Thread: Draenei Druids

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Draenei Druids

It exist Broken druids. Feralfen in Zangarmarsh have several druids, but Draenei doesn't have any. Why is that? Do it have anything to do with lore?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    the Draenei are the ones of there group of race that have "seen the light" and worship the light etc. etc.

note that all the broken one druids are only on outlands, because that is where they are in tune with nature, or something like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any race can be any class... even human druids... but just a few per race, not enough for the entire race

So the draenei that follow Velen have "forsaken" the nature and the path of the druid?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunataria View Post
    the Draenei are the ones of there group of race that have "seen the light" and worship the light etc. etc.

note that all the broken one druids are only on outlands, because that is where they are in tune with nature, or something like that.
    If thats your reasoning for Draeneis not being able to be druids in azeroth then tell me how much sense it makes that my druid goes to Outlands and is still a druid.

The Draenei we play come from space. That's pretty much the reason.

Quote Originally Posted by ukrainium View Post
    The Draenei we play come from space. That's pretty much the reason.
    It's the same race as the broken..

Don`t worry, every race can be every class eventually. Why do you think the horde has paladins?
    You can`t dispel stupid.
    Mah armory:http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&cn=Rainofpain

Quote Originally Posted by Rainofpain View Post
    Don`t worry, every race can be every class eventually. Why do you think the horde has paladins?
    Because:

Belfs: Exploits the light, using it for the wrong purpose, but using it nevertheless (or something like that).
    Tauren: They get they're power from the sun and not the "light". (or something like that).

10+ Year Old Account
    Or you can email Knaak and made Iridi the first magedragondruiddraeni

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChildeRoland View Post
    My guess is your powers are bound to your world for weaker druids. So broken can be outland druids and we can be azerothian druids, then due to our increase of power over 58 levels we can then take druidic powers into other worlds.

Because:

Belfs: Exploits the light, using it for the wrong purpose, but using it nevertheless (or something like that).
    Tauren: They get they're power from the sun and not the "light". (or something like that).
    Trolls also have warlocks. I always had the impression they hated that dark stuff. Goblins can be shamans. How? They are DEFINITLY not in touch with the elements. Also, Worgen can be DKs. Reason? Blizz said it would be cool.

We will have every combination possible before the game dies. I am willing to bet money we will.
    You can`t dispel stupid.

Draenei > Broken > Lost Ones.

We play draenei, uncorrupted eredar. The Broken have no druids, you're thinking of the Lost Ones, which are the most devolved version of draenei.

To give draenei the opportunity to become druids really wouldn't make much sense just because a lesser form of them have taken up the practice.

Deleted
    Trolls also have warlocks. I always had the impression they hated that dark stuff. Goblins can be shamans. How? They are DEFINITLY not in touch with the elements. Also, Worgen can be DKs. Reason? Blizz said it would be cool.

We will have every combination possible before the game dies. I am willing to bet money we will.
    Catalcysm, the world is turning against them. Same reason why Night Elf Mages, aka Highbourne, rejoin the alliance. Besides, if you can be a mage, you can be a warlock any time.
    The Darkspear only parted ways with the other troll tribes because they were enslaving their gods, the loa, and that was wrong in their opinion, however, it isn't a reason why they shouldn't become warlocks.

Goblin shamans: Why not? A shaman doesn't need to be in touch with the elements like a druid has to be intouch with nature. You're confusing them. Shamans need ask the elements for powers, and clearly the elements answered them, just like the elements answered to the call of the Draenei that lost their connection with the Light.

Worgen can be Death Knights because they were present in Northrend (Grizzly hills to be exact), and those worgen also have the free will, but instead, they follow the Shade of Arugal.
    Read the Death Knight quest text, it doesn't say specifically why you died, why you were raised, it just tells you to rejoin the Alliance. And as far as I know, the Worgen in Silverbrook were your friends until you discovered they were worgen.

Every new class/race combination is explainable in the lore. Stop complaining.

@op: The Broken (Farseer Nobundu specifically) taught the Draenei how to communicate with the elements. The Lost Ones you're referring to refuse to have anything to do with the Draenei, they clearly explain their hostility towards the draenei in the quests.
    Last edited by mmocfce925a786; 2010-08-22 at 11:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe it is because to be a Druid you need a deep connection to the world and creatures around you. Something tells me that when you literally uproot your city and move to a new planet the bonds from your old one may be strained.

