Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Nature's Grace as a Power Aura

Don't get me wrong, I really like the "Power Auras" that Blizzard implemented.

I personally love the Eclipse proc auras, but Nature's Grace? C'mon! I really don't see any use to have a power aura for this talent, it's a proc that boosts our next spells cast time by 20%, it's useful for every spell with a cast time. I would like to have a power aura for OoC instead Nature's Grace, okay OoC doesn't need a power aura either, but hey you get the point (Lifebloom with clearcasting <3). Btw I'm not even sure that do we have OoC in cata, but that was just an example.

I'm pretty sure you can turn them off if you want, but still it's pretty useless to have it on NG. Share your opinions (:

EDIT: I know it's beta it might get removed.

Deleted
    In cata Nature's grace is a 3 second haste buff.
    before u post something, check all the facts.

Deleted
    Does it matter? it's still useless to have for power auras it doesn't affect our rotations in any way

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi, I use always Nourish because has 1.2 Sec Cast 700 Mana Cost and heal 4K
    But if my healing touch (2 Sec Cast) and 400 Mana Cost can have a reduce cast time for the next spell and heal 10K in a close time as nourish.. i'll go for Healing touch just in that moment

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not have it? Out of all the things to complain about, this? Really?

In cata NG will be a lot more effective and useful, and since we aren't going to just be spam bots, this will actually help a lot.

its nothing but a little OH YOU HAVE 3 SECONDS OF 15% HASTE kind of warning. For some newer players this will be helpful and for elitists it may be helpful.

Either way I'm 100% sure you can select which ones you want to show. Just disable the damn thing. Don't whine at blizz for thinking of more than just you when they add new stuff.

Rather happy that some form of Power Auras is becoming baseline in the Blizz UI.

As stated earlier, I'm pretty sure you can select which procs you'd like to show in the final version, if you honestly find Nature's Grace procs an annoyance. However, I really like using Power Auras (current version) to show me buffs/debuffs on targets or debuffs on myself for specific encounters. Anyone able to confirm/deny the ability to track buffs on other targets or debuffs on any target? I wouldn't mind the current customization of Power Auras implemented in the Blizz version (though historically that doesn't happen for Addon -> Blizz UI conversions).
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

I'm 99% positive that the Power Auras shown on the front page are not nearly complete.

They do not include Demonology Warlock procs.
    They do not include Holy Paladin procs.
    They do not include all of the Affliction Warlock procs.
    And probably some others that I have forgotten..

Well since its the druid forums they don't include OMen for one :P or the feral druid procs either so no its not complete and I will myself turn it off and just use power auras still lmao

Its just matter of options how they make it customizable. Buffs/Debuffs on you/your target, procs from items, setup by name etc... Then you will not care if there is or not nature grace, you will just shut down or start up.
    On topic:
    Anyway for hasted hurricanes it can work or not ?

okay OoC doesn't need a power aura either
    Kitty druids for sure care about OoC and with mana being an issue it would be good for resto druids potentially because when used with Lifebloom it supplies free mana.
    Resto Druids, the best health care system

Quote Originally Posted by Biostorm View Post
    Does it matter? it's still useless to have for power auras it doesn't affect our rotations in any way
    We are not just talking Pve rotation here, we are also talking Pvp

wtb power aura for 4-piece wyrmkin pvp set?

Quote Originally Posted by Madus View Post
    Anyway for hasted hurricanes it can work or not ?
    Not quite sure if that is what you mean, but all spells started during a NG proc are affected for their entire duration, including MF, IS and Hurricane.(Overwriting a DoT will change it to your current haste value)

So if you start casting Hurricane on the last 0,1s of the buff, the entire Hurricane will be affected by the 15% haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Faithis View Post
    Hi, I use always Nourish because has 1.2 Sec Cast 700 Mana Cost and heal 4K
    But if my healing touch (2 Sec Cast) and 400 Mana Cost can have a reduce cast time for the next spell and heal 10K in a close time as nourish.. i'll go for Healing touch just in that moment
    Pretty much this.

Except Healing Touch and Nourish have the same cast time in Cataclysm. And HT is 5 times as expensive as Nourish, for only twice the healing done.

Regrowth is faster than Nourish, but you won't be able to sustain Regrowth spam.(Which also costs 5 times as much as Nourish)

I don't feel like I need any of these power auras. And Nature's Grace the least. Eclipses could be ok, but I rather want a sound when they proc than this effect.

15+ Year Old Account
    What others said. It's nice to know you have NG up when you pop a hurricane, which is why people often Typhoon immediately prior for the free NG proc.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Deleted
    Actually, you're probably going to have a lot less crit in Cataclysm, when you start out, and even in your general rotation. Nature's Grace has a 80%ish uptime in ICC gear, and when you're losing all your crit from gear, and the crit from lunar eclipse, Nature's Grace is going to be more seldom.

And with more spells being affected by haste (dots), one might consider throwing them up when NG is up, rather than when its not.

---------- Post added 2010-08-26 at 09:11 PM ----------

But, i guess this feature can be turned off. The icons are nice and all, but I like the control we have with Power Auras