Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    i've been thinking that azeroth must have a small density.
    why i think that... consider those facts below, what do u think?

-you fall from great altitudes and dont die,
    u can even fall from 3 storeys high and not loose any health.
    -look at the weapon's and how we hold them; they are disproportionally gigantic
    and we hold them horizontally to the ground as if they're made of plastic.
    -same goes for fighting while wearing those huuuge shoulderpads.
    -watch the zepelins; they lift an entire boat with just a same size balloon.
    that is physically impossible, since its not magic.
    -if you notice the ropes on the horde ship in icecrown they are bent.
    meaning, the ship is lighter than the balloons. (that, i cant explain! i guess its magic O_o?)
    -cyrocopters fly with those laughable rotors.
    -the skybreaker in icecrown, a huge ship covered in metal and
    filled with ammunition and soldiers, flying with just 3 tiny rotors.
    -look at those wyverns/gryphons/hippogryphs,
    they have those heavy bodies and those small wings compaired to their size,
    yet they fly, and with passengers. (their arse must be able to fly on its own btw.
    (cant explain how those things fly leveled! bio-enchant^^)
    well all I have to counter this well thought out post is the simple response of: A wizard did it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackriver View Post
    Of course Azeroth has a small density; you can go from one end of the planet to another in a matter of an hour or so.
    Density has nothing to do with distance. Its black holes can be crossed in less than 25 miuntes but are some are more dense than 50 suns.

---------- Post added 2010-08-23 at 02:14 AM ----------

The air in Azeroth can be thicker than it is here on Earth. Because of this Zepps and Floating ships displace their weight better in air( lets just say its not-so-thin air ).

---------- Post added 2010-08-23 at 02:17 AM ----------

Thicker air would allow large animals with wings to fly with greater ease than animals on earth without huge wings. Or they are super strong and dont need huge wings. either way.

Quote Originally Posted by elamigo View Post
    you must be high? If you think that the length between the lich king and the outside layer that he spawns is 13 yards and not really 40 then you......hmmm i think should probably take a look at how the metric system works again
    ..... Yards and feet aren't part of the metric system.
    Quote Originally Posted by JonTargaryen
    Jaina isn't thinking with her head, she's thinking with her jaina.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arngrim310
    Look at it this way. The elemental plane is tied to many different planes but is not a part of it.

Starbucks 1: Azeroth
    Starbucks 2: Outland
    Street: Elemental plane

So the elemental plane is connected to both the starbucks but the two starbucks arent actually connected. If im on the street I can either go to one side of the street and go into starbucks 1 or 2. But if I use a truckload of C4 to blow out the wall of starbucks 1 the place would be changed completely. Starbucks 2 however remains intact.

10+ Year Old Account
    oh one last thing. when you say "small density" i think you mean "low density" . small refers to size. density is amount of something in a space. not the size of the space. picture this. a baseball is less dense than a spherical piece of metal that is the size of a baseball. id say baseballs are small but our universe used to be smaller than a baseball and was just as dense as it is today. think on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyler Ruin View Post
    Density has nothing to do with distance. Its black holes can be crossed in less than 25 miuntes but are some are more dense than 50 suns.

---------- Post added 2010-08-23 at 02:14 AM ----------

The air in Azeroth can be thicker than it is here on Earth. Because of this Zepps and Floating ships displace their weight better in air( lets just say its not-so-thin air ).

---------- Post added 2010-08-23 at 02:17 AM ----------

Thicker air would allow large animals with wings to fly with greater ease than animals on earth without huge wings. Or they are super strong and dont need huge wings. either way.
    I'm just going to go ahead and say it..... BONE GRYPHON explain to me how lift works with skeletal wings, physics me that. While i find the discussions interesting and I agree they mixed up her terms about density a few times this whole thing ends with "magic is involved". I'm still trying to figure out the physics involved in outlands still acting as if it were a planet.

@skyler actually no when our universe was the size of a baseball it was far more dense because it was the same mass in a smaller space. You kinda screwed your own point there.
    Last edited by Mixelphlick; 2010-08-23 at 06:29 AM.
    Mixelphlick 80 Gnome mage
    Beetstick 80 Gnome deathknight

10+ Year Old Account
    its like magnets

its like fucking magic man

miricles

Fuckin' miracles.
    I once shot a man in Goldshire, just to watch him die.

Well, theoretical black holes (as in, the ones I've learned about, you might've learned about others) are created around what's called a "singularity" which is basicly an atom with extreme density.
    However, lets say we meet halfway and it's the size of a baseball, the size of the black holes, lets call it center, is irrelevant, seeing as not even light can escape its mass, so you'd technicly never be able to cross it. You'd simply get caught in the gravitational pull and get sucked to the center, never to leave again. Which, coinsidently, is the REAL way the tootsie roll pop was intended to work
    How manly licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a OMGMYFACEISSTUCKANDICAN'TGETITOFF!

