What makes this Shadow Priest so ridiculous?

just got done playing a BG and i couldn't get close to him without dying in 5 seconds. I'd be at 10% sometimes in a silence. i've faced Shadow Priests before but nothing like this guy. it even took like 5-7 people to take him down. what differentiates this SP from most? just curious

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...gnaros&cn=Khat

From my experience, shadowpriests in PvE gear hit like absolute trucks, it could be that he's in pretty decent PvE gear?

10+ Year Old Account
    He/she/it obviously knows what it's doing.
    /shrug

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well maybe he is just, erm...
    skilled?
    there's no magic trick to be unbeatable, you just need to practice a lot.
    + SP are OP, nerf plz!!
    ∞=0
    0/2 = 0 , ∞/2 = ∞
    2/0 = error , 2/∞ = error
    0*2 = 0 , ∞*2 = ∞

he already l2p?

Perhaps he's really good at being a shadow priest.

Perhaps you were focused on the "easy HK" and didn't see his backup around.

Maybe he had a pocket healer.

Armory isn't gonna tell us much. (Beside that he might have been in pve gear, then any caster could kill someone before getting reached if the stars aligned)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

I think the OP linked his own armory and fabricated this story to inflate his ego.

no he was dropping people left and right unusually fast with absurd survivability. i was hoping someone who knew about shadow priests or their gearing could take a look to see what allows him to do that. as far as play i didn't really notice him doing much other than laying dots and people dropping, and also being incredibly hard to kill. this is not a QQ thread so don't get defensive, more wnat to know if its his gear or what?

i emphasize i've faced a lot of SP's, and don't run across something like what i experienced with this guy much, if ever. unless its Wintergrasp/Tenacity
    Last edited by Spurmwhale; 2010-08-22 at 07:33 PM.

Vampiric embrace with SW:P and VT on each target would yield more healing than an affliction lock if no one was dispelling (I think). Coupled that he was in PvE gear(I'm assuming this) that's a load of healing.

But this also makes him the most vulnerable clothie to a melee...and if no melee was killing him, he must not have been alone...or everyone was so bad they didn't pummel/kick/mindfreeze/CS/ANYTHING ELSE any of his casted abilities, cause in order to hurt 6 people at once, he has to cast...and even then, he'd die...

So I call BS!

Edit: so, I see he has pvp gear with his pvp spec. Output is reduced, healing reduced, damage taken reduced. All the main points apply.

1)People didn't interrupt him

2)He was not alone
    Last edited by Jamber; 2010-08-22 at 07:40 PM. Reason: just saw pvp spec
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

well his gear (currently wearing) is some aight pve gear.. we do hit like a truck in both pvp and pve gear..

he doesn't have imp VE in pvp spec so thats not where the surv comes from nor does he have imp innerfire his spellpower isn't that high nor his haste/crit

just refreshed his/hers armory and aparently (s)he has about 1k resi (rele+ wrathfull) gear so thats prolly were the surv is from :P

but as said b4... sp rule in this season

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Necro View Post
    I think the OP linked his own armory and fabricated this story to inflate his ego.
    good thinking watson!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Necro View Post
    Must be, that's why he changed from pve to pvp gear when we started questioning it.

I didn't know people actually did this though, it's not an urban legend?

Pointless thread, sorry.