Thread: proof please...

proof please...

ok there are posts in this Thread saying that i dont need to gear my toon up before cataclysm because the quest items will be better than the icc 25/heroic gear.

so im asking for proof that the items from the cata quests are indeed better....
    Last edited by Isoz; 2010-08-24 at 01:51 PM.

i'm in the beta and i upgraded 1/3 once i hit lvl 81-82.
    dunno if that answered ur question.

Deleted
    Well they won't be worse will they. Be logical fella.

If you played from BC to Wotlk, you'l know what I mean. When you've spent a good year or two getting epics and stuff, and then you step outside into catacylsm and the first mob you kill drops a green with better stats than what you're wearing.

The only Epics I kept from 70 to 80 were my boots. And thats because I couldn't find any better through questing. Everything else became a blue or a green.

someone post the pudding

Some items are definitely better even in Hyjal and Vashj'ir, but if you have 277 or 284 items you will get to keep most of them for a bit. They will definitely not last untill 85 though, not a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

There is a blue post somewhere saying:

Since there are only 5 levels in the new expansion, they will compress the gear scaling to feel like 10 levels. Hence the ICC25 gear will only last till maybe lvl 83-4. But looks will last longer

If you raid for gear you're doing it wrong

Don't want to sound rude or anything, but instead of asking others to prove you if it's true or not, do some research of your own.

ICC25 gear is like equal to the stuff you'll get in deepholme (82-84ish), only getting worse from that point on

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie View Post
    This

And besides when you start doing random dungeons in cata the blue gear + whatever green you might have already earned through the first couple of quests will be enough to wipe that northrend aura off ya :P
    Assuming you aint got hc 25man gear that is

Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie View Post
    considering i left game 2 weeks after icc was released and came back last week ofc im raidin for gear

So, you wanna raid to get gear and then nothing more? you don't raid for fun? I can understand raiding to get gear, and then doing hc version with your improved gear and defeating harder bosses etc, but if your worried about replacing your gear when cata comes idk what to say..

10+ Year Old Account
    I have found that with the recent beta changes of upping monster health and damage, going in at 80 with some good quality ICC gear made the time between 80-82 much easier. That said, You must take into consideration that they typically up the amount of xp needed to lvl for actual xpac releases so your looking at the same amount of time to get to 85 that it took you to get to 78 or so in WotLK.

Looking at it from that perspective, 82 would be around the equivalent of 73-74, which I am told is where most people began to replace their BC raid gear in WotLK (I myself went to 80 without changing gear but to each their own). So it isn't that big a deal.

Also for the most part while the stats are better on much of the 81ish stuff, the bonuses associated with your ICC gear still give them a small edge.

Level 81 Crafted Weapon.
    http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/55052/

Lich King 25 Man Heroic Drop
    http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/50730/

Barely any of your non-277 gear will survive Deepholm, let alone Twilight Highlands. The Quest rewards in Hyjal and Vash'jir are better or at least on par with 251 Epics.
    Last edited by Phydeaux; 2010-08-24 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phydeaux View Post
    Level 81 Crafted Weapon.
    http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/55052/

Lich King 25 Man Heroic Drop
    http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/50730/

Barely any of your non-277 gear will survive Deepholm, let alone Twilight Highlands. The Quest rewards in Hyjal and Vash'jir are better or at least on par with 251 Epics.
    I personally think that that item is still full of placeholder stats, as similar-level items don't remotely compare to its power, and that item hasn't been changed since the very first beta build, and still sports an icon of a starter-zone staff.

Many of the weapons are still place holder models. My Beta Character currently has a sword, mace and axe that all share the same "Plank with a Nail" Model.

Here's a Green Quest Reward, showing comparable stats being as it is a green and slightly lower ilvl.
    http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/54553/

Deleted
    Two random BoEs and a quest reward :

---------- Post added 2010-08-24 at 03:12 PM ----------

Plus: It's better to replace your gear early on ... you need the extra HP if mobs keep hitting as hard as they do now.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvestertroll View Post
    Two random BoEs and a quest reward :

*pictures*

---------- Post added 2010-08-24 at 03:12 PM ----------

[/COLOR]Plus: It's better to replace your gear early on ... you need the extra HP if mobs keep hitting as hard as they do now.
    I didn't think weapons would have both int and SP, thought it would be only SP.