Talking cows...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    I would say that the world itself is as large as Earth. I would say maybe the size of Mercury or our Moon. If you could travel from the North tip to the South tip of Kalimdor or Eastern Kingdoms, it would take only hours on a land mount. Human's in real life peak speeds of 12mph=19km/hr, so our mounts run at about 24 mph. That would mean that the arc of the planet is a bit over 48 miles, that makes for a very tiny planet.

Also, for a planet that shares a rotation upon it's axis with Earth, meaning a 24 hour rotation, means the planet is spinning quite slow meaning that it is farther away from it's sun than our earth. It's questionable how Azeroth sustains any form of life @_@

ADDENDUM: A 48 mile arc means the planet is about 96 miles in circumference, and therefor has about a 15 mile radius. Earth has an average radius of 3959 miles....

ADDENDUM 2: We can't tell the force of gravity on Azroth for a number of things: Don't know: Mass of Azeroth, Mass of Sun, and distance between the two :P

OWNED
    jou just won the thread, congratulations
    you must be the most intelligent male blood elf in the game :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Begins with a M and ends with a C. What is it?

Mel C?

10+ Year Old Account
    oh one last thing. when you say "small density" i think you mean "low density" . small refers to size. density is amount of something in a space. not the size of the space. picture this. a baseball is less dense than a spherical piece of metal that is the size of a baseball. id say baseballs are small but our universe used to be smaller than a baseball and was just as dense as it is today. think on that.
    yes thats what i meant ^^ i was talking about its mass.

and a wizard might have created the whole of azeroth
    (sure theres like a 0.1% possibility)
    ur not commenting on Azeroth's mass/size/etc which is the main subject.

the planet and populations are obviously shrinked for gameplay,
    it IS obviously a spherical planet as shown on the map,

but maybe its just small, not as small as the moon, but small enough so u dont float when u jump lol.
    or maybe its size is normal and it is hollow, all those old gods and elemental etc...

;o

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    I would say that the world itself is as large as Earth. I would say maybe the size of Mercury or our Moon. If you could travel from the North tip to the South tip of Kalimdor or Eastern Kingdoms, it would take only hours on a land mount. Human's in real life peak speeds of 12mph=19km/hr, so our mounts run at about 24 mph. That would mean that the arc of the planet is a bit over 48 miles, that makes for a very tiny planet.

Also, for a planet that shares a rotation upon it's axis with Earth, meaning a 24 hour rotation, means the planet is spinning quite slow meaning that it is farther away from it's sun than our earth. It's questionable how Azeroth sustains any form of life @_@

ADDENDUM: A 48 mile arc means the planet is about 96 miles in circumference, and therefor has about a 15 mile radius. Earth has an average radius of 3959 miles....

ADDENDUM 2: We can't tell the force of gravity on Azroth for a number of things: Don't know: Mass of Azeroth, Mass of Sun, and distance between the two :P

OWNED
    Wrong humans only walk at about 6-8mphs .... more or less.... 10mph+ its more like running/jogging depending on the size of the person...
    Also we dont know the size / distance between "Azeroth" and its moon... Moon has a gravitational pull as well hence why you get get low/high tides and direction of which water travels ...

Quote Originally Posted by Joels View Post
    Azeroth is flat.
    I would've agreed with you if you'd been right.
    "Like it's MY fault some BIG dragon knocked me into a cave full of LITTLE dragons!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Paperweight View Post
    The community didn't go down the shitter because of the LFG system, the LFG system just introduced you to the shitty community in a horribly effective way.

Wow is a game that revolves around fantasy and magic which defies laws and realism. So that counters your entire argument. But to vouch for the fact that we can carry huge weapons. A tauren can easily do that, they are a big blob of muscle. Pure hulking muscle. But a gnome... yeah lol idk wtf to say about that. But hey, we live in a world where ants can lift 40 times their weight. Which to us would be lifting cars, so hey who the hell am I saying that gnomes can't lift swords and wear heavy as hell armor.

Dude its World of Roidcraft bro I've never seen a midget “gnome” wielding a axe 3 times his size. If your not juicing gtfo of my world!

This "magic/ a wizard did it" thingie is getting quite boring and unoriginal. Just saying.
    Nobody is perfect. I am nobody. I am perfect.

Lets not ruin one of the few realistic features in this game now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    The day I play anything entitled 'Boi' is the day I relinquish my sanity.
    I'm Dyslexic, so deal with it.