Then again maybe the developers said when BC was being released only one class per faction would have Druid so it wasn't included. Then when cata hit they felt worgan was a better fit and again wanted to keep the factions two and two.

Maybe some drunk developer accidentally deleted some important draenei Druid art from some beta and to cover it up pushed for Draenei not to get Druid. So look at the bright side. I bet he got to keep his job!

The world may never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketbear View Post
    Catalcysm, the world is turning against them. Same reason why Night Elf Mages, aka Highbourne, rejoin the alliance. Besides, if you can be a mage, you can be a warlock any time.
    The Darkspear only parted ways with the other troll tribes because they were enslaving their gods, the loa, and that was wrong in their opinion, however, it isn't a reason why they shouldn't become warlocks.

Goblin shamans: Why not? A shaman doesn't need to be in touch with the elements like a druid has to be intouch with nature. You're confusing them. Shamans need ask the elements for powers, and clearly the elements answered them, just like the elements answered to the call of the Draenei that lost their connection with the Light.

Worgen can be Death Knights because they were present in Northrend (Grizzly hills to be exact), and those worgen also have the free will, but instead, they follow the Shade of Arugal.
    Read the Death Knight quest text, it doesn't say specifically why you died, why you were raised, it just tells you to rejoin the Alliance. And as far as I know, the Worgen in Silverbrook were your friends until you discovered they were worgen.

Every class/race combination is explainable in the lore. Stop complaining.
    I`m not complaining, I`m stating my opinion. The next race/class combination I want is tauren rogue. It would be incredible, just imagine a tauren popping out of nowhere stabbing you with 2 giant daggers due to weapon scaling. Essence of awesome.

Reason:Grimtotem betrayal
    You can`t dispel stupid.

I will bet money we will never get draenei warlock, tauren rogue, forsaken paladin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baever View Post
    Heroic modes =/= additional bosses. It's the same encounter, but cannot be steamrolled by an inbred Texan with same IQ as a roll of toilet paper.
    Quote Originally Posted by rabbimojo View Post
    And, more, I'm fairly certain there are several homosexual characters in the game - they don't need to have <Gay> under their name to make it so.
    I'm that guy who enjoys sitting their 6'5" frame in front of little kids in movie theaters.

Deleted
    I`m not complaining, I`m stating my opinion. The next race/class combination I want is tauren rogue. It would be incredible, just imagine a tauren popping out of nowhere stabbing you with 2 giant daggers due to weapon scaling. Essence of awesome.

Reason:Grimtotem betrayal
    Tauren and Draenei are the least stealthy of all playable races. They cannot become rogues, because rogues are generally used to assassinate high ranked officers or tacticians of the enemy, those people are generally located in buildings where a Tauren or a Draenei can't make a stelathy assault, because he will be seen instantly because the clopping sound of his hoofs make on the ground.
    A tauren rogue would work in the outdoor open, but not indoor, rendering them almost useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketbear View Post
    Tauren and Draenei are the least stealthy of all playable races. They cannot become rogues, because rogues are generally used to assassinate high ranked officers or tacticians of the enemy, those people are generally located in buildings where a Tauren or a Draenei can't make a stelathy assault, because he will be seen instantly because the clopping sound of his hoofs make on the ground.
    A tauren rogue would work in the outdoor open, but not indoor, rendering them almost useless.
    We might be able fix the clopping with some sort of cloth on their feet methinks.
    You can`t dispel stupid.

Regarding just the Feralfen druids, they worship and take on the aspect of birds because the tribe venerates the Harkoa and draw power from that specific totem. Essentially making them like Druids of the Talon or well ... Worgen.

If the Draenei sought out a specific totem (mountain goats? draenei mounts for dwarves?) then it may be possible for druidism to spread for them. However they consider even shaman to be rather crass and backwards since they don't follow the light or arcane advancement. Essentially to a Draenei a shaman is pretty much like how we'd consider a redneck or possibly hippy. Someone backwards, uneducated to the rest of the world and following a path the rest of their race skorns.

So I'm just doubtful they'll be getting druids anytime soon since they don't particularly care for nature magics.