    I took part in the LSAT/Cataclysm release date thread.

Mechwarrior MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Nahte View Post
    That said, there are a lot of things that are lacking in this game that are done way better in other games. For intsance, LotRO had a lot of cool mechanics, but its only real flaw was lack of budget and playerbase, in my opinion.
    Eh, when I played LotRO it bored me to death. The story stuff was cool but I picked a class that was basically an elemental shaman mixed with a resto druid and holy fuck was it bad.

I mean, I essentially had "instant cast nuke" "fast nuke" "hot" "heal" "healing totem"

It was lazy and unimaginative.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhys View Post
    new MMO
    a lot of solo content.
    Um.. what? It's an MMO. If you don't want to have to work with other players, play some other game.
    the combat of Oblivion
    Oh god, please no.
    Last edited by Dalinth; 2010-08-22 at 09:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    I think this should win some kind of award. I mean, we must now have had one post about literally EVERY SINGLE FEATURE in the ENTIRE GAME which "ruined wow".

Take the character customization of Champions Online, the combat of Oblivion, the non-instanced dungeons of Everquest, the PvP of Guild Wars, a jump button, the crafting of Vanilla WoW, and Kevin Siembieda writing the lore. Thats game that makes me drool.
    now i quit GW for wow a few months before BC came out... but I was in a top 20 GvG guild before then, and really...GW pvp wasn't that fun. healers were too immortal, and heaven forbid they make one mistake and one person dies, it can cost you the whole match.

I did enjoy the hall of heroes though(or whatever it was called? I can't remember anymore, the bit with the ghosts that announced the winner to everyone) but they kept adding too many classes and the paragon/dervish (sp?) thing ruined it for me, and my guild. (we transferred to wow together)

assassins were really the only really cool/unique thing they had going imo. what they did with teleportation was really fun.

premades for pvp and gear equality were nice too... but also bad at the same time, as there was really nothing to work towards, besides another "/rank" to show off, which took forever.....
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

Something a little more Sandbox-oriented, like a TES MMO or such.

Quote Originally Posted by Mijen View Post
    Diablo is technically an MMO(Room Based) but not in the way most people think.

The darker story line would be more suited for older players which would be a huge plus if it actually increased the maturity level of the average player.

I can see spending lots of time in a true MMORPG with that setting, if it is well done that is.
    and i hear (never played) the GTA series has a lot of arbitrary violence that would seem to be more suited for "mature" audiences yet 13 year olds (and probably even younger, sadly) get their hands on it every day.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

Quote Originally Posted by pervox View Post
    Something a little more Sandbox-oriented, like a TES MMO or such.
    Honestly, I'd play the shit out of eve-online if they'd get rid of the unfun bullshit of traveling, the terrible combat, and the ridiculous learning curve.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalinth View Post
    Um.. what? It's an MMO. If you don't want to have to work with other players, play some other game.
    no no you don't understand. he plays WoW to be acknowledged by his "peers" for being awesome, not to actualyl play. he just wants people to look at him and go: wow that guy is cool /afking in orgrimmar. the more solo content on an mmo that he can farm to make himself look cooler, the more chances he has of making his "awesome" be seen by other players.

you can't have an epeen and not play an mmo...

10+ Year Old Account
    a brain interactive wow would make me stop playing normal wow.

honor... no matter how dire the situation is, never forsake it!
    top 3 bands of all time:
    1. depeche mode
    2. pet shop boys
    3. new order

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kerwyn View Post
    MMORPG

Fits better?