Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddahpal View Post
    Im still dissapointed we havent gotten that yet we were promised that for Wrath.
    I'm surprised it isn't in yet. I really figured they would have rolled that out during this enormous content break since ICC came out. It really is an incredibly stupid and useless feature though and I would much rather see them spend those development resources on something else than a feature no one would use ever kinda like voice chat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dances and i dont mean a dance studio that is already gone and more than likely we wont see, but a few option on dances would be nice as some off the races have some awful dances

masculinity, How muscled the person is. (since human males are too muscled to look decent in robes)

But if with new models that gets fixed, then I want Height to be an option. Then even in same gear, the height will make ppl look different, unlike some tattoo/scar that is covered up completely by all your armor!
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

Quote Originally Posted by vareck View Post
    Only on male character. We really don't need five million female characters running around with breasts the size of pyroblasts.

Edit- On topic, height variation, wider variety of hair colors where it makes sense, wider variety of skin tones, etc.

This

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    Dances.

No, seriously, dance studio.
    ziz

Nothing major like height or width. It would take too long to implement all armor would have to be redone to fit. I just want more of what options we have now. We should have over 20+ different hair styles, faces, and features with each race, and a much bigger ranch of color choices for skin and hair. Tattoos would be a welcome part for features as long as it fit the class and race.

Height.

Build. (Obviously this will stay within fairly tight constraints, but having a slightly slimmer tauren or NE, or a more portly human, etc. could be fun).

Tattoos or frost-brands for our furry folk. Or runes.

The trick with these is that our armor typically covers 95% of our bodies. They would have to add more show/hide options to let us go sleeveless, or shirtless, or some combination of that.

hieght and weight for everyone i get a kick out of short tauren and tall gnomes. also for those who want it, you can make ur character fatter or skinner. there just skins so it wouldnt effect ur play style however it could effect ur movement.

being able to customize armor - Spikes/additions + Dyes/colors would be so WIN

I just want more female tauren hair. Srsly. But body mass would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    Dances.

No, seriously, dance studio.
    Starwars Galaxies anyone?

My problem with customization is that half of the characters will then be as utterly freakish as possible.

Boob sliders will ALWAYS be maxed

Height sliders will ALWAYS be either maxed or mined

It's fluff that doesn't affect gameplay outside of giving people more things to whine about when their maxed breast, min height, swollen headed characters have their shoulder armor clipping through their forehead, pushing Blizz to waste more time making armor look right.

No, I say, no sliders.

And why scars? At best you can actually see a character's face and maybe some of their midriff. What do you want, for their head to be one big scar blob?

Would be nice to have more skin types, such as forest trolls and such, but that's all that's needed.

If you want gross character customization play CoH

Quote Originally Posted by lopus View Post
    Dances and i dont mean a dance studio that is already gone and more than likely we wont see, but a few option on dances would be nice as some off the races have some awful dances
    Thats what they said the dance studio was for to learn new dances

10+ Year Old Account
    In a recent Gamescom interview in German, Tom Chilton said that they are still working on the dance studio in their spare time. The reason it's taking so long is because it's quite a demanding thing for their animation department when they already have to create animations for the actual content already. He said that the dance studio could be coming any day from now.

On the subject of height/body type/mass: Blizz has said that they want a character's race to be recognizable at a distance, and part of how they achieve this is with distinctive silhouettes. If you're allowed to make your character taller or fatter, you'll be messing with this design goal.

WoW's stylistic approach to art and relatively low poly counts have made the game accessible to lightweight systems, but they also put a limit on how complex your character details can get. I'd love to see the old races' models brought up to newer art levels and some of the more egregious animations/hairstyles/faces fixed, but extreme customization options are better left in the domain of other MMO's.
    Still waiting on the skillscore addon ...

the thing about all the customization and everything is you really wont be able to see it with end game gear on... i mean, u can disable the helm graphic to see ur awesome hair...but its not like u can disable your chest piece to see your tats or scars...who would really spend time takin off all their gear to show off their own "unique" customization.

as for the body build..how human warriors should be bigger than human casters and wat not...once again, the armor beefs up your character...plate wearers use big plate armor were as cloth users obviously wear cloth, making their build look smaller...

just my opinion realy.. the only thing im customize is skin color and hair on my character, for leveling 1-cap and in the even wen im in my end game gear, i take off my helm.. but like i said, i dont think it would really matter

I would like to control the Body of my Troll, I am sick of the bent back, I think he can walk upright.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

Orcs = Mag'har skin colour.
    Trolls = Forest troll skin.
    Dwarves = Wildhammer tattoos.
    Undead = Option to have longer ears and perhaps a more elvish face, in case you're a blood elf forsaken.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by acoolnamehere View Post
    the thing about all the customization and everything is you really wont be able to see it with end game gear on... i mean, u can disable the helm graphic to see ur awesome hair...but its not like u can disable your chest piece to see your tats or scars...who would really spend time takin off all their gear to show off their own "unique" customization.

as for the body build..how human warriors should be bigger than human casters and wat not...once again, the armor beefs up your character...plate wearers use big plate armor were as cloth users obviously wear cloth, making their build look smaller...

just my opinion realy.. the only thing im customize is skin color and hair on my character, for leveling 1-cap and in the even wen im in my end game gear, i take off my helm.. but like i said, i dont think it would really matter
    now that you mention it it should be a great idea to let us hide our chest armor not only for the posible tats but to show off the shirts some of us collect whit out losing the benefit of the chest pice, and wile they are it also let us hide those awful 80's shoulder pats

Quote Originally Posted by grimkiller View Post

Oh, and I would like to see them steal Guild Wars' implementation of finding and applying dyes to armor in 2-layer densities. You have a core color and a highlight color.

It would help with the blandness.

This